Chris Wallace Shreads Wayne LaPierre And The NRA : Swingers Discussion 2163101051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsChris Wallace Shreads Wayne LaPierre And The NRA
TOPIC: Chris Wallace Shreads Wayne LaPierre And The NRA
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   51 to 60 of 72   End
User Details are only visible to members.
monolithic blocks are as monolithic blocks do

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3840 posts)
Was supposed to be"

"No wonder FOX is losing the prime time ratings war for the all important 25-55 age range?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3518 posts)
"When I think a politician sucks, I say that politician sucks. I don't say their party sucks. I don't treat groups of people as monolithic blocks like you, Ghost, Party etc do. "

I never used to either VA but times change....and apparently assholes congregate with the Republican party, especially the tea party.

And you damn well know that I have defended Republicans that acted like humans (Cristy comes to mind, so does Joe Scarborogh). The fact that there is a dearth of Republicans that act like humans is not my problem. Look within for that solution....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3518 posts)
I'm sure that I speak for all of "us" in this here monolithic block, that those who say stuff like "Liberals are stupid!" do not represent the views of any other individual.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
How any intelligent person can still call FOX a 'news' channel after the debacle of an election coverage and the BLATANT partisan bullshit associated with the campaign is beyond me. As for "Fair and balanced' and FOX in the same sentence, it is now a true 'guffaw' moment for anyone in this country with a shred of sanity remaining....OX is losing the prime time ratings war for the all important 25-55 age range?

Seems more people would rather have things EXPLAINED to them by Rachel and Laurence than have dogma shouted at them by Fox 'news' readers. Whooda thunk it?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3518 posts)
" I don't treat groups of people as monolithic blocks like you, Ghost, Party etc do."

Do tell.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Individual members of a political party are not anticipated (historically, that is) to be of one mind. There's an incentive to distance oneself from others. A serious exception would be recent Republican presidential primaries.

Employees of a network, or of any other business, may very well not be expressing their honest opinions, if it's contrary to their job description. A salesman just tells you what will sell his product, and it may well not be fair or balanced or true.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
What is newsworthy here, is that a Fox news employee actually called out the CEO of the NRA on his outrageous and toxic words and deeds. Again, this is FOX we are talking about MSNBC has a morning show hosted by a Republican, and has several Republicans as contributors and regulars across it's programming schedule. not top mention frequent visits by people like Mike Murphy, Peggy Noonan,Richard Steel and others.

As for Fox, (With the exception of weak half heated one liners by Juan Williams) this is the first time since since Meghan Kelly chastised a guest who suggested maternity leave as a counter point to passing Lilly Ledbetter that a fox news person dressed down a right wing extremist...An action by the way, which promoted thousands of negative communications from Fox viewers, and was rumored to cost her a wrist slapping by network execs

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3840 posts)
I made the point as a more general trend towards individual vs collective responsibility. I hold individuals responsible for their actions, not everyone whom I can lump in with them. It wasn't just you - it was all of "you".

When I think a politician sucks, I say that politician sucks. I don't say their party sucks. I don't treat groups of people as monolithic blocks like you, Ghost, Party etc do.

I don't bitch and moan about MSNBC, Fox News, etc. I bitch and moan about the individuals on it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18806 posts)
Yeah, good point. I actually did notice I was doing that, substituting 'Fox' for 'Wallace'.

But does Fox News have anyone but right-wing and far-right reporters? Does any other network have such an exclusively biased bunch of employees?

If there isn't diversity of opinion among the commentators, they do seem to be a single opinion. When there's a slight divergence, it seems to be noteworthy.

Disagreeing with Wayne LaPierre indicates some sanity, to be sure.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   51 to 60 of 72   End
TOPIC: Chris Wallace Shreads Wayne LaPierre And The NRA