Colorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws : Swingers Discussion 2157611012
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsColorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws
TOPIC: Colorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   12 to 21 of 92   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The only time enforcing the law is mandatory is when the law says "shall", and it addresses who must follow it. Or a specific agency or officer is directed by a judge.

Police are under no obligation to enforce most laws. Police are under no obligation to protect the public.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
"and I know the Constitutional means to overturn them is through the Judiciary. "

Say what?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
NO, I do not agree with all SCOTUS decisions, but I do abide by them, and I know the Constitutional means to overturn them is through the Judiciary.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
pp

So you agree with ALL supreme court decisions?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States"

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
PP69...nope...Article 1 section 8 of the constitution covers the enforcement of immigration law, who can enforce it, and who can not. A VERY NON LIBERAL Supreme Court agreed in the SB 1070 case

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
It's all apple to apples, unless you're a liberal and don't like one of the apples.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
Hold on...redo...you are correct...."Local governments do not enforce immigration in sanctuary cities" This is because sanctuary city of not, local government has no administrative right to enforce federal immigration laws. Sometimes semantics are everything

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
PM69...that is incorrect...but I have no expectation I can convince you otherwise

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
"I just wanted to clarify the misconception of what a sanctuary city actually is, and is not "

I don't think you succeeded. A Sanctuary City is a place where Federal law is not enforced by local authorities.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   12 to 21 of 92   End
TOPIC: Colorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws