CTD : Swingers Discussion 224670
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCTD
TOPIC: CTD
Created by: TheGhost_and_MrsMuir
Original Starting post for this thread:
In medical parlance CTD is appended to a medical chart for any patient that is terminal. It st stands for "circling the drain'. Harsh, but such is the practical ethos of or medical practitioners. Our great country is circling the drain. It's badly broken and in my opinion, and many others far smarter than I, is simply 'bleeding out' on the world stage. ANYONE that looks can see this, the question is; what are going to do about it?
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ghost:

We have had presidents who have systematically disbanded the justice system to remove judges they didn't like and then fill those slots with the judges they did like.

We have had over a hundred years of judges accepting and protecting the institution of slavery. (there was never a constitutional right to own another human being and thus every judge who ruled in favor of slave owners protected slavery and the corruption it brought)

We have had over 250 years of the justice system turning a blind eye to the damage industrial factories do to local communities and never clean up or allow the companies to go bankrupt and the investors to walk away with only the loss of their investments.

If you would like to talk about suppressing demonstrations? Look to the native Americans who refused to disband peacefully or give up their weapons peacefully... Their entire villages were wiped out. Man, woman and child.

So yes, if you want to compare how many more freedoms we have today, how many of these freedoms we have which are protected like never before, you need only open a history book. (hint, try a college history book, not the jr history books)

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
Robert,

You have an awful lot to learn about our history son....

You are factually and conceptually mistaken on all accounts.

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
Ghost:

Study the courts back when the US was formed, our courts are by far less corrupt.

As for check points for DUI? Your right to free movement isn't limited, your ability to drive when and where you want is and driving isn't a right, it is a privlage.

As for the right to assemble, vote and personal rights?

Assembly is limited to not shutting down the government or business. This has always been fact, protest which shut down the government have always been illegal. The police simply have midi gates the problem by surpressing unruly crowds.

Finally personal freedom ends when your freedom infringes another person. The voters in tx and elsewhere have voted to say that abortion is ending life. Fact is that the process of abortion terminates a life, some times it is necessary... Such as protecting the mothers life, preventing life long damage, and the good reasons fall off slippery slop from there.

Now do I argue that abortion ought be made illegal? No, not if the lights if human though are on, if the unborn may survive outside the body.

Now as our medical tech advances, the latest point for abortion ought be pushed back closer to conception, and we ought fund research into freeing all women from unwanted pregnancy by developing artifical womb tech.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
OK Robert, let's try this then: We've lost the 'perceived' rights we had even recently.

I ran into a 'sobriety check' this weekend. I refused to supply my ID or pull over for a 'standard check' (long story, but it was not belligerent, just exercised my right to free movement). This was a constitutionally illegal 'search'. They had no probable cause. One 'perceived' right we have lost.

Many of us are losing the right to vote freely. (Making it harder is 'losing', not lost)

Women have lost he right of 'security of one's person' with invasive abortion laws.

Citizens are losing (lost?) their right to peaceably assemble (attacks on occupy Wall St demonstrators)

Look around you son, your 'perceived' rights are disappearing slowly but surely...

And judging where we are NOW vs the time of the revolution? Disingenuous at best, no? Aren't you conveniently ignoring all the 'rights' they achieved in the time between those dates? Maybe an amendment to the constitution or two?

Bottom line: As long as we continue to consider ourselves 'exceptional', we will be anything but.... We are NOT exceptional, we are decidedly average or below. Period.

Please, prove this otherwise by ANY measurable positive metric (war making does not count)

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
Robert...If I can start a successful business in the middle of a recession, anyone can start a business, unless they lack the drive and ambition to do so. ANYONE can go to school in this day and age with virtually NO immediate out of pocket expense, allowances for daycare and transportation are available and if you have a PC, you have the time. If you are working 8 hours and not making ends meet, WTF are you not working 12 or 16? There are NO excuses for any white male Americans to be unemployed, underemployed or not to be training for a better job in 2013 here is a list of job openings and training programs in YOUR town...there are hundreds

regionalhelpwanted.c om/258/hazleton-pa-jobs

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3772 posts)
Excuse my derailment of the topic.

I find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with Robert. This country has always made a big deal about our de jure rights, and completely ignoring the de facto.

Our rights are not god given (I would say so even if I believed that god actually cared what happened here, or even that she existed), but given to us by an imperfect document from 220 some years ago.

And, of course, only certain people have rights. Blacks, Reds, and people with internal plumbing had no rights at the founding of the country. Actually, anyone without property could not vote, so really had no rights.

The conservatives have complained about the extension of rights to these groups, and pine for the "good ol' days" in which most of them would not be ble to attain their present position, and therefore not have the rights they now enjoy.

So, from this perspective, are we circling the drain? IMHO, we are about where we were at the adoption of the constitution. The difference is that we have substituted the groups without rights from mostly ascribed characteristics (gender, race) to mostly achieved characteristics (income). And there is certainly much overlap between the two groups. Just because we have a black president doesn't mean racism has gone away...

I don't know that one is better or worse than the other, but we have been around this long, so I imagine we will muddle along for another couple of hundreds years more...

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17265 posts)
Ghost:

First name a single right we have lost, because there aren't any lost rights. Every nation has always spied on its own people and with more impunity than what our own NSA spies on us with.

As for personal liberty, read your ISP contracts, read the yahoo email contract, read this sites end user agreement contract, read the end user agreement contracts for the OS you are using rgnt now.

We give away more personal information in 5 minutes of using any computer than the NSA is going to collect. More over the NSA doesn't care what you illegally download, if they started to release that information to the other agencies, the congress would shut the NSA down as their own privacy would be at risk.

In truth, the NSA is likely the only government agency with which you can trust.

As for the economy, that is our fault... But we are choosing no to fix the levees that keep our... Paradise as VA calls it (I have other choice words) from turning into Afghanistan.

Why? Because we all live in a illusion if wealth, that if we work hard enough, log enough, and suffer just enough... We can all prosper.

The peeks to the mountains of money have room for oh a few... And the road to these peeks are paced in the blood of those you kick off the mountian, the broken bones of those you knock down and the hate of those you step upon to reach the peek you want.

Sadly we won't be destroyed from without, we will destroy ourselves, it is after all, how every great nation dies.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
I find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with you. "We" (and by "we" I'm not referring to us here... I mean "your average guy on the street") are rarely interested in trying to really understand what's going on, or thinking about how to deal with the real problems. It's like fighting about what color we should paint the living room while the house is on fire.

I think the recent "gay marriage" SCOTUS decisions revealed this very plainly. Just look at the discussion most people are having about it - almost nobody has any idea about what actually happened, and what the implications are. They don't have any idea.

That all said, I don't think things are irrecoverable, although we'd likely disagree on what the best course of action is.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17672 posts)
Forgive my 'poetic license' on this. I was introduced to this term by a client is 92 years old. She worked in healthcare and used the term to describe herself (although she is as spry and active as an 80 year old!). I had to ask her what CTD meant.

Now, aside from semantics, I still think it accurately describes what is happening.

See, this is what happens in society at large: One faction sets their hair on fire and calls that statement 'treason', another 'prefers to look on the positive side' and so considers the job 'done' and on to other things! (it's not done and getting worse) and yet another stands there and nitpicking minutia. Fewer still but a growing number of others are saying 'but what about the REAL problem? " And so it goes.

We have lost our liberty, our basic freedoms, our Constitutional rights... And no one is really talking about THAT. Oh no. But we sure do have 24/7 Martin v. Zimmerman! Or Jodi Arias! And 'where's Waldo' Ed Snowden (who cares where he is, let's talk about what he REVEALED please).

So give the masses bread and circuses!

Yeah, both 'sides' are responsible sure. But it's US, the citizens of this country, who bear the blame (and shame) of not fixing this. Only when a plurality get off their asses and into the street/ballot box will this change for the better.

That and the dying off of old white America.... I'm not holding my breath.

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
Anyway - enough of that. So is the country "circling the drain"?

My answer is both "Yes" and "Not really".

Every society is always in peril. In order to NOT be "circling the drain", a society would need be absolutely safe from deterioration, and that's not possible. Every society is at risk from misguidance, and sometimes being a victim of their own success, which can breed laziness, complacency, and a complete lack of real perspective.

So imagine a huge swimming pool with a drain in the center. Around the edges is a lush tropical paradise. Mild maintanance will keep it from sliding towards the drain, but it'll always be somewhat at risk if they do nothing. Right at the edge of the drain is where real peril is.

We're somewhere along the continuum between the drain and the nearly safe edge. Where exactly I'm not sure, but I do not think at all we're even close to a point where we're going down and stopping it is not possible. We could get to that point, of course. But not yet.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17672 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
TOPIC: CTD