Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty : Swingers Discussion 788611061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCongress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty
TOPIC: Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   61 to 70 of 131   End
User Details are only visible to members.
LOL

My momma told me

Where's there's smoke there's always a fire

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Dzzy

LOL I just did a goggle for "congressional investigations". This was rather astonding from one hit. A listing of senators, house members and former congress members "currently" being investigated for ethics violations:

Senators 2 Republicans 1 Democrat House Members 8 Republicans 3 Democrats Former Members of Congress 9 Republicans 0 Democrats

Senators 1.1 Sen. Pete Domenici (R-N.M.) 1.2 Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) 1.3 Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska)

Representatives 2.1 Rep. John Doolittle (R-Calif.) 2.2 Rep. Tom Feeney (R-Fla.) 2.3 Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.) 2.4 Rep. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) 2.5 Rep. William Jefferson (D-La.) 2.6 Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-Calif.) 2.7 Rep. Gary Miller (R-Calif.) 2.8 Rep. Alan Mollohan (D-W.V.) 2.9 Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.) 2.10 Rep. Rick Renzi (R-Ariz.) 2.11 Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska)

Former members of Congress 3.1 Former Rep. Bob Beauprez (R-Colo.) 3.2 Former Sen. Conrad Burns (R-Mont.) 3.3 Former Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-Calif.) 3.4 Former Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Texas) 3.5 Former Rep. Mark Foley (R-Fla.) 3.6 Former Rep. Jim Gibbons (R-Nev.) 3.7 Former Rep. Katherine Harris (R-Fla.) 3.8 Former Rep. Bob Ney (R-Ohio) 3.9 Former Rep. Curt Weldon (R-Pa.)

Kinda of interesting! Don't get up to the hundreds of investigation there and without calculating percentages...what do you think on ethics about 85% being investigated are republicans!

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
when i google investigation i get........WHITEWATER :-)

welcome back DJ

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
DebJack

"Pete, so they passed an ethics reform bill. Have the dems acted ethically? No fucking way. Pelosi sought to BUY votes with pork, EXACTLY what she demanded be stopped."

I don't think the ethics bill addresses pork. It's about lobbying by special interest groups and making it mandatory to disclose who gives the politicians thier money over a certain dollar figure and preventing ex senators from lobbying in Washington for 2 years after they leave the senate and ex-house members from lobbying for 1 year....just to name two or three provisions.

"They have stalled congress for any serious work to get Bush with hundreds of investigations. "

They don't seem too stalled to me currently LOL Name those 100s of investigations to get Bush. I didn't know GW had been hauled in front of congress for anything. You know something I don't? Or do you think investigating all his cronies, scapegoats and sacrificial lambs is "getting GW"? hmmmm? LOL Inquiring minds want to know.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Hey DebJack

Welcome back. Where's my fuckin fish and a beer?

Well you've got 3 bipartisan bills passed in a week and a half and all with landslide veto proof votes. Like I said before, either you want them to do something or you don't ....make up your mind. And even if some of these bills were not introduced by dems, they supported and are the majority of the yes votes (since they do hold the majority). So one or two of the bills might have been introduced by republicans (however I don't know that as fact), the dems still get to take credit along with republicans for that support.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
it's true they have been busy. now u can say u don't agree but i think the label of do nothing is not deserved..

much busier than the iraqi parliament will be in august :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
In addition, for those that do solely want to bash the dems for not passing any of thier issues they campaigned on.....well they have passed thier "Ethics Reform" bill overwhelmingly as these last two bills and fully expect the Senate to pass it before the end of the week although with not quite as strong a majority.

Man they been busy passing bills the last two weeks! And I'd have to say that in my opinion the republicans have jumped on board cause maybe they got the message they might not be re-elected in 2008 if thier obstructionism continues.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Lucky

"So who wrote the bill? "

I don't know at the moment. Just exactly what difference does it make who wrote the bill?

The topic thread is about this Congress's low approval rating is it not. Last check I made, the Congress is made of of Democrats, Republicans and a Independent or two. Either you want the Congress as a whole to get something done or you don't. Or is it that you just want to bash a democrat controlled congress? Which isn't in the thread title.

Also, I've been looking throughout the day Lucky. I find only that the military pay raise bill which also covers military and veteran healthcare as being passed. I see nothing about Reid holding the bill up and in fact only a statement by Reid about GW not backing the bill. Please quote me a source stating that Reid is holding it up. Otherwise, I have to assume that is BS and the multiple articles I've read that state it's passed is what I have to go by.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
The current leadership are ready to abandon our troops because of their left political leanings and hatred for Bush and the Military...we will see just how this incompetence tastes to the American public in the next election.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
So who wrote the bill?

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   61 to 70 of 131   End
TOPIC: Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty