Congress, Fearing 'Brain Drain,' Seeks to Opt Out of Participating in Obamacare's Exchanges : Swingers Discussion 220965
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCongress, Fearing 'Brain Drain,' Seeks to Opt Out of Participating in Obamacare's Exchanges
TOPIC: Congress, Fearing 'Brain Drain,' Seeks to Opt Out of Participating in Obamacare's Exchanges
Created by: perfectmatch69
Original Starting post for this thread:
Same old song and dance.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
hmmm, I thought the Chief Hypocrisy Cop would be all over this. Guess it looks bad for the wrong party.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16942 posts)
Thre:

Like the oil industry, any time there is a change in the middle east... There is a spike in the price of oil. Healthcare is the same thing.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7423 posts)
The affordable healthcare act has not yet been implemented, so if your costs have doubled, blame your insurance company

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
My costs have doubled and my coverage is far worse,I think most self payers are in that boat.So no I don't think that statement anywhere near truthful.The affordable healthcare act is pricing insurance out of reach for the average American.

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1124 posts)
"If you like the insurance plan you have, you will be able to keep it" Does that ring a bell? I won't be going to the exchanges either, as 80+% of Americans won't Why in Gods name would Congress, or anyone else give up a plan that works for them? Oh wait..I forget...Fox news and talk radio told you that you were going to be stripped of your insurance and forced into a plan where you would have to wait 11 years from an EKG They lied

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
all oarsmen are to be chained to the ship.except the drummer,whipper,helmsmen,and the captian.I mean who wants to go down with the ship.right now congress pays nothing for health care.the tax payer pays it all..................BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
I was amused when in his first week in congress as a freshman, tea party Butt boy and deadbeat dad Joe Walsh wanted to know when his health care plan kicked in...Classic hypocricy...not sure what he's doing these days, since we taxpayers are no longer paying his back child support payments....since Tammy Duckworth and WE THE PEOPLE of Illinois 8 kicked his ass out of congress

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Workers won't leave DC simply because they must have Obama care. If they do, great, job opening.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7423 posts)
As Obamacare was winding its way through the Senate in 2009, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa) slipped in an amendment requiring that members of Congress, and their staff, enroll in Obamacare’s health insurance exchanges. The idea was simple: that if Congress was going to impose Obamacare upon the country, it should have to experience what it is imposing firsthand. But now, word comes that Congress is quietly seeking to rescind that provision of the law, because members fear that staffers who face higher insurance costs will leave the Hill. The news has sparked outrage from the right and left. Here’s the back story, and why this debate is crucial to the future of market-based health reform.

According to John Bresnahan and Jake Sherman of Politico, however, Congress is seeking to wipe out these provisions and put members and staffers back onto FEHBP. “Several proposals have been submitted to the Office of Personnel Management,” they write. “One proposal exempts lawmakers and aides; the other exempts aides alone.”

What’s surprising about the effort to revive the exemption is that it appears to be bipartisan. According to the Politico reporters, talks to change the provision involve both Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) and House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio). “Everyone has to hold hands on this and jump, or nothing is going to get done,” one source told the reporters. Several of their sources worried about a “brain drain” that would drive talented staffers off the Hill.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16942 posts)
Same old song and dance.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16942 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Congress, Fearing 'Brain Drain,' Seeks to Opt Out of Participating in Obamacare's Exchanges