Bomb blasts at Boston Marathon : Swingers Discussion 2203831082
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBomb blasts at Boston Marathon
TOPIC: Bomb blasts at Boston Marathon
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   82 to 91 of 371   End
User Details are only visible to members.
OK I'd read that a few times now, M, and it confused me a little. I think I was looking for a different angle to what you were writing. I'm a little stunned that there are that many people who have not heard of Chechnya (or confused it with the Czech Republic), but I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. I thought most people had heard of the Beslan school incident, although maybe not everyone remembers that it was in Russia.

But I mean - how many idiots are we talking about here? Perhaps even a half dozen half-wits contacting the Czech embassy would be enough to prompt their ambassador to publicly moan about it.

As I pointed out recently, people have been largely oblivious of terrorist actions that go on in countries right next door, let alone around the world.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19437 posts)
Party:

"And social change happens through either violence, civil disobedience or social injunction"

Spoken like a hippy.

Social change brought by violence is unacceptable.

Social change brought by civil disobedience and social injunction require the people to know that there is something to disobey against and a reason to argue for a injunction to begin with. To do this, you must be enlightened enough to know something was wrong.

To me, any ban of fire arms is a social wrong, more so now that we have 3d printing tech and one may still obtain any and all the parts of a fire arm which a 3d printer cannot produce, without a red flag being raised.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7442 posts)
Robert...there is no "chance" anymore than there is coincidence. There are things in life you can be sure of Someday you will die Everyone has a game plan till they get punched in the face No one does anything about anything till someone gets a bloody nose And social change happens through either violence, civil disobedience or social injunction, not the enlightenment of the masses or appeasement of idiots

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
I propose if you can't find Chechnya on a map, you should STFU and not talk about it....

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
"Their self serving realities only makes them worse."

An excellent head-scratcher, Frank. Well done.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Citizen justice can be found within the blogosphere. Today, the oldest of the two Chechneyan Bombers is dead and the youngest is receiving life-saving medical care under arrest and with armed guards.

Police weren’t the only ones hunting bombing suspect Dzokhar Tsarnaev Friday afternoon. A hacker claiming to be affiliated with the group Anonymous targeted Tsarmaev while he was still on the run and released a file Friday afternoon that purportedly contained Tsarnaev’s personal information gleaned from the website of his school, UMass Dartmouth.

The hacker, who did not identify him- or herself with a name or digital nom de guerre, posted a file entitled “Terrorist user details, hacked by anonymous!” on the anonymous text-sharing site Pastebin. Included in the file were email addresses and a cellphone number identified as belonging to Tsarnaev. The cellphone number was the same one TPM saw on other sites linked to Tsarnaev.

In addition to his contact information, the file included links to screengrabs that seemed to show his personal pages on the UMass Dartmouth site where the information was supposedly taken from. These pictures displayed a class history for Tsarnaev that matches much of the description of his academic activity that was reported by the New York Times. It showed he had registered for a courseload that included introductory psychology, chemistry, and politics classes.

The hacker added an all-caps message to Tsarnaev, who had not yet been apprehended by authorities when the files were placed online.

“EVERYTHING WILL BE HACKED and I WILL SEND EVERYTHING TO THE POLICE TOO FUCK YOU IF YOU READING THIS SHIT U TERRORIST SCUMBAG,” they wrote.

At the end of the file, there was a sign off referencing several hacking icons including the well-known hacker groups Defonic Team Screen Name Club and Lulzsec, the hacker news site 2600, Anonymous, and the deceased internet activist Aaron Swartz.

[Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of man? Anonymous knows. So does The Shadow].

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6981 posts)
But on the bright side in those countries there is strict gun control...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19319 posts)
AP:

Militants from Chechnya and other restive regions in the volatile North Caucasus have targeted Moscow and other areas with bombings and hostage-takings, but the allegations of involvement in the Boston Marathon explosions would mark the first time they had conducted a terror attack in the U.S.

The conflict in Chechnya began in 1994 as a separatist war, but quickly morphed into an Islamic insurgency whose adepts vow to carve out an independent Islamic state in the Caucasus.

Russian troops withdrew from Chechnya in 1996 after the first Chechen war, leaving it de-facto independent and largely lawless, but then rolled back three years later following apartment building explosions in Moscow and other cities blamed on the rebels.

Chechnya has stabilized under the steely grip of Kremlin-backed local strongman Ramzan Kadyrov, a former rebel whose forces were accused of massive rights abuses. But the Islamic insurgency has spread to neighboring provinces, with Dagestan, sandwiched between Chechnya and the Caspian Sea, becoming the epicenter of violence with militants launching daily attacks against police and other authorities.

Militants from Chechnya and neighboring provinces have launched a long series of terror attacks in Russia, including a 2002 hostage-taking raid in Moscow's theater, in which 129 hostages died, a 2004 hostage-taking in a school in the southern city of Beslan that killed more than 330 people, and numerous bombings in Moscow and other cities.

In recent years, however, militants in Chechnya, Dagestan and other neighboring provinces have largely refrained from attacks outside the Caucasus.

The allegations of the Caucasus men's role in the Boston's explosions would reinforce long-held claims by Russian officials that insurgents in the Caucasus have been linked to al-Qaida.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16455 posts)
Just to solve your confusion, Rdy.

Russian President Vladimir Putin did not immediately respond to the latest developments. But he offered to help the U.S. investigate the Boston bombings shortly after they occurred, and on Thursday, he called the attacks, “disgusting.”

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16455 posts)
Sedu:

People still think Iran is between Afghanistan and china... We've been in Afghanistan for 11 years.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7442 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   82 to 91 of 371   End
TOPIC: Bomb blasts at Boston Marathon