Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty : Swingers Discussion 7886110101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCongress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty
TOPIC: Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   101 to 110 of 131   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Copied from my misdirected entry into the "War is Lost" thread:

As far as congress having these low approval ratings. They are not quite as low as the last do nothing congress but they are getting there. If you look at it there are two main reasons for their low approval rating. The war in Iraq and Immigration. The population of this country obviously feel that the new congress did not stand up to Bush by getting the course changed in Iraq by forcing through a timetable for exit or cutting off funding for an exit. Nor do the people want this new immigration legislation passed but yet the democrats and Bush want to run the immigration bill down our throats. And yes you read right.....I'm blaming the democrats on the immigration issue along with Bush. IMO new laws to ignore enforcement of is NO improvement over ignoring existing laws on the books. This is amenesty 1986 all over again....in another 15-20 years we'll have another 10-20mil illegal immigrants to deal with. We need immigration but why aren't we letting in the brightest and best instead of trying to enact legislation that lets the least educated (I believe I heard the average education level of the illegal immigrants is below 8th grade). And I believe statistically anyone (illegal, legal or even a US citizen) would put $10,000 a year into the economy but use $30,000 per year in welfare benefits. This issue is really the only issue with which I have common ground with my republican voting brother.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
The poll also finds that only about one in four Americans say they are satisfied with the way things are going in this country, little changed since last month but still at its lowest point in over a decade.

well that makes sense. the right and far right have been in "control" for most of the past decade. you can't fix what was done in 8 yrs in 5 months :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
wnt2,

I'll be in king of prussia in aug.... feel free to come over and kick my ass anytime. (yah baby hit me again).

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
wnt2,

I think you just sent all the asshole ny'ers to south florida to fuck up traffic. Didn't ya?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
wnt2

My opinion of NYer's from NYC is pretty poor. I live in the 6th "bario" of NYC SOUTH FLORIDA. For the most part, they're rude, think they are entitled and can't drive to save their lives. Both Rudy and Michael are to liberal for me.

I really don't care about their stands on abortion and such, it's their anti-gun attitude that I don't like. I really think that bloomberg will hurt the democrats if he runs. Hitlery has like 55% negative rating, rudy isn't any better. On both sides it's like dumb and dumber are running. But i really think bloomy will pull votes from the democrats because he's so liberal.

I haven't figured out who i'll vote for. But if it's hitlery on the dems side... i'll vote republican. Obama actually has a shot at my vote, slim shot but a shot.

really really hoping fred thompson gets into the race.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
first he was a democrat, then he was a republican so he didn't have a crowded field to run for mayor in, now he's an independent..... what's next. If he wants to spend a billion dollars to run for the white house and lose... we'll it's his money.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
You have entered the SLS zone dodododo..... please define Turd blossom?????

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
The popularity of congress is based on their inability to get along PERSONALLY in the last 12+ years, Not political. When at work we are and are expected to act professional, They act like children in the back seat of a station wagon on a 1800 mile trip ARGH!!! Or two kids arguing about whose dad is tougher. People on here reflect the same behavior why should they expect anything different from their politicians? Poll are reflecting the people are tired of the childish behavior and want them to get some work done. For America, From getting out of Iraq (example) to closing the southern border, they want action. Words are hollow because both the congress and GW bush have run out of time arguing, it is time for some action on the problems we face. The one that sticks in my head is the Filibuster on social security a few years back.And still it sits on the shelf...

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I am also sure the liberals will find a way to blame it on bush that their party is about as popular as aids. Actualy aids might be more popular.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
this is a "do nothing congress". I actually prefer divided government.... the less they legislate the less they can fuck up.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   101 to 110 of 131   End
TOPIC: Congress, The Aproval ratings are in Not Pretty