Blind Loyalty to Bad Leadership is NOT Patrotism : Swingers Discussion 758161051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBlind Loyalty to Bad Leadership is NOT Patrotism
TOPIC: Blind Loyalty to Bad Leadership is NOT Patrotism
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 144   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If we had conscription write now there'd be a lot of officers getting fragged, just like Nam.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"ya, so what's your point? I didn't serve and you know why. Now you have a problem with mandatory service? Or do you have a problem with people, like me who believe that everyone should serve? "

Yes, I have a problem with people speaking out of their asses about conscription. You don't know a damned bit about what it's like to serve, and you ought to disclose that when you start popping off about what you'd like everyone else to be compelled to do in your stead.

That aside, my personal opinion on the subject is that the military should be gradually scaled back and eventually done away with, right before we rid ourselves of the shackles of government in general.

As far as conscription goes, I served for ten years and we had enough assholes in the service already. One reason I got out.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Debjack50,

When did I ever post about hating lifers & quiting because of it? As far as I am concerned everyone should serve if they are able to. I do think it is hipporcritcal for ANY POLTICIAN regardless of party, left or right. To push for a war with out ever being in the service. I am sorry but GWB ducked service, Chenney never served, Rummy never served but did screw up the Pentagon on 2 ocassions. At least Kerry & Gore went to Vietnam. Yes Clinton ducked the war so did many otheres.

One of my points is Name a war in which we were never aske to sacrafice either by rations, paying higher taxes, or a lend lease act? GW Bush wants us to fight a way with out paying the price for fighting a war that is just down right irresponsible. Fine send 50-200 billion to Iraq but pay for it now either but cutting the Goverment or raise taxes but do not leave it for my daughter to pay for it.

Elkridge MD

Username hidden
(479 posts)
Sensuous,

I do agree that that the youth of China are far more progressive yet the leaders are still behind as far as human rights, Twiawan, and trade. Have you watched Lou Dobbs : The Chinal threat? He raises a lot of questions that our "leaders" of both parties do not answer.

Elkridge MD

Username hidden
(479 posts)
Even thoug hwe rarely agree I have to agree with Perfect on this one. Everyone who is able to serve should serve at least 3 years. Give them a choice either 3 years before college or 3 years after college. That a way by going to college one can't duck service. I know how I was when I was 17 and I think for me 3 years in the service would have done me a lot of good. I did try to get into the service but since I have a severe bilateral hearin loss I am not physically able to serve.

Elkridge MD

Username hidden
(479 posts)
"I think we should go to a system like Israel and Switzerland: Everybody serves in the military. "

This from someone who has never served a day in the armed forces.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
I actually do not view China as a threat, internally they are going through many positive changes that demonstrate, at least to me, that they are willing to slowly move away from a suppressive communist government to one that is accepting change and more openness. The old beliefs are dying off even within the government and the youth, who are moving into government positions, are embracing more openness and freedoms.

The country is moving towards a more open society, as free enterprise, capitalism and economic growth has directly impacted on their overall government. It is a fascinating country to visit and I highly recommend it as a potential vacation spot.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Does anyone worry about China increasing their military? I heard on Lou Dobbs that China has about 4 million men/women in their armed forces. Plus they are being more agressive on both a political & ecconomic fronts.

Now that we are boged down in both Iraq & Afghanistan and have few reserves should we reimplment the draft or wait till we are in a war with either China or Korea?

For all of G.B. Bush's saying that we are in the war of our century are his daughters joining the military after they are done with school? How about our Vice President family? Oh wait Dick Chenney has never even served in the military. That is one of the problems we have right now our leaders are not setting the example for us as a country.

Elkridge MD

Username hidden
(479 posts)
Normally I would add an insult after that but......well I just feel to damn sorry for him.......

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Ooo weee E-7! Chief *Petty* Officer!

The keyword here is *petty*

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 144   End
TOPIC: Blind Loyalty to Bad Leadership is NOT Patrotism