Bhutto's death : Swingers Discussion 94059
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBhutto's death
TOPIC: Bhutto's death
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
What does this mean for Pakistan? Will this effect Afghanistan? How about Iraq? Could this be the beginning of a Civil War?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
Pakistans most wanted...

BAITULLAH MEHSUD: Head of the newly formed Taliban Movement of Pakistan. He has been named by the Pakistan government and the CIA as the man behind the Dec. 27 assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. He fought in Afghanistan against the Soviets in 1980s; alongside the Taliban in the 1990s and against U.S. and NATO troops after 2001. Now taking aim at the Pakistan military. From the Mehsud tribe of South Waziristan, near the Afghan border where Western intelligence suggests Al Qaida is regrouping.

MAULVI FAZLULLAH: Uses an illegal FM radio station in Pakistan's picturesque Swat Valley in the northwest to rally supporters to his rigid brand of Islamic rule. Followers have burned down CD shops, girls' schools and launched dozens of suicide attacks against Pakistani police and military. Commander in the Taliban Movement of Pakistan.

FAQIR MOHAMMAED: Based in northwestern Pakistan's Bajour Agency, he is considered a close ally of al-Qaida's Ayman Al-Zawahri. Part of the Taliban Movement of Pakistan but also a key member of the Movement for the Implementation of Mohammad's Sharia Law. He has sent hundreds of young men to fight in Afghanistan and has been implicated in dozens of suicide attacks.

SADIQ NOOR: Powerful leader in North Waziristan, where followers have battled Pakistan's military and provided assistance to the Afghan Taliban across the border. He is closely aligned to Afghanistan's Jalaluddin Haqqani, a key eastern Afghan commander who coordinates activities between al Qaida and the Taliban.

MAULVI GUL BAHADAR: The leader behind the deeply flawed September 2006 agreement with the Pakistan military that gave breathing space for the burgeoning Pakistani Taliban. Based in North Waziristan.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Bhutto's death -- my guess -- is that it will harden a lot of opposition against the Taliban/Alaqaida types in Pakistan.

Women might be second class there in many ways but that does not extend to killing someone's political heroes.

Musharif must weather the time when it looks like he could have offered more security, but that will pass quickly.

I don't think he will appear causative, but the cause-of-death reporrt is an unnecessary problem short term. Actually even that is a non issue whether she was killed by the blast or the bullet and only speaks to government accuracy in reporting. Hell, who thinks government reporting is accurate anywhere?

Tactically, America has just complicated things by our involvement, and our proximity is part of the reason she was killed, certainly. If we need Musharif he can take the shit but for us to be pushing democracy there involving Bhuttos, etc -- well we are not very good at pushing democracy in Muslim countries. They will become rid of the militants sooner without us there manufacturing rage and if they want democracy they will have it.

Right now is our chance to let Pakistanis hate Alqaida for their tactics. Somebody should take George fishing and take Condoleesa to the beauty parlor for a month.

Mostly the candidates just looked dumber for their touching the Bhutto tragedy with their opinions. Even Hillary, who seems to have at least spent some time with her.

Brookhaven MS
Username hidden
(154 posts)
Nice Joe, I agree McCain has had substantive political and regional discussions with the P leaders, hitlary on the other had had tea and a polite conversation. Any insight she has on P was bills and he flunked the course, so not sure the Dem's have a substantial candidate in the race.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Ya know I found the Presidential Candidates reactions to this to be very telling. Huckabee's reaction proved to me that he's a political lightweight struggling to seem relevant. He some how linked this with "Illegal Immigration"...WTF? I think the winners out of this tragedy were Clinton and Mccain. Mccain more so in my opinion because he reminded people that he has solid foreign policy credentials. I haven't heard Obamas reaction but I can take a guess, it probably involved more "dialog", which translates into "I have no fucking idea what to do about it".

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Ya know I don't know if I should feel bad for admitting this, but she wasn't a bad looking lady. As world leaders go, she was definitely hotter than Hilary. Islamists sucks!

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I think Mussaruf was set up. Not that it matters, people are going to take their anger out on his government and not the extremists. Although it would be nice if those bastards did see their plans blow up in their faces, literally.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
My apologies Lucky, I didn't realize your thread had a similar theme.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
What does this mean for Pakistan? Will this effect Afghanistan? How about Iraq? Could this be the beginning of a Civil War?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Bhutto's death