Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Benazir Bhutto killed
TOPIC: Benazir Bhutto killed
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 164   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Awake or should I say Asleep at the wheel. First a view is an opinion, second your age says alot about you. You are very well read and extremely bright and I appreciate that. A majority here though went to the school of hard knocks and not college. And those of us that did go to college went on our dime and not our parents dime, after the school of hard knocks. And dont say you did'nt because from what you wrote and bragged about your parents are very well off and raised you with a silver spoon in your mouth and I am not guessing here, I know it. Older wiser? I dont know about some but I do know that life experience is apart of life and it can make you bitter and it can make you strong the choice is yours and only yours. I gave you facts and stated as much but you were'nt having it. This is one war and only one.Would you feel better if it were called the war of wars or the third world war or even the new crusade? I doubt it. Because you are of a mind set and dont want to hear what some one who believes in what we are doing on all fronts of this war. The adjustments made are the same made in every war. Some work and some dont and believe me no matter who is to become the next president this war is far from over and one day you will look back on this war and you may know for what we are fighting for. And then maybe you wont. The choice is yours and only yours, And remember this young man you are living in time of history that makes the countries past look small and insugnificant by comparison...IMHO

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I think it was the fact that this happened about a week after that made it so funny. You should join us at somethingawful. We used to be the dregs of humanity, but someone started inviting a bunch of sensititve crybabies, so it's not as bad (great) as it was before. :P

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
lol, my favorite example of this was with Norm MacDonald on the Daily Show after Steve Irwin's death. I was pretty upset at the death, but c'mon, it's so funny you just HAVE to laugh, lol.

It won't let me post the URL here, but if you go to the Daily Show website and search "Norm MacDonald", it's the first video. The Crocodile Hunter part starts about halfway through, it's fun. :P You might have to skip the ad, but yeah. Wow, I laughed forever at this.

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
I think it's okay to make rules about the dead, but making the jokes themselves... yeah, I probably wouldn't do it unless I was in the company of like minded friends, lol.

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
Thank you Claire. =) I have to admit, your rule definitely broke the tense air around this thread and I laughed for quite a while at it. ;D

Cheers!

Jae

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
I may be new to THESE forums, but trust me, I have engaged in plenty of intelligent dialog in the past in person and on other forums. The flaming you are referring to started with you, and to tell you the truth, I have not even started yet. All I have said is that you are going to have to bring more to the table than telling me you're older than I am to have any sort of effect. If you are offended by that truth, then I apologize, but I do not think that there is anything you can add to the thread if you continue to spew the opinion that I am too young to think. Like I said before, if I was too young to have an opinion, I would not have the right to vote.

Also, yes, I may only read the last 100, but in those 100 I see enough bigotry that I think I have a good idea what the other 8000+ contain. If you would like to prove me wrong, I suggest that you offer something in THIS thread then and not refer to what you have said in other ones. Thank you for your opinion, hope to hear a real, fleshed out point of view from you. You obviously have a very strong opinion, but, quite frankly, no one here knows what it is since you haven't said it.

Cheers,

Jae

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
Hello Fjep. Sorry I didn't name you in my earlier post, but I couldn't remember your name and was typing a bit fast, lol. Anyways, my comment about the misspelling wasn't meant as an attack. I know most of us type in word processors and paste it in, and I said that a lot of us make spelling mistakes/typos. I actually made a few in one post and had to delete it/repost it (the darchangel one). I actually appreciate your posting and wish you were more vocal in this thread. You are the only person really that has given me evidence and/or reason to go against what I have said, and I really did take it to heart.

I actually didn't stay up all night about this thread. I realize that this is just a small thread between a few of us on a swinger site (a great one, at that!). If we had policy makers here, yes, I would be distraught, but I think it's safe for each of us to make whatever opinion we want here without jeopardizing the free world, lol.

I didn't really flame people, I just told them that they are going to have to use more than the usual "young = dumb" approach to say anything of worth. You did so when you told me about the soldiers at Ft. Bragg and your insight had logic to it. Even now, you've said more than most of the others have collectively. The issue I have with ScottyD is that I believe that he sincerely thinks that he is the only one that has paid his dues and as such is entitled to say whatever he wants to whomever he wants. I deeply respect the sacrifice that our soldiers are making for us. Most of my family has military background, and I will never forget it. I don't believe, however, that any of their experiences have given them the insight that it is a joyous occasion that a prominent Muslim leader who has given us support against terrorism is killed, and that they should all be killed, as ScottyD has so eloquently pointed out.

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon,

Jae

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
Awake, wow did we keep you up all night fretting. Talk about flaming, I guess you told us all. Now did you think you got any respect with that. I'm not going to take apart everything, just that I'm a bad man I misspelled a word, actually spell check did. but still shame on me. And me and scotty have had our issues too, but yes being wounded gives you a whole lot of insight very quickly, whether it's good or bad. War is a nasty thing, but sometimes necessary, most soldiers come home wise beyond their years, something you can not read about to get. So yea we tend to get irritated when a 22 year old wants to give us the meaning of life. Sometimes it's hard to understand that paying your dues has it's own merit that only those who have paid their dues understand. If we have to explain it to you then you will never get it.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Darchangel, thanks for your input. I don't identify with either Republican or Democratic parties, I simply vote based on the issues at hand. I actually vote every time there is an election (local and national), and the way my vote spreads out is pretty crazy, I have to admit, haha.

It is hard to get a sense of history when you're young. Mostly since people my age seem to have no interest in it, but also because getting a true sense of an era takes so much time in reading and watching. I never cared for my history lessons in high school because I read books that gave better detail and more diverse viewpoints than those used in our school system. I actually started to really love non-fiction around that point simply because I was reading so much of it. While it does take some time to get knowledge about it, I don't think it's necessarily impossible for a person my age to have a firm grasp of the history of an area or era.

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
Lucky2HaveU, REALISTIC VIEW: what you've said is an opinion, not an argument. Say whatever you want. If you don't back it up, it's meaningless.

Sweetbutt, Pakistan is in Asia, very near India. They actually have a lot of tension, as the two split mostly due to religion.

Anyways, to anyone who read through all of that, my position still stands. To say that we need to eradicate all vestiges of Muslim faith in this world is short-sighted and fool-hardy. To slight the legacy that Bhutto left behind by simply casting her into the same category as you do Islamic extremists is extremely contrary to everything she's ever done, and really really shows you know nothing about her or the matter at hand. Please read about her - she was a wonderful woman who did a lot for her cause.

Thank you.

Jae

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 164   End
TOPIC: Benazir Bhutto killed