Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty : Swingers Discussion 788611071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCongress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty
TOPIC: Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   71 to 80 of 131   End
User Details are only visible to members.
well passing at a majority with only 4 - 8 naes it's a mute point if Bush signs or not. It is veto proof. All Bush could do would delay the law passage a few days.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
I would like to know who wrote the bill. The pay raise for our military is still on the shelf. Being held by Sen. Reid. And the Bill you speak of was a Bipartisen effort. Either way you look at it this bill is not significant compared to the others mentioned in the Democratic agenda while they ran last fall. But still I will admit I find it to be an accomplishment. The appropriations bill for our military is being held hostage for a bill that calls for withdrawl from Iraq and dates to be set forth, How long will it sit on the shelf there is no telling.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
think it is the same bill st. pete and it seems that the president will in fact sign this version. we shall see..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy

That article was from today 7/30/07 and says the bill was passed last week on July 26th. Are we talking about the same bill with a slightly different reported vote or two separate bills passed with overwhelming majorities (veto proof)?

And then the last bill I mentioned Bush was opposed to giving the military a 3.5% pay increase and a bunch on medical care of military and veterans. Bush was opposed because it was a higher pay raise than he requested in his 2008 budget.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
st pete,

the bill i referred to was passed by the House last week a day after the Senate approved the legislation 85-8

Bush will sign the bill now that his reservations about it have been addressed, said a White House spokesman, Scott Stanzel.

we shall see.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy

I think this is the bill they passed but I believe Bush has threatened to veto the bill calling it a "budget" buster! And this has the senate vote 89-4 and is thought to be veto proof.

"Senate Passes Homeland Security Appropriations Bill 7/30/2007 - port security news dot com The Senate last week (July26) passed the Homeland Security Appropriations Bill for Fiscal Year 2008, by a vote of 89-4. Since the House has already approved its version of the bill, the measure will now go to a House-Senate conference to work out the differences.........................

The extra funds provided by the amendment bring total funding in the bill to $40.6 billion, some $5.3 billion more than what the President requested and $3.2 billion above the House version. The President has threatened to veto the bill because the funding levels are above the amounts he requested."

There was also passage of military pay raises, military healthcare reform that Bush is also opposed to, I think in the neighborhood of 3.5% pay increase.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
no real recollection but if i do recall correctly part of the dem platform involved implementin the 9/11 commission recs

regardless, there were many posts in this thread about how this was a do nothin congress and this is an accomplishment for the dems who control congress, regardless of whether bush signed the bill or it received votes from some republicans.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
but still passed by the Democratic congress..."do nothing", i think not!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
haha, how did i know u would see it that way!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
i was away for a bit but did notice that noboby mentioned this act of congress...

Congress sent President Bush legislation Friday, July 27, to intensify anti-terror efforts in America, shifting money to high-risk states and cities and expanding screening of air and sea cargo to stave off future Sept. 11-style attacks.

The measure carries out major recommendations of the independent 9/11 Commission.

The bill, passed by the House on a 371-40 vote, ranks among the top accomplishments of the six-month-old Democratic Congress. The Senate approved the measure late Thursday by 85-8, and the White House said the president would sign the bill.

can u from the right side of playing field admit that this is an accomplishment or no?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   71 to 80 of 131   End
TOPIC: Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty