Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Casualties of the great SLS Civil War
TOPIC: Casualties of the great SLS Civil War
Created by: Lucky2haveU
Original Starting post for this thread:
Things have really changed on the political Forums. Since the great race war some have gone, and some are hiding in the shadows. Some are still here promoting what they believe is the truth. How divisive is the subject of race? If you look back at certain forum subjects the subject is very divisive. It got personal and through out the great conflict there were casualties. It did revolve around Sen. Barack Obama's run for the white house. Some were trying to make some sort of justice for the black community. Others were conveying justice has some how already been served. Sen. Obama and his pastor have proven that the wounds of Slavery and segregation have not healed. Those that started the conflict are gone and those that pursued the conflict are gone, In my heart I know that I was harsh and delivered what I believe the good fight. Racism is undeniably an evil trait and can never be excused, and seeing it first hand makes it hard to deny and enhances the pain. No one here I believe is racist, however bigotry is prevalent here on SLS, on both sides of the preverbal isle. Those of us who grew up in the sixties saw it, the riots after the King assassination, D-day rally in Washington DC, The Black Panthers, The lynching of civil rights activists in Mississippi, ect. And don't want to be a part of revisiting those days of darkness in US history. Some want to continue a fight that should have ended a long time ago. If I in any way offended any one for my opinion I do apologize, But to those who cast me as a racist I and flamed me into rage and anger I forgive you. I know most of you want to put this to rest as I do, but I want to express that this war was fought out of a certain pride for America. And to those who were I salute you.

Lucky President of the Southern Pride School Alumni

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 173   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"It would be cool if we were self-governing enough to reduce spam and lard--the postings of stuff that has absolutely no connection to a thread topic and that is recycled or repeated from other posts...." ============================================ Look in the mirror Grasshopper, look in the mirror!!!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Thanks for noting my typo, Debjack. It should have been belfry.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Racist Democrats vs. Colorblind Republicans by John Hawkins

Sadly, Democrats have managed to trick a lot of black Americans into believing that the GOP is a racist party. But, in truth, the Democratic Party was, is, and will likely continue to be the home of far more racists than the GOP.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Debjack:

I have not, nor will I ever, report anyone to TOS. I truly believe in free speech and I am opposed to censorship. It would be cool if we were self-governing enough to reduce spam and lard--the postings of stuff that has absolutely no connection to a thread topic and that is recycled or repeated from other posts.... But I can be tolerant of some form of cyberspace Tourette's syndrome. We all know about bats in the belfy.

It's nice that SLS provides a half-way home for some adherents to the far right side of American politics....

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
ACORN is a bad seed. ACORN is a multi-million-dollar multinational conglomerate. ACORN claims to be a community assistance group, but its political agenda is driven by a relative handful of anti-corporate activists. ACORN spends millions of dollars to enact economic policies (such as raising the minimum wage), but has admitted that it doesn’t want to abide by them. ACORN advocates for workers rights and runs two unions, but busts unions of its own employees. ACORN fights for “good government,” but misuses government grants.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
How many of Obama's Chicago friends and advisors can you name? any of these??? lol

Tony Rezko, Money Bag, Jesse Jackson Sr, Pastor Wright Al Sharpton, Bill Ayers, Jesse Jackson jr, Bernadine Dohrn Ali Ata, Stuart Levine, James Meeks, Minister Farrakhan. Fr Pfleger, Teamsters logo, Chicago sewers, James Hoffa jr.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
As always when Obama waxes "eloquent," the media swooned. And, as always, the Missouri speech raised interesting questions if you actually read it.

The implicit premise of the speech was that Obama's patriotism is being widely questioned. As far as I've seen, that isn't true. What has happened is that Obama's judgment and political ideology have been questioned because he has chosen to associate himself closely with people who manifestly are not patriotic, like Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright.

In his speech today, Obama said that America "is the greatest country on Earth." I'm happy to assume he means it, although whether Obama ever means what he says is an open question. But how, then, did Jeremiah "God damn America" Wright become Obama's spiritual guardian for twenty years? And how do we reconcile Obama's "greatest country on earth" rhetoric with the cynical comment by his political sponsor Bill Ayers on Ayers' own acquittal: "Guilty as sin, free as a bird. What a great country!" Obama failed to acknowledge, let alone answer, the questions that are raised by these associations.

Then there's this gaffe:

I remember, when living for four years in Indonesia as a child, I listened to my mother reading me the first lines of the Declaration of Independence, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they're endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

I would have thought that pretty much everyone -- certainly every Presidential speechwriter, and every Harvard Law School graduate! -- knows that these are not the "first lines" of the Declaration, which begins, "When in the course of human events...."

What, exactly, accounts for the fact that Obama is not a laughingstock?

Finally, this:

"As we begin our fourth century as a nation, it is easy to take the extraordinary nature of America for granted."

"Fourth century?" The United States of America came into being in 1789. We have just recently begun our third century. I suppose Obama would say that the 21st century is America's fourth, just as Minnie Minoso played major league baseball in five decades. As always with Obama's howlers, you should ask yourself: would the press have bought it if it came from Dan Quayle?

Maybe there'll be 57 states in the fourth century? Is Obama trying to get the ™ on bullsh!t?

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
LOL...I see the lib's are worried now... comparing akorn's illegal activity to postings in a forum...too damn funny

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
**** It is illegal to try to change a persons vote by coercion. *****

Very true, FJE, and ACORN is well known for that tactic and more. Osama Obama is a long time supporter and organizer for ACORN.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If posts such as the one prompting this comment are to be considered illegal coercion, dJack and Dest have much to worry about... Fortunately (for them) I don't believe their ramblings rise to the level coercion contemplated by those laws...

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
Debjack:

So please explain what is not credible about Moseley-Braun's statement about the Confederate flag and the Civil War?

You make a charge, but you don't back it up. I agree very much with her statement about the Confederate flag and the Civil War and do not see how any could find it anything but credible....unless they are very, very "confused."

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 173   End
TOPIC: Casualties of the great SLS Civil War