Colorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws : Swingers Discussion 2157611021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsColorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws
TOPIC: Colorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   21 to 30 of 92   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I just wanted to clarify the misconception of what a sanctuary city actually is, and is not "

I don't think you succeeded. A Sanctuary City is a place where Federal law is not enforced by local authorities.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16713 posts)
PM69...he knows it, and by summer the need for sanctuary cities will likely be a moot point...there is bi partisan support for a path to citizenship I just wanted to clarify the misconception of what a sanctuary city actually is, and is not

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3840 posts)
I'd say it 's apples to apples. I'm also betting this Supreme Court would not require State and Local authorities to enforce Federal Law.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16713 posts)
PP

"Perfectmatch...sanctuary cities do not "refuse to enforce laws"...they in fact, obey the law to the LETTER in that local, county and State law enforcement agencies have no enumerated constitutional right to enforce matters of immigration, nor are they REQUIRED to report suspected cases to federal authorities...so you see...it's apples and oranges "

Maybe you should tell OweBama that. lol.

Washington Times, July 2012

After eviscerating most of Arizona’s strict immigration law in court last month, the Obama administration is now considering going after the other side by suing sanctuary cities to force them to cooperate with federal deportation efforts, an agency chief told Congress on Monday.

Cook County officials decided several years ago they did not want to cooperate with federal authorities’ immigration efforts and stopped providing them information that could help with deportations of those booked into county jails.

Last year, the county enacted an ordinance officially halting compliance except in the most major of cases, and then only after they reached a financial agreement with the federal government to cover the costs.

The Justice Department declined to comment on whether it is prepared to sue, but Mr. Morton said he and Homeland Security Secretary Janet A. Napolitano are both pushing for action to force Cook County to comply.

The detainer controversy dovetails with a broader concern over the Secure Communities program, created by Congress, which tries to check whether those arrested by police should be deported. Under Secure Communities, the fingerprint checks local police submit to the FBI are also checked against immigration databases, and if individuals are deemed priorities for deportation, the federal government asks that detainees be held.

Some states had tried to opt out of the fingerprint portion, but federal authorities said they have no choice.

Cook County is not yet covered by Secure Communities, but the program is expected to be running nationwide next year.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16713 posts)
My rational is that there is no stats or significant reports of armed citizens being victims of crimes. If you can find more then a handful over 10 years please post them. I am not even narrowing it down to a year, search 10 years.

Literally thousands across the country go about their business armed without incident. Concealed carry citizens usually end up on top of the few incidents they are in, and open carry citizens are very rarely involved in any incidents. Crimes are just not committed when they are around.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
so since you have a gun, you can never be a victim? I truly would like to hear your rational for that. do you have a shirt or a big orange vest saying "don't victimize me I have a gun?"

Sandwich IL
Username hidden
(28 posts)
some body comes up and put a gun to your head.first of all,if you don't have your head up your ass and paying attention of whats going on a round you,you will know if something is not right before that person puts a gun to your head.if somebody comes running at you with a gun and starts shooting don't bother to run,because bulltess are faster.if you have a gun.shoot back,at lest you have an even chance of living.if you don't want to carry a gun,then don't.but don't tell me I can't protect myself,because you are to much of coward to protect yourself.I have been around people like that and I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw a car.in a bad sitatution they always cause more harm then good.they run and hide or say give up I'am scared.no shit we all are scared.but I an't letten somebody kill me just cause they feel like it.you want to kill me it will cost you your life if I have anything to say or do about it...................BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Ah POO on you...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
Typical libtards who base life on movies and tv, Obama should ban them.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
"So if a person comes up to you, and puts a gun to your head. You will have time to get your gun, take the safety off and shoot? How will that work? Not sure of your training. But, there is many police officers dead that had a gun. Just didn't have time to get it out and use it"

Oh, sure they do. All those countless hours of standing in front of the mirror in their bedrooms practicing their quick draw.

Their best Robert DiNero impression. "You talkin' to me?"

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   21 to 30 of 92   End
TOPIC: Colorado sheriff blasts colleagues over refusal to enforce gun laws