Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Chris Wallace Shreads Wayne LaPierre And The NRA
TOPIC: Chris Wallace Shreads Wayne LaPierre And The NRA
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   41 to 50 of 72   End
User Details are only visible to members.
vacpl, what stats did anyone change? I think maybe you just don't get arithmetic.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
It is clear to see that good old chris thinks that is very much OK for some on the left to actually and really be a protected class while putting forth nothing to protect the rest of our children. Lots of words but that is the only substance of the whole conversation

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Just showing that anybody can change the stats to meet their needs. And we all know that is true.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
vacpl, why do you consider that to be manipulation of statistics?

Suppose half of the households in a state have guns. For every woman murdered in a home without a gun, 8 are murdered in a home with a gun. I doubt that 8 times as many are stabbed to death, with a gun in the house. More likely it's about the same number who die of stabbing, and another 7 are shot. But not in the homes without guns.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
This is how you manipulate statistics. "In the U.S., 64 percent of women who are murdered each year die at the hands of a family member or intimate partner. In situations involving domestic violence, having a gun in the home makes a woman eight times more likely to be killed." Hypothetical.....Okay, so a woman is murdered in her home by her husband by being stabbed to death. In the police report it is put down that firearms were retrieved and confiscated from the home(not involved with the murder). This is now taken into the statistics of "this family owned a gun, this man murdered his wife"- accounting for the statement "having a gun in the home makes a woman eight times more likely to be killed" Did the gun get used? No, is it still included in this statistic? Yes. This is why you have to re-look at figures on statistics because so many other factors come in to play. This is just ONE!

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"I'm sure that I speak for all of "us" in this here monolithic block, that those who say stuff like "Liberals are stupid!" do not represent the views of any other individual. "

I do not say things like "liberals are stupid", and I don't have much in the way of respect for those who do.

My lack of interest in discussing things with people who speak in such ways extends to both sides. I roll my eyes at "libtard" just as much as I do "rethuglikan".

My father has a terrific quote that I like to use: "Stupidity is an equal opportunity disorder". You can substitute other words for "Stupidity" - classlessness, ignorance, etc. No group has a lock on any of these "traits".

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20262 posts)
You actually answered my "accusation" by explaining why you do what you do, rather than saying you don't do it. You noted exceptions, which I'll grant you, but by and large it's just "rethuglikans this" and "rethuglikans that". It's boring. Simply boring.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20262 posts)
How conspiracy theories are born?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Thanks for doing pretty much what I said you do. Each of the three of you. I don't think I could have fabricated better responses. "

Ahhh, perfectly predictable. The self fulfilling righty circle jerk! A textbook example of a 'conservative' echo chamber in action.

And then you accuse anyone who disagrees with you of the exact same 'painting in a broad swath' as 'right and left'. And you can't even see it....

You really have drunk the koolaid VA....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Thanks for doing pretty much what I said you do.

Each of the three of you.

I don't think I could have fabricated better responses.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20262 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   41 to 50 of 72   End
TOPIC: Chris Wallace Shreads Wayne LaPierre And The NRA