Bloomberg is concerned that private jet owners are clogging up homeless shelters : Swingers Discussion 2184371011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBloomberg is concerned that private jet owners are clogging up homeless shelters
TOPIC: Bloomberg is concerned that private jet owners are clogging up homeless shelters
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 23   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"That would of course inflame the right wing professional whiners, about how he spends his time or whatever." May I point out: Robert is not right wing anything.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
It's a bit like Rand Paul questioning whether a President would order a drone strike against a misbehaving American in a crowded restaurant.

The answer to that is that no drone strike will be ordered in any restaurant in America, crowded or not.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Fair enough, although those who are not truly in need but are basically "crashing" there I would think would not likely be the jet setting crowd. Probably more like college kids, someone who had a fight with their wife and left for the night, or the like. Not people exactly in need, but also not quite the people he's railing against.

I don't think we need to pass laws to cover any conceivable scenario that probably hasn't ever even happened, especially since the consequences of one billionaire crashing for one night at a homeless shelter aren't exactly catastrophic.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19437 posts)
Sometimes one makes the argument that even in the most extremely unlikely scenario, the law covers it. Mayor probably assumes his listeners will logically think every scenario is covered, from the norm to that extreme. I would tend to think the same way.

He could spend some time identifying the less destitute, poverty line, lower middle, middle middle, upper middle, lower upper class, etc., etc. That would of course inflame the right wing professional whiners, about how he spends his time or whatever.

It may be that some shelters are overfilled, and the truly neediest are not able to get in. And without proof that the occupants are truly homeless, someone has asked whether it can be fixed.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
No, I mean why Bloomberg felt the need to rail against rich people potentially hanging out in homeless shelter.

I'm not suggesting this is some kind of big deal - it just struck me as so bizarre.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19437 posts)
" I just wonder why on Earth it's come up..."

Has anyone brought it up other than right wing bloggers, without context, just to "complain" some more about nothing?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I will agree that Bloomberg is a twenty on the zero to ten scale. ten being far left.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7442 posts)
I guess.... I just wonder why on Earth it's come up.

I'm sure the same "private jet" owner in his "private limousine" (as opposed to what - public limousines?) could probably drop in to a nasty free methadone clinic or STD center or soup kitchen, but why the fuck would he do so?

Do we need to pass laws to stop billionaires from sleeping in public shelters?

Why the repeated use of the word private? Most businessmen take "public" jets and "public" taxis to where they are going. They also shouldn't (and won't be) staying in homeless shelters.

This guy is irritating the fuck out of me. He was musing yesterday about mandating gym memberships to NYC citizens. Seriously! He then lamented that this was "probably" going too far.

Good GOD this guy wants to micromanage every little aspect of everyone's life. Asshole.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19437 posts)
What it looks like to me is that no one in NY is required to prove that they are in need of housing, or poor, or destitute. They just say they need a place to stay, and they are allowed to stay in the shelter.

Without any context whatsoever, we can't possibly know what this relates to.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Right... so what the hell is he talking about? He's acting like we have a crisis because something *could* happen, but almost certainly isn't? Don't we have *real* problems to deal with?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19437 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 23   End
TOPIC: Bloomberg is concerned that private jet owners are clogging up homeless shelters