Chocolate Jesus : Swingers Discussion 761931081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsChocolate Jesus
TOPIC: Chocolate Jesus
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   81 to 90 of 94   End
User Details are only visible to members.
chocolate bunnies....delicious

chocolate jesus...outrageous

both taste the same :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I think people have the right to be upset by anything said or done. They have a right to make their feelings known. Christianity does get attacked very often these days, whether or not this was one of those attacks kind of depends on the Artist's true intentions. Is anyone familiar with the Artist's body of work? Does he/she have a history of making anti-Christian statements or art? Motivation is everything when it comes to Art, IMO. I find it funny how some "Christians" worship the "Buddy Jesus". I guess they never really read about him in Revelations, he did not have much of a sense of humor in that chapter......

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
"Wow, Sim, I understand what you are saying, but I didn't see any other reference to God or Jesus being upset"

Then what is their point of being offended?

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
the reason i thought this was an interesting topic was the comment that this was one of the worst assault on christian sensibilities. it may be "wrong", it may (arguably) be "offensive" but it sure as hell ain't one of the worst assault on christian values, etc... IMHO

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I'm beginning to wonder if anyone's God (except mine) has a sense of humor these days. Sorry... I don't think God or Jesus is a pompous self righteous stiff shirt.... his humor is all over his works in the universe. Unfortunately, it's his small minded tiny little world followers that don't have any humor. My Jesus would laugh along with everyone else at the absurdity of his likeness in Chocolate. Offended? You've got to be kidding.... I think he is a bit more worried about important matters ....not trivial cartoons and chocolate. Geeeeeze. Just my opinion.

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Is it dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Is it 74%+ cocoa? If they used the cheap stuff I would be very offended. That just wouldn't be right.

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
No...it is not a big thing. However, any group has a right to voice their displeasure over something....it is called freedom of speech.

However, it seems people are missing Prefect’s point. A cartoon about Mohammed did not cause just verbal complaints, it resulted in violence and death threats. Yet, many who condemn the Christians who are upset with Christ being made into something perishable, stated that the cartoon was wrong and insensitive towards Muslims.

So, it is alright to do something that you do not find insulting or insensitive, but that some Christians do? Plus, it is wrong to do something that is viewed as an insult to religions, that are NOT Christian, but it is not wrong or insensitive if something is insulting to Christians.

Some Christians may be upset with this and personally, I do believe they are taking it out of context. However, I have not seen or heard of Christians burning buildings, turning over cars or calling for the artist to be killed like we did when the Mohammed cartoon was published.

The Christians who are complaining are simply exercising their verbal free speech rights, they seem to be disappointed, but not violent...let it go.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
ROFLMAO ;)

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(825 posts)
"Maybe if it had been done in white chocolate? "

LOL

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
"I remember not long ago there was a cartoon that offended a religious group. Many papers wouldn't print it.

What was the big deal? "

Again...exactly.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   81 to 90 of 94   End
TOPIC: Chocolate Jesus