Commandant of the Hanoi Hilton Endorses John McCain : Swingers Discussion 107850
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCommandant of the Hanoi Hilton Endorses John McCain
TOPIC: Commandant of the Hanoi Hilton Endorses John McCain
Created by: SpunkBoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
BBC World News Today: Commandant of the Hanoi Hilton Endorses John McCain

"Tran Trong Duyet ... must rank as one of John McCain's more unlikely supporters."

"Four decades ago, during the Vietnam war, Mr Duyet was in charge of the notorious Hoa Lo prison - the place where Mr McCain says he was brutally beaten and tortured during five-and-a-half years as an American prisoner of war."

"'McCain is my friend,' said 75-year-old Mr Duyet as he feeds the caged birds he now keeps in his garden in this coastal city."

"If I was American, I would vote for him."

The article goes on to say: "Cain has since described enduring months of solitary confinement and systematic torture which drove him to try to kill himself."

Mr Duyet's reaction is: '"He did not tell the truth,' retorted Mr Duyet in the article, 'But I can somehow sympathise with him. He lies to American voters in order to get their support for his presidential election."'

Think Mr Duyet will be appearing in McCain endorsement spots?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Here is more of the interview that was left out:

At the same time, he denies prisoners of war were tortured. Despite detailed POW accounts and physical wounds, Duyet claims the presumed Republican presidential nominee made up beatings and solitary confinement in an attempt to win votes.

His statements seem to echo the communist leadership's overall line on America: It insists the torture claims are fabricated, but that Vietnam now considers the U.S. a friend and wants to lay the past to rest. Duyet said one of the reasons he likes McCain for president is the candidate's willingness to forgive and look to the future.

Former jailer calls McCain an old buddy Duyet, 75, grew testy during the interview when repeatedly questioned about torture and why so many other former POWs say they too were mistreated. He preferred to talk about McCain as an old buddy.

"He's tough, has extreme political views and is very conservative," Duyet said. "He's very loyal to the U.S. military, to his beliefs and to his country. In all of our debates, he never admitted that the war was a mistake."

McCain still bears the evidence of his wounds and has described being repeatedly bound and beaten by his captors. After his plane was hit by a surface-to-air missile during a bombing mission over Hanoi in 1967, McCain ejected and suffered a broken leg, two broken arms, and was briefly knocked unconscious. The Vietnamese mob who found him smashed his shoulder and he was bayoneted.

He says medical attention was delayed in an attempt to get him to reveal information and he was held in solitary confinement for over two years.

Jailer says McCain lied about torture to win votes Other former POWs also say they were tortured by communist forces at the jail, and many say they still suffer physical pain from it.

"They are liars. What they said is not true," said Duyet, who was a jailer at Hoa Lo from 1968 until the POW release in 1973, serving as prison chief the last three years. Duyet claimed McCain "invented that story that he was tortured and beaten to win votes."

Asked for a response, the McCain campaign referred The Associated Press to Orson Swindle, a retired Marine lieutenant colonel who was imprisoned with McCain. Swindle said Duyet "has no credibility on every utterance he makes."

This gook is only continuing his communist propaganda. Remember how honest the Vietnamese are? Claiming that after the POW exchange and following the war stating many times that there were no POW's in Vietnam? The claims of humane treatment? The claims of no Geneva Convention violations? McCain should agree to meet this POS and place a .45 to his forehead and turn his head into a fucking canoe.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Goodcpl2001,

If you're ever on the island, give me a shout.

Love to get together for a little political discourse.

...Spunk

P.S. In Vancouver today, looks like a brilliant day to go bare assed on Wreck Beach.

Victoria Canada
Username hidden
(33 posts)
The guy is a commie, more like a hussein supported...lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
And the conservatives would have up believe every limp dick that has anything to say against any Democrat...

Clean your own house, big guy

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
I see, so I should believe a Former commandant for the North Vietnamese over John Mccain and other war prisoners who were held hostage for years. Makes sense........wow I feel badly toward Mccain now!

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
From the UCMJ

908. ART. 108. MILITARY PROPERTY OF UNITED STATES-LOSS, DAMAGE, DESTRUCTION, OR WRONGFUL DISPOSITION Any person subject to this chapter who, without proper authority-- (1) sells or otherwise disposes of; (2) willfully ore through neglect damages, destroys, or loses; or (3) willfully or through neglect suffers to be lost, damaged, sold, or wrongfully disposed of; any military property of the United States, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

Firing your firearm without authorization is punishable by 10 years In Levenworth federal prison. I carried a fire arm Approx.4 out of the 6 years that I served and not once was I tempted to fire my weapon and or take ordinance from it or off the base and or ship. With out express permission for a senior NCO and or officer.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
LQQK sez: That's all well and good Lucky, but whay are you evading the question? Why did GWB let him escape four years ago.

Answered a long time ago werent you reading?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I also debate Canadians on politics on a regular basis...lol

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
GOODCPL2001! You sound almost Canadian? Must be from living near the border.

Not Canadian, but just ten minutes from the border....I go to Vancouver about 3 times a month. Used to be more. But the dollar the way it is now....

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never realized the strength of liberal/conservative feelings in your country (Spunk is Canadian).

Glad the use of dueling pistols is outlawed. Or is it?

GOODCPL2001! You sound almost Canadian? Must be from living near the border.

...SpunkBoy

Victoria Canada
Username hidden
(33 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
TOPIC: Commandant of the Hanoi Hilton Endorses John McCain