Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Baseball bat
TOPIC: Baseball bat
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   62 to 71 of 110   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"" If she were alive right now I'd be in favor of throwing her in prison for criminal negligence. "

That wouldn't actually do any good, though, would it?"

1. It would keep her from being careless with guns.

2. Sends a fairly strong message to legal gun owners that we are solely responsible for our guns and if they fall into the wrong hands because of neglect and carelessness on our part, then we will face the consequences for our laziness.

Lock it up, or get locked up.

That's actually kind of catchy. Better than "click it or ticket" imo.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
Fact, you aren't going to get people to live up to such levels of personal responsibility. So you must limit the access mentally ill people have to such guns.

No one knows exactly how he obtained the guns, if he held a knife to her throat and forced her to open a gun safe. (if there ever was one)

Personally yes, she was at fault. Why? Because he got ahold of her guns. Because she taught him how to use them. Him a mentally ill individual.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7775 posts)
" If she were alive right now I'd be in favor of throwing her in prison for criminal negligence. "

That wouldn't actually do any good, though, would it?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
You'd have better luck trying to get the blind to understand sign language.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
Cpl, that is what I was trying to get Robert to understand. She was at fault. Period.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
The Sandy Hook shooter is why we need to address personal responsibility for properly securing the guns you own. It has nothing to do with mental health. Mom didn't do a very good job keeping her guns secure so that her unbalanced kid couldn't get his hands on them. I hold the mom equally as responsible for the shootings and I do the kid himself. If she were alive right now I'd be in favor of throwing her in prison for criminal negligence. But she's dead. She got off easy.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
vacp:

I already addressed your what if when I said.

"Yes, a bad guy can break into your home and hold your kids hostage just the same... And just the same, you'll give them the keys to the guns. At the least this is what most people would do."

We aren't talking about bad guys, or non-family mentelly ill persons.

Sandy hook, gabby giffords shooter; Jared Lee Loughner are but two examples of why we must focus on mental health as the issue of gun control.

Obviously we can't do anything about random acts on the street before we address mental health. Once we address mental health, we can address the gang issues with the armaments of the studies which would be conducted on and along side the implementation of mental health reform to our gun laws.

So try your straw man arguments if you wish. Fact remains that those who commit mass shootings are mentally ill, and until we as a nation come to terms with mental illness and how to address it.... Mass shootings are going to become worst and they are going to become more common place.

I want to stop this, mental health is our best solution to doing so.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7775 posts)
"Using the "one in a million" scenario is definitely the right reason to change the law."

I get the sarcasm but............

300 million people in the US. How many killed with Semi-Automatic rifles with high capacity magazines?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17457 posts)
Using the "one in a million" scenario is definitely the right reason to change the law.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
Ok Robert now you are really getting in to the what if's. You can ay that about anything. Lets say you go down to your storage place to get you guns to go shooting. And as you walk out some mental person grabs your kid and holds a knife to their neck then what. I know this may not be the best example but I think you get the point.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   62 to 71 of 110   End
TOPIC: Baseball bat