Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Black and Republican can that be
TOPIC: Black_and_Republican_can_that_be_
Created by: sa_interracialcpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
Borrowed: As residual excitement from the second inauguration of President Barack Obama continues to flow through Black America, or rather the 95 percent who voted for him in the 2012 election, there are a growing number of Black conservatives quietly strategizing on the most effective methods to broaden a political conversation that hasn’t included the Republican Party since President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 into law. In 2013, sharp remnants of a malignant plantation culture – one defined by a rigid racial caste system — still remain, but it is more subversive. Violence is embedded in public policy that places more value on gun ownership than universal healthcare. The great educational divide is perpetuated by tattered textbooks and dilapidated schools. And we need look no further than the Prison Industrial Complex to see modern-day plantations — and our judicial system to see the auction blocks.

Though Democrats continue to vilify Republicans for their allegiance to a system forged in White supremacy that leaves many Black and Brown citizens living The American Nightmare, there is a new breed of conservative that is both empathetic to entrenched cultural biases and wary of political motivation. For these Republicans, the liberal contention that government is needed to balance the scales of injustice and inequality is a myth. They passionately believe that self-reliance and community empowerment have always, and will continue to be the keys to success in this country.

Black voters who identify as Republican are often referred to as sell-outs, tokens, Sambos and the mis-appropriated Uncle Tom for their belief in small government that favors the wealthy; yet with Black unemployment and incarceration rates sky-high, health and educational disparities, and the ever-looming police brutality continuing to go unaddressed, the narrative has shifted and become more nuanced, with these Black Republicans asking, “What have Democrats done for you lately?”

Interested in hearing from everyone, especially if you're a minority, regardless what stance you take..

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »
1 to 10 of 76
User Details are only visible to members.
No one eliminated the NASA program...do some research please

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
Why should the guv give money to NASA ? I thought conservatives wanted small guv? I thought they wanted the guv to provide only the absolute necessities ?

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(451 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
PP, you didn't hear that the Democratic Office eliminated the NASA program? They stole that money for NASA to give in Welfare and company and home loan bail outs.

Milwaukee WI
Username hidden
(575 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
I don't think its what the Dems have done lately. It's more likely more of the same since the 60's when the Southern Strategy was formulated by the Republican party. The Republican party has successfully accomplished that goal. Not much has changed.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12328 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
"had heard little or nothing about Govt censorship of science" Like I said, are funded by for Cato, The Oil industry, the Heritage foundation, or work for a Christian or Catholic college

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
"The Barney Fife of the Hypocrisy Police.

Says Gomer Pyle.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18745 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
"As of 2009, 77% of scientists polled believed that the Bush administration had repressed scientific findings that ran counter to administration leanings. ....and the other 23% are fully funded by grants from the Cato Institute "

No, 14% of respondents had heard little or nothing about Govt censorship of science. Of the other 86%, (77/86 =) 90% were in agreement that the Bush administration was censoring work, 7% disagreed, 3% not sure.

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
"Just call me the junior deputy of the Hypocrisy Police."

The Barney Fife of the Hypocrisy Police.

Somehow fitting...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20608 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
As of 2009, 77% of scientists polled believed that the Bush administration had repressed scientific findings that ran counter to administration leanings. ....and the other 23% are fully funded by grants from the Cato Institute

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
people-press.o rg/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

As of 2009, 77% of scientists polled believed that the Bush administration had repressed scientific findings that ran counter to administration leanings.

71% believed Bush was the worst in this regard.

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »
1 to 10 of 76
TOPIC: Black and Republican can that be
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
 
Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.