Bloomberg is concerned that private jet owners are clogging up homeless shelters : Swingers Discussion 218437
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBloomberg is concerned that private jet owners are clogging up homeless shelters
TOPIC: Bloomberg is concerned that private jet owners are clogging up homeless shelters
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
The question in the back of my mind is - do we have any evidence to suggest this is actually happening?? -------- New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg expressed concern that private jet owners could clog up the city's homeless shelters.

“You can arrive in your private jet at Kennedy Airport, take a private limousine and go straight to the shelter system, walk in the door, and we’ve got to give you shelter,” Bloomberg said, speaking on the radio.

“That’s what the law is. I didn’t write the law,” Bloomberg added.

The New York Post claims he was referring to a law related to homeless shelters signed by Ed Koch. "He was referring to a decree signed by Mayor Ed Koch 30 years ago that gives free shelter to anyone who says they need it," reports the Post.

"Bloomberg’s comments came the week that an advocacy group for the homeless released a report saying the city’s homeless population surged in the past year."

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm sorry that I posted it here, I was in a rush, and couldn't look for the thread where we discussed it previously. I hope that you don't mind.

While I realize that Bloomberg's intentions are good. I am astounded that an intelligent man like Bloomberg would go this route.

If he truly wishes to make a positive change, would it not stand to reason that if people in his city are continuing to grow fatter at an epidemic rate, that he should invest in educating them better? Yes, educational programs are out there, and they do reach the people. But obviously they are not working as he feels that they should. So instead of banning sugary drinks, why not invest the monies that went into this effort, into revamping the health education? Just think, how much money went into this stupidity, and now, the appeal. Countless hours of payroll, countless hours of campaigning, countless pay to attorneys to write it up, to present it. Why not invest into figuring out how to educate the people, instead of passing an idiotic law?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16437 posts)
LOL take THAT you fuckin' fascist!

Way to leave it until the last minute though, Mr. Judge......

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
(Reuters) - New York City's plan to ban large sugary drinks from restaurants, movie theaters and other establishments was invalidated by a judge on Monday, the day before the new law was to take effect.

State Supreme Court Justice Milton Tingling in Manhattan called the regulation "arbitrary and capricious" and declared it invalid after the American Beverage Association and other business groups had sued the city challenging the ban.

The decision was a blow to Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who had touted the ban as a way to address what he has termed an obesity "epidemic." Beverage manufacturers and business groups had called the law an illegal overreach that would infringe upon consumers' personal liberty.

"We plan to appeal the decision as soon as possible, and we are confident the Board of Health's decision will ultimately be upheld," Michael Cardozo, the city's chief lawyer, said in a statement.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16437 posts)
Vacp:

"Robert in my world you give respect you get respect."

Paying a man minimum wage isn't giving respect, so after 2 years, you lose all respect.

"You give nothing to this country."

If I give nothing to this country, it is because you support the idea that the wealthy ought not pay a fair wage for work, ought not be taxed to pay for the education systems which are underfunded and thus fail to educate the public.

My failing is the result of your greed and protection of wealthy men who feel that they are entitled to exploit your countrymen in the name of freedom. You are why there is so much poverty and you are why this nation can't afford to pay its bills.

"If it is so bad move down south of the border they have plenty of places to live.Or move up to Canada."

No, I am a citizen of this nation and I will stand my ground against your corruption and greed, your wanted destruction of that which can once more lead this world to prosperity.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7425 posts)
Robert in my world you give respect you get respect. You give nothing to this country. If it is so bad move down south of the border they have plenty of places to live.Or move up to Canada.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Mark:

The only reason you think I contribute nothing is that you like exploiting people, while I demand that you treat people as people and not property.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7425 posts)
You understand nothing. All you have is excuses and contribute nothing to any discussion. Nothing. Period.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Why? Because I am not right or left wing?

Political debates aren't always about winning and loosing, but understanding.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7425 posts)
You are a waist of time.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Mark:

Why forth does thou speaker of theyself?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7425 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
TOPIC: Bloomberg is concerned that private jet owners are clogging up homeless shelters