Colorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws : Swingers Discussion 215761
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsColorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws
TOPIC: Colorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
The Colorado sheriff whose county includes the Batman shooting movie theater spoke out Tuesday against law enforcement officials who refuse to enforce gun regulations that they deem unconstitutional.

Sheriffs across the county have said in recent weeks that they will not enforce any new gun-control legislation that they think steps over the line -- a response to proposals offered by President Obama and many state lawmakers.

“Public safety professionals serving in the executive branch do not have the constitutional authority, responsibility, and in most cases, the credentials to determine the constitutionality of any issue,” Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said in a statement. Law enforcement officials should leave it to the courts to decide whether a law is constitutional or not.

Robinson’s deputies were among the officers who responded to the mass shooting in Aurora, where James Holmes allegedly killed 12 people and wounded dozens more last year.

“Acts of violence and gun violence have and will, sadly, continue to victimize our community and our country,” said Robinson, who identified himself as a supporter of the right to bear arms. “We all have an obligation to our families, neighbors, our community and our country to be engaged and to demand that well-considered, meaningful, and sustainable solutions to these senseless acts of violence are implemented in a timely manner.”

In the statement, Robinson also made a plea for better mental health services, stricter penalties for perpetrators of gun crimes, and more gang violence initiatives.

Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Ky., is among the sheriffs who have said they would consider not enforcing new gun laws.

“Kentucky is a sovereign state,” Peyman told NBC News last week. “The federal government is coming in and saying, ‘This is what you’re going to do.’ We’re not going to do it.”

“Let’s say I know there’s a thousand assault weapons in my county,” Peyman said. “I’m not going to be a witch hunter and go door to door checking.”

Sheriff Tim Mueller of Linn County, Ore., sent a letter to Vice President Joe Biden dated January 14 in which he said politicians in favor of new gun laws are attempting to “exploit the deaths of innocent victims.”

Mueller also wrote that he would not allow federal officers to enforce “any unconstitutional regulations or orders” in Linn County.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 92   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Mark memory serves me that HA used to do a fair business serving warrants in CA.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19323 posts)
Robert: Out here in California people make a living serving warrants. It takes a big load off of the sheriffs Departments. It can be very dangerous work and you had better be ready. I had a soldier in one of my reserve units who went into business doing just that. And he was making really good bank. He must have served a warrant to some really bad people though. One weekend he came to drill asking to go back on active duty ASAP! Stationed overseas if possible. Now I know you have a hard time believing anything I say. So I know you will belive this, as this is where you seem to get most of your information from. Watch the movie "Pineapple Express". One of the characters in that movie made his living serving warrants.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
The judge does not allow, he/she ORDERS. It may be upon request but it is a order none the less.

Go back to school.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19323 posts)
In Virginia they can be served by anyone also the law may very from state to state. In WV they have private process servers do this.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Fjep:

and if anything at all were to not play out like it does in your perfect little world... The judge allowing a common person to issue such warrants/summons or other can become responsible for the failure of the case based upon the situation which develops.

This is why competent courts only allow law enforcement and officers of the law to deliver such warrants or summons. So to ensure that all requirements are met... by trained persons.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7449 posts)
Dufus the case has nothing to do with the warrant. If there is a warrant issued the case has already been built, or at least probable cause. The warrant is a process in the justice system.

A arrest warrant is not contingent on obtaining evidence, unless it is a search warrant. No questions need to be asked, nor does Miranda even have to be given unless questions are asked.

The main requirement is that the warrant is served and read to the arrested. Even when a outside person or agency detains on a warrant it officially has not been served until a named party or their representative has served and read to the person named.

You really should have been paying attention in school.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19323 posts)
fjep:

Sure a judge maybe able to authorize anyone to issue or deliver the warrant, but if that warrant is incorrectly delivered... or a number of other events unfold, the case maybe thrown out on other legal grounds.

So do not worry, you won't likely be issuing any summons or warrants any time soon.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7449 posts)
Say what what? SCOTUS decisions are overturned through the judiciary process...is that a stumper?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Bobby there is no law saying they cannot direct a warrant. They do it everyday, dufus.

You provide a law saying they can't that is how it works. What is not illegal is legal. All warrants are directed. Just who do you think serves them a Jeanie?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19323 posts)
fjep:

Provide the law or other legal documents in which a judge may allow anyone to issue or serve warrants.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7449 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 92   End
TOPIC: Colorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws