Bomb blasts at Boston Marathon : Swingers Discussion 2203831031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBomb blasts at Boston Marathon
TOPIC: Bomb blasts at Boston Marathon
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 371   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The new phone we got for our home/office has a feature which calls out the name of the caller as it appears in the call display. I've been too lazy to figure out how to disable it. It is amusing - it pronounces almost everything wrong - even common words - and with strange enunciation patterns.

If the call display says "JONES STEVE WASHINGTO DC" it says it like this:

"Call from: JONESteve wahSHINGtoe dick"

It's a laugh every time a call comes in.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19795 posts)
Yeah, well sometimes I've been bored in the bar, and the game isn't all that good, and the captions make pretty good entertainment.

Apparently a sportscaster reads the names of players and punches in their spelled-out names, before a game. No other way would a computer spell most names correctly. And no one did this with the suddenly-a-household-name fugitive bomber.

But the lesson may be : Parents, beware of giving your kids unusual first names; especially if you already have an unusual last name.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I'd just like to throw this out now, because I know someone will. I'll go on the record with my opinion: This is a non-story. I don't care. It's not relevant to me. Boring.

Marathon bombings mastermind Tamerlan Tsarnaev was living on taxpayer-funded state welfare benefits even as he was delving deep into the world of radical anti-American Islamism, the Herald has learned.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19795 posts)
These computerized closed captions make tons of mistakes. I see them on TVs I can't hear in bars all the time, and the nonsense I am reading is ridiculous. If you can't do it right, it's better not to do it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19795 posts)
Saw that the other day. I found that quite funny!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
Oops.

People watching live coverage of Friday's manhunt in Boston on Dallas-Fort Worth's Fox affiliate with the sound off may have been startled when the network's closed-captioning identified actress Zooey Deschanel as the marathon bombing suspect.

"He is 19-year-old Zooey Deschanel," a caption shown on the local network read as police and FBI agents searched homes in Watertown, Mass., for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

"Oh come on," Peter Ogburn, a radio producer, wrote on Twitter, linking to a screengrab of the flub.

The "New Girl" star was alerted to the mixup through Twitter by fellow actor Joel McHale.

"Whoa!" Deschanel wrote. "Epic closed captioning FAIL!"

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19795 posts)
Party:

We live in the 21st century, not the 18th. We have ensured our freedom to elect our leaders, we have established check and balances which can only be undone by the electorate voting into office bad leaders and said leaders aren't able to appoint enough judges to assume power on their own, rather this would be a generational process... Which would require multiple elections of bad leaders.

At such a point in time, you ought blame yourself for the world you live in, your failure to elect good leaders, based upon the ideals which you hold true to.

For me, that would be electing leaders who will protect the people, forigene and domestic threats.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
"Social change brought on by Violence is unacceptable" Really Robert...Glad you weren't a land owner in the British colonies in the latter part of the 18th century Your good buddies in Tel Aviv would be surprised to hear that as well

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Actually, when used in the correct context, "feudalism" accurately describes the inevitable outcome of a variety of real world modern day hypothetical scenarios. It is for example, the inevitable outcome of a society that would ever attempt an experiment in fundamental Libertarianism.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Actually I did error. Min. Wage was raised in 2007 July. What followed was a cry for Unions to ask for their fair share of the increase causing a ripple effect on the Job Market. Unemployment increased to 6.9 percent by Fall of 2007 and by sept. 2008 a full blown recession was declared. Federal Min. wage went from 5.15 to 7.25 per hour. So yes the increase happened almost 1 year prior to the Unemployment rate and the market to respond.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 371   End
TOPIC: Bomb blasts at Boston Marathon