Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Baseball bat
TOPIC: Baseball bat
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 110   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Putting thousands of people in jail for a very long time is very expensive. I understand the deterrent effect, but people tend to do things the way they've always done them, and progress be damned.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I'm actually having a lot of fun at your expense. You realize this, don't you?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
Cplo:

So at the end of the day, our ideal laws are generally thr same, only that you get angry (threats of blocking, name calling in every post, other agressive speech) when someone wants part of the bulk of this to be a federal level rather than state?

Sounds like a petty reason to become upset, don't you think?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7775 posts)
"If you go over the character limit you will get a error, but that is a lot of words. If that is the case then break up your posts. Also if you have dot next to com it will give you a error."

Lifting my self imposed ban of replying to you to pass along a simple thank you.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
So, if a person owns a gun it should be locked in the safe. After all, you had to purchase a safe before you could purchase your gun.

So if you choose not to lock your gun in a safe and your kids picks it up from under your pillow and blows his face off then you are going to jail for a very long time.

If you choose not to lock your gun in a safe and someone enters your home, steals your gun and uses it to commit a crime then you are going to jail for a very long time.

If you are unsafe with your gun (ie: drinking and shooting for example) then you are going to jail for a very long time.

If you lock your gun(s) in a safe and someone breaks into your house, cracks the safe, steals your guns and uses them in commission of the crime, then you are not responsible. After all, you followed the law and met the requirements for ownership.

These might be some fairly radical ideas. They may or may not even be possible to implement because it does't account for current gun owners. Do they get grandfathered into the "old way" or are they given an amnesty period to get licensed for guns they've owned for 20 years?

This will not prevent criminals from getting their hands on guns. This probably won't even reduce overall "gun violence." What I hope it would do is make the portion of our society who owns guns more responsible. I'm actually less concerned with mass shootings than I am with the dozens of stories in the news every day about some kid getting hold of dad's gun because it wasn't locked up and either shooting themselves or someone else in their family. I'm sick of stories about irresponsible gun owners who shoot their guns into the sky during New Years only to have the bullet strike a kid in the head a block down the street. I'm sick of stories about gun owners who leave their guns out in plain view only to have them stolen and used to commit crimes.

I have no idea how effective a more restrictive system would be. Maybe it's the way to go. Maybe it isn't and there are better alternatives out there. I do know that we have a pretty serious problem with irresponsible gun owners in this country and that needs to be addressed. I really don't care about the type of gun you own, the capacity of your magazine or the quantity of weapons you have. I just want you to be safe and responsible.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
I'm not angry. I don't get angry over the internet. I'm just pointing out the fact that the mush between your ears ain't working properly.

I've given my suggestions in some of the 3 dozen other gun threads. But here they are again. Just for you. Because you're special.

Any laws on gun ownership should be passed by the individual states. I'm strongly opposed to federal gun laws. The only involvement the feds should have is compiling a nationwide database of that is readily available for individual states to access when approving gun ownership applications.

Laws I'd like to see states (or at least my state) individually pass:

1. Background checks on all weapons sales and purchases, to include gun shows and private party sales.

2. A license showing that you have completed and passed a weapons safety course, weapons proficiency and weapons law course. These are paid out of pocket by the person applying for the license. It's like Driver's Ed for guns. Each state sets their minimum standards for pass/fail.

2a. This license is to be renewed every X number of years through the demonstration of proficiency, safety and knowledge of the law. If you fail, you turn in your guns until you pass.

3. Mental health screening by a state approved shrink. Screening paid for by the applicant. States set their minimum mental health standards.

3a. Follow-up screening is required with license renewal. Fail this portion and give up your gun until you are considered "healthy" again.....if ever.

4. Gun safe. Before you buy a gun, you buy a safe. Each state can provide a list of approved safes for gun storage. Proof of purchase must be provided when you purchase your gun.

4a. Gun safes come in various sizes and are designed to secure different weapons. If your safe is rated to hold 5 guns and you want to buy a 6th gun, then you need to buy a bigger or additional safe.

Cont'd in the next post.....

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
If you go over the character limit you will get a error, but that is a lot of words. If that is the case then break up your posts. Also if you have dot next to com it will give you a error.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Well, I typed up a lengthy reply but I keep getting an error message when I try to submit my post. Oh well. It's not like it was going to make Bobby any smarter anyway.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
cplo:

“You and your "what ifs" are the most ridiculous thing in this entire forum. Even more ridiculous than some of the other crazy shit I see people posting. You post like you're some sort of grand fucking philosopher with the answer to everything but you don't know jack shit. In a forum full of people who act like children, you've managed to come across as a god damn baby. You don't get it and I suspect you never will. Just stfu already. “

What I find the most amusing about you people, both sides is that a 28 year old can anger you so much. That you assume that I assume to know all.

If my solutions to gun control are so faulty, why not provide some of your own?

I presented a single situation. One of your children are held hostage and the person holding them has demanded your weapons. Your response was that you would play Rambo and shoot the hostage taker. Which one of us is the child here? Which one of us thinks that they can play action hero, load the weapon, charge the weapon, aim the weapon and shoot cleanly at the hostile in less than a second?

Sure you might be able to kill the hostile, but the cost is likely going to be your child. So I ask you, which one of us is being unreasonable and which one of us is simply asking questions?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7775 posts)
"What do you do about the cases where you return home and find your guns stole, the safe broken into?"

I'd file a police report. If the guns were locked in an appropriate gun safe, then the owner did his/her part.

"How about the use of your own family to force you to hand over the guns?"

WTF? You mean if someone had a gun to my kid's head and told me to open my safe and give him my guns? Why the fuck would someone with a gun want to rob me of my guns!?!?!?!?

I really consider myself someone who plays nice with others. I've managed to avoid throwing insults towards pretty much every other person who posts in this forum despite the fact that I've had a few insults thrown my way, but for the love of fucking Christ, you are the absolute most dense fucking moron I've ever come across either in person or on line.

And that says something because there's a lot of god damn idiots on the internet. But you have managed to put yourself head and shoulders above the rest of the nitwits out there.

You know what I'd do if a person had a gun to my kid's head? I'd give him whatever the fuck he wanted. You know what I'd do if he had a knife to my kid's head? I'd pull out my gun and turn his brain into jello.

What fucking part of "responsible gun ownership" don't you understand? You own a gun, be responsible. If some unlikely and extreme circumstance plays out like your safe getting broken into while you're gone or someone holds your family hostage because they want your fucking pistol then you simply investigate the incident and if the owner is found not liable then that's the end of the fucking story.

You and your "what ifs" are the most ridiculous thing in this entire forum. Even more ridiculous than some of the other crazy shit I see people posting. You post like you're some sort of grand fucking philosopher with the answer to everything but you don't know jack shit. In a forum full of people who act like children, you've managed to come across as a god damn baby. You don't get it and I suspect you never will. Just stfu already.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 110   End
TOPIC: Baseball bat