Chicago: 500 Murders in 2012 : Swingers Discussion 2141711091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsChicago: 500 Murders in 2012
TOPIC: Chicago: 500 Murders in 2012
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 261   End
User Details are only visible to members.
TBR:

As I can no longer see about 1/4 of the posters (all of which are tea party or other right wing members) who are you saying is distorting the issue? Further can you state what issue you are referring to?

Sometimes in debates, the issue must be refered to, so that others who have been lead astray may return to the issue being discussed.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Once again, nibbling around the edges, obscuring the issue...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Looking:

You forgot a big one. The columbin school shooting. They had constructed bombs and if they used better quality copper, they could have killed more people.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Tbr, the guy who walked into the police station could have just snapped at the moment he realized life would be changing .

I have seen what was a typical law abiding citizens , who never had as much as a traffic ticket, Go from coherent cooperative to agressive and incoherent , by the sight of a pair of handcuffs during an investigation .

Similar episodes happen when DWI arrests realize what it actually happening , Even after they are no longer intoxicated.

I am not saying it isn't possible that an event is never planned, yet I will state that the events that cause great numbers of casualties tends to have been planned out, down to the demise or exit of the party creating the event.

An example of a planned event - the aurora shooting IMO a spontaneous event - the Connecticut school, Although I think the spontaneous part of it was the time in which he went (I do not think the shooter planned the day), I think he prepared for the action.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9692 posts)
NK - even the gun enthusiast as you claim admitted it was Not as simple as you and tweedle claim. Without milling and major alteration, or replacing the lower reciever it is not easy, the same goes for the AK , You need to read a bit more than just the blurbs on Google, or youtube.

all of those videos are misleading , let alone the periodicals you sent me a web link too.

without great care and preperation it is not practical, thus why there had not been an occaison yet that a fully automatic weapon has been used in a mass shooting. It is not practical.

Just because somebody is crazy does not mean they are stupid!

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9692 posts)
The population of the US is 320,000,000 people. More than 1/3 of which are legally able to apply for or be granted fire arms permits. The rest must steal/illegally gain their fire arms.

We are some of the most stressed people on earth with acess to fire arms.

We have the worst medical system (access to) in the western world.

Mental defect isn't covered by most plans, so either you must be really nuts for the government to help you pay for it... Or pay for the mental help yourself.

Our mental health system doesn't or isn't allowed to classify mentally sick people into groups which are violent and nonviolent... There for the idea to have a data base accessible by a select few (such as law enforcement, fire arm shops or other high risk agencies.)

I am rather impressed with how few mass killings we suffer as a nation spread across some 3,000 miles... Despite our population density.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
And the beat goes on...

AURORA, Colo. — Four people, including an armed suspect, died during an hours-long police standoff Saturday at a Colorado townhome, authorities said.

An Aurora police department SWAT team responded after shots were heard at the home at about 3 a.m., Aurora police Sgt. Cassidee Carlson said. Investigators said two men and a woman appeared to have been killed before officers arrived.

The suspect shot at police who approached the front of the home with an armored vehicle and tear gas at about 8:15 a.m., and he was killed when he fired at officers from a second-story window about 45 minutes later, Carlson said. It wasn't known if officers shot the suspect or if he shot himself.

A fifth person escaped unharmed and called police to report that she saw three people inside the home who "appeared lifeless," said Carlson, who declined to elaborate about the woman's escape.

A motive for the killings was unknown. Police wearing gloves and carrying evidence bags were going over the crime scene.

The shootings occurred about four miles southeast of the Aurora Mall, where 12 people were killed and dozens were wounded by a gunman at a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" on July 20. The man charged in that shooting, James Holmes, goes to court Monday for a preliminary hearing in which prosecutors will lay out their case against him.

Aurora, just east of Denver, is one of Colorado's largest and most diverse cities with more than 335,000 residents. It is home to Buckley Air Force Base as well as the sprawling University of Colorado Health Sciences Center campus.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
The obvious problem in society is that we want to treat all mentaly Sick people who commit mass killings as if they just snapped. Most mass killings take some level of planing. Our basic levels if education are rising and basic level planning are becoming easier for the mentally broken to do some small levels of planning and it doesn't take much to plan how to kill people.... Killing is the easiest thing in the world to do... It is the only skill all humans have to one extent or another... And some who think about it daily are very good at it.

As to the person who said that the records of mentally Ill persons can it be released die to privacy laws... This isn't exactly true. Yiur doctor might not be able to release the records, but your insirance company can. (or other third parties)

As for systems... A medical professional who thinks or believes their patents are going to hurt others are required by law to report the threat. This law can be expanded upon to include releasing the documents of any mentally sick persons who are considered a threat.

You do not need to release this to the public, but rather a data base which law enforcement and a select few have access to. (gun stores/shows/other stores of dangerious materials)

In the end of the day, if you want to kill people... No law will stop you from making a chemical weapon with house hold supplies.

I will not provide the list of matierals for making a bomb, but most homes have enough chemicals to make a bomb the size of which would destroy a hospital. (the biggest structure in my town)

99.9% of people have no desire to do this... But if one person with a high school chemistry skill wanted to... They could and they could transport it using a u-hall truck.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
If there's a nail in your tire, causing the air to leak out every 2 days, you could get rid of the nail and patch the hole.

Or you could say, Well there's other things that might make a leak anyway -- bottles in the road, and such -- so you may as well not bother to fix the obvious thing.

Just remember to fill your tire every day; it's not the biggest deal in the world.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"It is too easy for people who should not have firearms to get them.

So what are we going to do about it?"

Even after the two list I put up with all the mass shootings they still can't admit there's a problem.

It's their constitutional right to have guns and that's all they care about...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 261   End
TOPIC: Chicago: 500 Murders in 2012