Baseball bat : Swingers Discussion 2169161042
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBaseball bat
TOPIC: Baseball bat
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   42 to 51 of 110   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Vacp:

1) requiring you to have repeated safety and me tsl examinations every four years ensures that your mental state remains sound.

2) a well regulated militia means well trained. Training is not a one and done thing, it is repesnative and always changing.

3) because if we make you listen to safety courses over and over again, you and others will in time start actually taking safety seriouslly. Saying that you train your kids and can leave weapons lay around is not safety, it is irresponsibility.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
I find it very irresponsible to keep a gun under the pillow. Mine is kept in a small safe with a finger pad on top at night. Easy to get to and not left out in the open. During the day I either carry it or it is kept with in arms reach of me.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Cars are built for transportation. Guns are built to kill. By that logic, you're comparing guns to hammers, kitchen knives, or ball point pens. After all, if used in a manner other than what they're designed for, they could all be used to kill another person.

If you're at home and want to have your piece holstered to you or something incase of a break in, cool. That's more convenient than having to run into your bedroom to pull it out from under your pillow, right? And it's still in your control so you don't have to worry about a kid getting hold of it. Pretty sure I never said anything about keeping your guns locked up 24/7. The intent is for the registered owner to be the only one who has direct access to them.

And what's so inconvenient about locking them up when no one is home?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
So if I don't have a safe because I want quick access to my gun, and somebody breaks in (breaking the law) and steals it then you think I'm not being responsible? . What if (lol) somebody steals my car and causes an accident? Should I responsible because I didn't have 'the club' or some cutout switch installed?

I just don't get why I need to responsible, for those other than my children, by having to buy something additional and inconviencing me.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17380 posts)
Rather than be responsible, its really to establish a system that teaches responsibility. Can't force anyone to be responsible, but required training and education will certainly reduce the # of accidental gun deaths and injuries, while negligence and stupidity will be met with stiffer consequences. There are A LOT of really irresponsible gun owners out there. Seen too many of them 1st hand.

As for responsible parenting....I'd love breeding licenses of some sort. But that's not gonna happen.

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
cpl basically want's to legislate that people be responsible with guns. It's a nice thought. Can we legislate they be responsible about other things like parenting in general?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17380 posts)
Cp, You are really out in left field with your ideas. I do think safe storage is a great idea. But not to the extent you say. Before gun safes came out in the early 80's there was other ways to store your weapons. Why take a safety course over again. Once you pass it you have proved you understand safe handling. Mental exam no don't see that. We do need to work on the mental health system we have and have them report to the data base. But thanks to the privacy laws that have been passed it is hard for them to do that. Start with repealing them first and see how that works.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Cplo:

Ah, well I hope you had fun.

Oh and I do agree, pot heads aren't worth our taxes.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
We can use the money being saved whenever we finally stop prosecuting and jailing potheads and corner boys.

And if not jail, then excessive fines, community service and loss of guns for those whose negligence results in injury or death to others. If long term jail sentences aren't a viable option, I'm sure there are alternatives out there that will be nearly as harsh and less of a financial burden on the taxpayer.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
Putting thousands of people in jail for a very long time is very expensive. I understand the deterrent effect, but people tend to do things the way they've always done them, and progress be damned.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   42 to 51 of 110   End
TOPIC: Baseball bat