Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty : Swingers Discussion 788611091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCongress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty
TOPIC: Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   91 to 100 of 131   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I personally like do nothing congress's, if they don't legislate they can't fuck anything up.

I personally believe that we should only allow the house and senate to be in session for 4 month a year and then they have to go back to their districts and work a real job.

We don't need them in DC 32 weeks a year. was never meant to be a full time job.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Joe that is all well and good, however the security of this nation is at stake. So far the democrats have proven time and time again that they do not have the mindset to do what has to be done in order to confront and defeat the terrorist. With sentiments that the war on terrorism is a bumper sticker, pulling us out of Iraq etc etc I do not feel confident in their ability to defend this great nation.

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
st pete sez And exactly what change in leadership do you see on the horizon?

OK pay attention this time:

Oh and the president is the executive branch and I was speaking of the legislative branch.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
I think come 2008 the electorate will probably vote democrat just to shut them up and give them the "control" that they have been whining that they never had the past 8 years. And after 4 years of nothing getting done look for the republicans to retake control again.

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Perfect

"OK. How long does it take? Inquiring minds want to know. "

Certainly longer than 6 months. What do you want....miraculous success.

Every congress there is so partisan nothing can get done. This one the prior one the one before that and before that. However, take the war funding for example (and keep in mind the war is only funded through September 30, 2007 - the congress may get some balls and withhold funding next go around and I'm not saying that I'd agree but they might). They passed the bill and Bush vetoed it and they didn't have the votes to over-ride his veto. Would you rather that they had stalled and kept passing the same bill to Bush and NOT funded the troops? How about the stem cell bill Bush just vetoed. The democrats don't have the votes to over-ride there either...seems like they were 3 short. You tell me what they are to do when they don't have the neccessary majorities for over-rides since you're all knowing. I can't believe you and others expect instant success from a new congress. The 109th was a do nothing congress for over two years and they followed republican control for what 10 years? And no I did not look it up whether it's 10 years, 5 years or 15 years as it's not germaine to my point. The point is the prior congress did nothing and had much longer in addition to years of republican control.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Lucky

"Lame very lame!!!! Unbelievable. The blame game, Put blame where it belongs. I see a change in leadership on the horizon... "

And exactly what change in leadership do you see on the horizon? Back to the mugwamps that had control 6 months ago? I agree with dzzzy, not gonna change 8 years of destruction in 6 months. Personally, I'm getting pissed at all of them and don't see much of an alternative. There are no 3rd party candidates which stand a ghosts chance in hell of getting elected nor do I see any potential 3rd party candidate worth a shit. What Bloomberg, maybe, who can't make up his fringin mind if he wants to be a democrat, republican or independent. Talking about going the way the wind blows!

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Oh and the president is the executive branch and I was speaking of the legislative branch.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Forgone conclision 8 years for a president...to bad it isnt the same for congress LOL talk about getting shit done...LOL

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
u are correct, at the very TOP level :-)

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
well that makes sense. the right and far right have been in "control" for most of the past decade. you can't fix what was done in 8 yrs in 5 months :-)

Lame very lame!!!! Unbelievable. The blame game, Put blame where it belongs. I see a change in leadership on the horizon...

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   91 to 100 of 131   End
TOPIC: Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty