Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Can Charlie Rangle Wrangle
TOPIC: Can_Charlie_Rangle_Wrangle
Created by: destinez
Original Starting post for this thread:
Now that the House Ethics Committee is looking into Charlie Rangel's mess, what are your thoughts? We he be able to wrangle out of the charges?

All things considered and the emotions flowing through both parties at this time, my vote is no, he can't.

Your thoughts?

1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 19
User Details are only visible to members.
Diffidently, I point out, it's not much of anything,other than an embarassment.And,it will certainly become more of one when the entire House votes. Still, I don't have any suggestions as an alternaive.

Bronson MI
Username hidden
(219 posts)
Yes, I agree Blue, but it's still better than a reprimand. Given the "mood" in the House and Senate, we'll see.....

Username hidden
(546 posts)
Here's an excerpt from an article on Politico, a few words from Charlie:

"Let me apologize to the committee for putting you in this awful position," Rangel told his 10 colleagues.

He repeatedly emphasized that whatever wrongdoing he had committed was not motivated by personal corruption.

"I don't know how much longer I have to live," Rangel said."I just want you when you decide on the sanctions that you put in that report that Charles Rangel never sought any personal gain."

Rangel added: "There is no excuse for my behavior, but there was no attempt to go beyond what was given to me as my salary. There was no attempted to enrich myself."

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.....

LMAO.....

Username hidden
(546 posts)
destinez Its probably more than a slap on the wrist but compared to what he should get its a slap on the wrist.

Vicksburg MS
Username hidden
(501 posts)
Yeah, like I said below, I figured it'd be #2. I'll have to study Censure before I say it's a slap on the wrist though. I believe there's a lot more to it than that. At least I hope so.

Username hidden
(546 posts)
I heard on the news last night that the ethics committee was going to recomend Censure. To me that just amounts down to a slap on the wrist.

Vicksburg MS
Username hidden
(501 posts)
If any of us would have failed to pay taxes for 17 years and got caught what would happen ? Once you answer that question then you will understand what should happen to the crying snake Rangle. Watch as the liberal arm of the District of Criminals will see to it that he only gets a slap on the wrist.

Navarre FL
Username hidden
(1420 posts)
You can bet your ass the race card will be the number one issue. That has been their (DEMS) hole card every time one of them gets into trouble,Which is often.

Mickey.

Maurice LA
Username hidden
(6209 posts)
This guy will probably get off with a slap on the hand. I haven't heard him play his race card yet but I.m sure he will if the commitee comes down on him to hard.

Vicksburg MS
Username hidden
(501 posts)
Good thoughts Hooseir. I believe Barry's going to have the same issues, i.e., he isn't going to know which side, front or back, he's going to have to cover to survive, he can't do both. And, I don't necessarily mean survive his political career.

Username hidden
(546 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 19
TOPIC: Can Charlie Rangle Wrangle
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.