Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty : Swingers Discussion 788611051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCongress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty
TOPIC: Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   51 to 60 of 131   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"You want additional responsibilities given to the FDA --- That's more Gov't"

Nope but it sure would be nice if the current administration would give them the manpower (what 200 and some inspectors current - down from around 1,000) to do the duties they already have.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
more govt? now u are putting words in my mouth!

Ak,

another year older and not.........wiser :-)

Happy Belated!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Lets see giving money to farmers to not grow certain crops or insuring highways and bridges are safe. HHHMMMM let me see which one I choose?

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
The move came as lawmakers passed a $91 billion spending measure funding farm subsidies and nutrition programs for the budget year beginning Oct. 1.

Pet project of who? And maybe spnding 91 billion on infrastucture issues would be wiser.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
perf,

i didnt say safety wasn't an issue i said that i believe that the administration is saying "safety" which is a code word for we don't want to hurt the drug industrty.

safety is an issue and can be addressed by the appropriate bodies, the FDA or some other similar entity.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
perf,

i didnt say safety wasn't an issue i said that i believe that the administration is saying "safety" which is a code word for we don't want to hurt the drug industrty.

safety is an issue and can be addressed by the appropriate bodies, the FDA or some other similar entity.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy

Yep funny to me that GW has been threatening veto on landslide bill passings (which would ultimately be veto proof) over what he calls budget excesses. Up to this point he hasn't seen an expenditure he didn't like. Whats the total national debt now? Oh yeah, just under 9 Trillion Dollars. And I believe last week they were reporting that they were going to have to RAISE the debt ceiling so they could borrow more.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
and btw, the white house is not worried about safety but rather the big drug lobby

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
The House passed legislation Thursday effectively permitting the importation of lower-cost prescription drugs from places such as Canada, Australia and Europe.

The move came as lawmakers passed a $91 billion spending measure funding farm subsidies and nutrition programs for the budget year beginning Oct. 1.

The bill, passed by a 237-18 vote, faces a promised veto from President Bush over its price tag, and the administration also opposes the drug importation provision.

The sprawling measure is the final domestic spending bill to pass the House. It contains almost $1 billion more than requested by Bush. But the overall measure is more than $10 billion below comparable costs for the current budget year because it does not contain farm disaster aid and reflects lower crop subsidy costs due to the good farm economy.

The administration "strongly opposes" the drug provision, which would effectively permit individuals, wholesalers and pharmacists to import lower cost U.S.-made and FDA-approved prescription drugs from Canada and other countries.

The White House says there is no system in place to protect consumers from counterfeit or unsafe drugs, but an administration policy statement stops short of an outright veto threat.

congress seem BUSY!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
oh and one other thing I thougt of:

How many of these investigations is actually by the senate or house ethics committees as opposed to other government departments?

A quick review shows less than approx 1/3 are investigations by the ethics committees of the senate and house. The majority are Department of Justice and good ole Kathrine Harris (remember FL vote 2000 Harris?), she's hit the Justice Dept and Dept of Defense. LOL

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   51 to 60 of 131   End
TOPIC: Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty