Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Bomb blasts at Boston Marathon
TOPIC: Bomb blasts at Boston Marathon
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 371   End
User Details are only visible to members.
So how many people have to die before it's considered a WMD?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
The Code defines WMD as several things, including a "destructive device" which in turn is defined as:

(4) The term “destructive device” means— (A) any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas— (i) bomb, (ii) grenade, (iii) rocket having a propellant charge of more than four ounces, (iv) missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce, (v) mine, or (vi) device similar to any of the devices described in the preceding clauses;

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
A Fully auto AK with a 20 round clip could be considered a wmd?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Well I don't know how federal law defines a "weapon of mass destruction", but if a pressure cooker with nails in it counts, we're going to have to start calling a lot of things WMDs....

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20535 posts)
Treason does not fit for Boston. How ever Murder does. And using a weapon of mass distuction does not fit. There needs to be and I assume there will be something else to allow Feds to charge him with. WMD can be beaten by a good Lawyer.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
The Fort Hood shooter is an entirely different matter insofar as his targets were agents of the US government, and not by chance.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20535 posts)
The Ft. Hood Shooter should be charged with treason. The perfect example of Treason yet no such charge has been mentioned. And he should have been executed by now. Summery Courts Martial would have been over by now and the punishment would have been carried out already.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Maybe they could use this charge if they can prove a connection to outside groups. I am not sure if that would even fly. I agree with you the WMD is a little bit of a reach.I think he deserves the death sentence myself, but as you say VaB he needs to be charged right. If they are going to use a charge that really does not apply it would have been better just to send him to Gitmo.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"Federal prosecutors say they are expected to file formal criminal charges, possibly today, against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev that could lead to the death penalty, a decision being left to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder. Tsarnaev could possibly be slapped with a "weapon of mass destruction" charge, which carries a penalty of death."

'Weapon of mass destruction'? Really? An artillery shell could hurt more people yet we don't think of it as a 'weapon of mass destruction'. Isn't 'premeditated murder' sufficient to bring about a death penalty? Isn't this a reach?

Maybe this is the only thing that he could be charged with that might lead to the death penalty, since murder charges would probably come from the state of Massachusetts which has no death penalty. If the people of Massachusetts want people like him to be executed for this, then they need to revisit their own thoughts on capital punishment - *after* they are finished being angry with him specifically.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20535 posts)
I made a thread about that already. Z chimed in, but of course I can't read it.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20535 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 371   End
TOPIC: Bomb blasts at Boston Marathon