Bloomberg is at it AGAIN : Swingers Discussion 2207551032
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBloomberg is at it AGAIN
TOPIC: Bloomberg is at it AGAIN
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   32 to 41 of 93   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Studies by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show breastfed children are less likely to become obese. “A baby’s risk of becoming an overweight child goes down with each month of breastfeeding... For women who intend to breastfeed, the hospital experience is critical.”

One major factor: A newborn is more likely to take to breastfeeding if the baby stays in the hospital room with the mother, rather than in a remote nursery. West Kendall Baptist, which opened last year, has designed its birthing center rooms so there is space for mother and child.

The International Formula Council, which speaks for the $8 billion industry, has a policy statement on its website that says there’s nothing nefarious about the gift bags, which have been given away for 40 years by formula manufacturers, who include not only free formula, but also items such as “bottles of water, nipples, educational materials, infant vitamins and lotions for mothers’ use.”

The council says breastfeeding is “the ideal” but adds that “mothers should be trusted to make the best choices for their babies according to their life circumstances and the needs of their families.”

The council was responding to repeated criticism of the gift bags, including one major onslaught in March when Public Citizen, a Washington consumer advocacy group, sent letters to 2,600 hospitals urging them to stop the formula gift bags.

“Multiple studies have shown that women who receive commercial hospital discharge packs stop breastfeeding sooner than those who do not,” the Public Citizen letter said. While hospitals endorse breastfeeding, “research shows that bag distribution sends a message more powerful than any verbal messages. New mothers who at first experience difficulty breastfeeding are apt to choose to use free formula samples... instead of seeking out assistance with breastfeeding.”

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
VA:

I will say that breastfeeding is better than man made formula's. At least this would hold true in the 1980s. My sisters would bring home one sickness after another... I wouldn't get sick or if I did, it would be only a few hours to a day while my sisters would be running 105 F fevers and or in the hospital.

That said, there are many reasons why women don't breast feed, but when they can do so, they ought to.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7695 posts)
A person should not have to be told to at least consider breastfeeding; to give their kids something other than 32 oz of Pepsi for breakfast; to not smoke in the car with their kids; and etc.

However, some people are just this dumb. And it ruins their kids' health for their entire lives; and someone has to pay for the health costs.

There are laws that protect people from other people; and there are laws that protect people from themselves: seatbelts, motorcycle helmets, smoking and drinking by minors, drugs, etc.

In this case, NYC hospital personnel are not allowed to promote infant formula, nor to give it to newborns without the parent's permission, and for sound medical reason. Breastfeeding is generally better. Stupid people may disagree.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I think they've limited boob sizes to C cup too.

You can always go for seconds....

And yes, literally putting baby formula under lock and key.

Doesn't this guy have anything better to do than to try to micromanage everyone's life?

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20219 posts)
"... keeping baby formula under lock and key ..."

No kidding? Not just limiting size of the container, but actually removing it from store shelves?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
The Bloomberg administration has been a very active promoter of breastfeeding, launching Latch On NYC last year and keeping baby formula under lock and key to try to encourage moms to exclusively breastfeed at first. Now comes the next phase of their initiative: the city is looking to hire someone to encourage breastfeeding in parts of Brooklyn. Annual salary: $73,000.

The program will focus on areas in Bedford-Stuyvesant and Brownsville to “encourage and support” suckling. The initiative seems to be focusing on education and outreach to low-income households; the job will include home visits, consultations, and community mobilization, with a particular focus on “male involvement in breast-feeding.”

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20219 posts)
I was insulted once.but that rabbit wasn't all that smart.mmmmm rabbit stew ...........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
you can not insult someone who refuses to be insulted.the insulter is trying to get the upper hand.if you refuse to be insulted,then he can not be on a level higher then you.a verble insult is just blowing air across thier teeth.written insult they are hidding behind words.in person they are trying to involk you in to doing something.ingore them and they are POWERLESS.a little bit of truths that mean noting to some people,but the world to others........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
thier are two groups in this world, those that I fuck with,and those that I just fuck with......what group are you,do you know.hey FUN how are you doing.any pootan that is stp for me.sure could use some.I want to get my rocks off and roll then down the hill..lol........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Wouldn't it be funny if some dipshits got called out on being frauds and bullies and worse yet, defended someone MORE guilty of the insidious crime of bad punctuation and grammar than those they bullied in the first place? Nahhh...even the orange Cheetos dust-Dr Pepper Crew would be smart enough not to do that to themselves.. oh wait...

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   32 to 41 of 93   End
TOPIC: Bloomberg is at it AGAIN