Billary and Benghazi : Swingers Discussion 2157721051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBillary and Benghazi
TOPIC: Billary and Benghazi
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   51 to 60 of 82   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Referring to the Vietnam War, the first war that America entered and didn't win in any sense. Many of us thought America had learned its lesson about entering wars in which we had no direct stake. Alarmists had warned of the "domino effect" in which one country after another falls to Communism.

Well, the theory was wrong and the lesson was soon forgotten. Bush Sr kicked ass in Iraq and did not invade. The war hawks struggled with this semi-victory for some years, and then Bush Jr went for the whole tamale.

We saw Saddam's head roll, but then we got to deal with the murderous crossfire of that long suppressed culture. Obama has been ending the wars that Bush started. This is a fact. Casualties continue, at a greatly reduced rate.

Recognize when things are getting better -- it's part of learning how to not make them worse.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Coma:

I will be the first to attest to the foolishness of both Korea and Vietnam. Neither should have been started, and if so started, ought to be micro managed... By anyone. War ought to be hell and those we send to fight said war ought to be as free as the god of death to despence unrestricted death across the entire battle field.

Said battle fields ought to be considered any place a hostile resides, obtains supplies or intel, or otherwise supports in anyway said enemy our soldiers are sent to kill. If that ends with the extermination of an entire people, then I commend their people for choosing suicide as a people over defeat and respect their will to be free from our control.... By allowing those fighting on my behalf to experdite their eviction from the realm of the living.

As for reality... Sadly we as a western civilization, refuse to see war as something that ought to be the most terrorfying concept ever to exist. Both sides for one reason or another are so guilty.

As this is our reality, we must remember that we are dealing with civilians in war zones and civilians have their right to protest... Even against us.

As violent protest are the norm, it is fully understandable for the white house to assume until proven differently, that this was just another violent protest... It wasn't.

The job of being a diplomat isn't a safe one... That is why he had guards. These guards were few in number for many reasons, namely supply. The more forces we must supply, the bigger the supply convoys. The bigger the convoys, the easier they are to shoot.

As with all embassy's, the embassy guards aren't storm troopers, they can't just shoot who ever they please (as much as I would give them that power) they must obey ROEs set forth by our government... And the local government.

If the convoy is attacked, than that becomes the local governments job to respond... Even if Americans are in harms way. (welcome to being in another nation... Another's home.) we would do the same thing. We wouldn't allow Russian troops to attack looters who attacked a Russian supply convoy heading to the Russian embassy, now would we?

The question of why the attack happened is more important than giving to you or I timely updates about the event... They (our government) don't have time for spectators... And yes, while the event is playing out, that is what you, the congress and I are. Spectators at a game.

The congress can review how the game was played, bitch about mistakes made, but they ought not expect minute by minute reports. To do so is to tie up resources and do the very thing that got 58,000 soldiers killed in Vietnam.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7589 posts)
comanch, that would have been quite a while ago. Notice my use of the present tense, indicating that I was referring to recent times.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I spent two years fighting a war and watching friends die (58,000+ that are going to be 18-19 forever) that dems started and then tried to micro-manage so don't start that shit with me boy cause you don't have a damn clue what the hell you are talking about.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(323 posts)
* ponder why Geedubya sent 2000 Americans to their death looking for imaginary WMD's, Why Condi Rice lied to the 911 commission under oath, and why Reagan left marines in Beirut unarmed and 217 of them were killed. "

"What does it matter at this point?"

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16829 posts)
As usual, the Repubs don't seem to have any interest in moving forward, when they can just bring things to a halt and scream at the country's leadership. They don't offer anything constructive, as usual.

The only thing Repubs do "well" is start wars that they don't know how to end, nor remember why they were started. Then they screech for months about 4 who died in a remote outpost whose security funding was gutted by -- you guessed it -- Repubs in Congress.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
It makes a difference becasue this lying slug and the street thug in the Whitehouse have lied and danced around this from the get go. They are as corrupt as any two politicians have ever been. Don't start with the WMD bs either, Bush relied on intel from the CIA, etc. and Owe-bama and Billary have used the same lame excuse.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(323 posts)
Ummm...just a suggestion to my dear republican friends, Hillary ate the republicans lunch on this issue during the hearings, told McCain to get his facts straight, laughed in Rand Paul's face, and made Ron Johnson cry...and the polls show Americans LOVED IT in close to the 70 percentile. You may want to let this one go...and instead ponder why Geedubya sent 2000 Americans to their death looking for imaginary WMD's, Why Condi Rice lied to the 911 commission under oath, and why Reagan left marines in Beirut unarmed and 217 of them were killed.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
P. 2) Yes, we are. And we will stay on this until everyone stops the runaround and gives us some answers. Why should we get to the bottom of the cover-up? How about, if for no other reason, because we, the American people, have demanded answers? She is accountable to us, so let’s just pretend for a moment that she is obliged to divulge information on who screwed up and who actively lied to the American people when we began wondering just what the hell happened. Seriously, this isn’t a conversation with your teenage daughter over who put the dent in the car; it’s about a terrorist attack. What was it that they said about Watergate? – “It’s not just the crime, it’s the cover-up.” Likewise, as tragic as the screw-ups that got our citizens killed were, the biggest slap in the face is the complete stonewalling and “spin-machine” that sprang to life before the gun smoke had cleared. It was a slap in the face to the American public; but more importantly, it was a slap in the face to those that were left to be RPG-fodder for terrorists, those whose pleas for increased security fell on deaf, incompetent ears. What difference does it make? I’m willing to bet it makes a huge difference to the families of those killed in Benghazi. Apply this same level of arrogance to us lowly commoners: Imagine if a drunk driver killed somebody, panicked, then fled the scene and tried to conceal the evidence. When they’re arrested, they say, “Okay, mistakes were made. But the person is dead now and nailing me for leaving the scene isn’t going to bring him back. So, at this point, what difference does it make what I did after I hit him?” Would the police just drop it? No. And that’s exactly why we shouldn’t either. We need the whole story. Rusty Humphries

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
P. 1 of 2) Yesterday, the outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, after dodging questions about her involvement in the infuriating and tragic loss of life in Benghazi over four months ago, finally sat down to defensively answer questions from government officials who have every right to pursue answers as to just what the heck happened. Clinton’s snotty and flippant answers provided no real unveilings or explanations as to just how our State Department could fail on such an enormous level. And while her “it’s everyone else’s fault but mine” act got old pretty quick, Clinton was kind enough to hinder any future political aspirations she might have by uttering the most brazenly stupid and callous thing heard since Marie Antoinette cried, “Let them eat cake!” As many have by now heard, when questioned on the absurd story the Obama Administration and the State Department pushed on to the American people- that the “spontaneous protest” was the result of a YouTube video- Clinton uttered the soon-to-be-famous line, “What difference at this point does it make?” She said, “With all due respect, the fact is we have four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they’d go kill some Americans, what difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator.” “What difference does it make”? Seriously? This is the head of our State Department? Our diplomat gets murdered, three others die at the hands of Islamic terrorists on September 11th, the Obama Administration goes into damage-control-mode and spins a lame story about how it’s not their fault, it was a YouTube video and free speech that got the Ambassador and the staff killed, and she has the nerve to wonder why the cover-up is a big deal? The problem here is not just the obvious. The underlying problem here is that Clinton is obviously afflicted with the sickness that has been going around Washington- so detached from the realities of the American people, Clinton doesn’t feel accountable to us. Her defensive and flippant response seemed to suggest an underlying annoyance on her part- “Benghazi? YouTube video? Are we still on this?”

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   51 to 60 of 82   End
TOPIC: Billary and Benghazi