Chocolate Jesus : Swingers Discussion 761931071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsChocolate Jesus
TOPIC: Chocolate Jesus
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 94   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That Perfect was a gigantic offense!!!!

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
if you find it offensive look inward......or AWAY!!

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Me I am catholic and I am not offended. When I first heard of this certain thoughts came to mind and it had to do with lenth, and a smile on Mary Magdaline face if you believe the Davinci code......Lord forgive me

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Scorp,

I don't think most, 99.9 percent, of Christians are offended by this. However, listening to the media the last few days, they give the perception that CHRISTIANS are offended. I understand that it is only a small group, and it may be only a few leaders, of that group that are offended. I just don't like or respect a MEDIA that spins this into something it is not.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
maybe the media has higher expectations for the christians...

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Scorp wrote:

"I don't see whats so upsetting. I think Muslims and Christians alike need to lighten up."

Then scorp wrote:

"In my opinion, this thread has nothing to do with Islam anyway. Who brought Islam into the discussion? This thread is about Chocolate Jesus. It makes about as much since to drag the Scientologists into a discussion of Jesus, as it does the Muslims. Who did that in the first place? Why can't they debate the issue without clouding it or twisting it with some kind of stupid "comparitive" type of apples and oranges illogicical distortion? But it's typical of the discussions in these political forums." ----------------------------------------------------------------- As I stated earlier, each issue does not live in a vacuum. You, yourself, either conciously or subconciously brought another religion into the debate. ....and in my poinion rightfully so.

My argument is more that this is MEDIA driven and therefore, directly or indirectly, politically driven. The main stream MEDIA makes a big deal out of complaints by Christians versus incidents involving other religions. The MEDIA seems to incite and promote that Christians are small minded and make issues out of little things like the Chocolate Jesus. However, the MEDIA does not take the same position with other religions. That was my point.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Dzzy wrote:

"Atheism is the absence of belief in a deity or god. agnosticism is the absence of knowledge whether or not one or more gods exist. Atheism and agnosticism are actually two different spheres of thought and should be treated as such." ---------------------------------------------------------------------- I agree with the above. However, I qualified my statement because I do not believe in a deity or god, but when I discuss and debate this with my sister (as I previously inferred) I admit to her that I cannot deny the possibility that one does exist.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
i haven't seen any demonization of chritianiaty in here sen just viewpoints that gettin upset about a chocolate jesus is a bit over the top... -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I agree that getting upset over the Chocolate Jesus was "Over the Top". However, many posters have demonized Christians, not only in this forum, but in past forums as well.

Life is not a vacuum, where one can say that this forum has nothing to do with another forum or comments and news articles concerning other religions and their conduct. All of Life's problems and solutions are directly, indirectly and peripherally intertwined.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Atheism is the absence of belief in a deity or god. agnosticism is the absence of knowledge whether or not one or more gods exist. Atheism and agnosticism are actually two different spheres of thought and should be treated as such.

i haven't seen any demonization of chritianiaty in here sen just viewpoints that gettin upset about a chocolate jesus is a bit over the top...

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Here is what I find comical, as well as puzzling A few Christians get upset at something they believe is negative and insulting to their beliefs and the MEDIA jumps all over it making ALL Christians, as some of the posters suggest or claim, look intolerant.

Comedy Central does a show called "The Freak Show" with an episode dedicated to mocking Jewish traditions and their faith. Various organizations raise hell calling it Anti-Semitism and the show is QUIETLY yanked with little or no outrage from the MEDIA. No one seems to be telling those of Jewish faith or heritage to lighten up or calling them intolerant of Humor, which is a form of "Artistic Expression".

Muslims burn cars, break and damage windows and property of stores and markets in Europe over an "artistic" cartoon and the majority of the MEDIA calls the cartoonist intolerant, insensitive and bigoted towards the religion of Islam. Much of the MEDIA says nothing of the violence with some even justifying or defending it.

Why are these Christians intolerant when they PEACEFULLY complain about something that offends their religion, but it is the artists who are intolerant when they express themselves concerning a non-Christian religion?

Since I am considered an atheist, or as my sister says, an agnostic, I don't get what appears to me as intolerance, blind hatred and a different set of standards toward Christians.

Personally, I find no religion, in of itself, to be more violent or intolerant or even tolerant over another. Each religion has HUMANS that pervert or misrepresent the religion. Having said that and having lived my adult life all over the world, I have found that Christians are some of the most tolerant people I have ever met. This new "fad" or "bandwagon" bashing of Christianity and those that believe in it, is what is intolerant. Before calling Christians, Jews, Buddhist etc., or even Muslims intolerant or bigoted, look in the mirror. The person most intolerant may be the one looking back.

Historically, wars and violence have been carried out over all kinds of differences. We can argue that hundreds of years ago Christians were the provocateurs of different wars. However, Christianity grew and Christians and their leaders realized that their religion is one of peace and it should not be imposed or forced onto others. Today, most Muslims feel the same way about Islam. However, today in modern times, it is those who perversion the Islamic faith that are carrying out bigotry, intolerance and forcing social, as well as political change, through violence. Overall and it is my experience that Islam is a peaceful and tolerant religion. However, there are GREAT NUMBERS of those who fanitically believe otherwise, and have started a World War over their ideology and view of Islam. I do not see modern day Christians, nor any other religion currently being used to seek Global change through the mass and large scale violence that the fanatics that prevert Islam carry out.

Yet many of the posters on these forums wish to demonize Christianity while dismissing the fanatics, who through violence across the Middle East, Asia, Europe and the United States (remember 911), use Islam as their justification.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 94   End
TOPIC: Chocolate Jesus