Can someone with more knowledge than I have explain : Swingers Discussion 214167
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCan someone with more knowledge than I have explain
TOPIC: Can someone with more knowledge than I have explain
Created by: sweettart The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
ok,let me expaind something.as a farmer I want to make a profit.as much profit as I can.so if a product is selling high,I want to grow or produce that product to make a profit.so does every body else.I buy milk cattle to sell milk,dairy companys buy my milk.in the spring the dairy companys pay me less for my milk,because they say it is cheaper to produce in the summer.in the fall they raise the price because it cost more to feed in the winter.this being the factor,price of milk should fall in the spring and raise the fall.not so.in the summer they sell more ice cream for more profit.some states even have alotments of how much you can produce to keep prices high so you the cousumer are paying a higher price all the time.a good farmer will change his crops as prices change.but he will have a core crop or product that they use as a base.he my grow the same two or three years in a row or change as needed.heres the thing they have to think a year a head.if everybody grow the same thing prices go down,little profit is made.if few grow it a higher profit is made.when goverment interfers it throws everything off.the goverment brought dairy cattle and dumped then or the meat market in 94 and the beef market crashed and a lot of beef farmers took a big hit.it took ten years for beef to recover.it takes two years for beef to hit the market.it takes one year for grain to hit the market.it takes six months for pork.you are paying a higher price because the goverment has there hands in the mix.in the late 80s.the goverment made cheap loans to farmers,then called in those loans and cause a lot of farmers to go bankrupt.farming is not a cheap bussines.......BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
The profitable peices of GM would have been bought out of bankruptcy.

The GM union would not have survived without the government bailout.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
many posts claiming "they could not survive without the handouts/subsidies" which is true, but the fault lies with the government ever getting involved with these businesses in the first place...

this is similar to GM, wouldn't survive without government help???

anyway, if the natural cost of milk is $8 a gallon, then so be it... natural supply and demand will balance in the long run....

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(443 posts)
More federal handouts so you and your kids can afford dairy products. Image the costs restaurants would pass onto consumers for that price spike....

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(2103 posts)
"And the price would get so low that dairy farmers would go out of business and there would be no milk..."

Simply not true. Everything finds an equilibrium; it always does.

The equations just get compliticated by meddling.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
What a man, that 'Uncle Sam Houston', the robber oil baron spirit of manipulation that created an energy crisis in California by way of Houston and Alaska that confused Americans about the cause and effect of gasoline and heating oil prices for which the state of California was convinced to create a governor recall election that resulted in the election of the Governator.

How did the Governator solve the mystery of that complex oil market equation, and how did the people of California benefit?

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6981 posts)
Constant manipulations like this by our dear uncle sam are what put us in dire financial straights to begin with. They can't even balance their own budget, yet they want to run everyone else's.

Modesto CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
Nickelodeon has a thrill ride named 'Brain Surge' that activates more neurons in the human brain than the Republic-controlled House of Representatives demonstrated in the last two years regarding public policy and taxation.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6981 posts)
Oh, god forbid ACTUAL capitalism is practiced in this country!

Sugar could not survive without the subsidies it gets either....

Oil is also subsidized with the might of the military protecting the corporations on foreign lands.

If the REAL cost of these goods were actually allowed to return, without taxpayer subsidies, we would solve many problems. Who would buy milk? There goes massive causes for obesity and heart disease. Sugar? I bet water would become popular again...lol. Let the oil companies pay themselves for protection and expansion and you damn sure would have MANY alternatives in a New York Minute.

Corporate welfare is doing FAR more damage to this great country than food stamps EVER will. MAYBE one in 1000 people have the brain power to actually understand this.... Even fewer the time, inclination and resources to actually bring themselves to understanding.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3583 posts)
I'll admit i don't know everything in the Farm Bill, but I think there are some things that need to be looked at regarding farm subsidies.

I know people who purchased land from farmers who raised a specific crop at some point. The people who purchased the land get checks from the government to not plant a crop that they never intended to plant when they bought the land.

Specifically they bought parcels of land from farmers to build houses and have enough land to keep horses. Most of the land is being used as pasture land, and some is planted in alfalfa/clover for their horses, which they ride maybe once a month.

So, they get money to not plant something they never intended to plant under a program intended to keep the price of a crop higher for those who do plant it. Nice.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: Can someone with more knowledge than I have explain