Baseball bat : Swingers Discussion 2169161021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBaseball bat
TOPIC: Baseball bat
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 110   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Black powder as the Chinese, and our ancestors used was a explosive used for entertainment. The first projectiles were fireworks NOT bullets, so you are as usual are WRONG. Guns resulted from the use of pyrotechnics from entertainment. Not the other way around, as you claimed.

Perf I know you know that Reagan quote by heart, I can look it up or you can just go ahead and post it.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
Yes I do. But like I said it would not violate their privacy to be reported to the data base. No one will be using it for anything other than a gun purchase.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
In 2011, the latest figure available from the Centers for Disease Control,

Accidental discharge 851 Suicide 19,766 Homicide 11,101 Undetermined Intent 222

Total: At least 31940 people died from gun injuries in 2011.

Also 258 people were killed during legal intervention, most of them due to guns.

As you see more guns are used in suicides than homicide. So maybe if they report to the data base they could cut the suicide rate in half or more.It would be a start.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"CPL,well you cannot have it both ways. Either it gets reported or it does not. If it can only be used to check on a firearm purchase why would it matter if it was in the data base??"

I don't see how this is wanting it both ways. Patient records are confidential unless an individual gives consent to open them up. Not to mention that someone who isn't actively being treated won't have anything in the database to begin with.

You understand the difference between screening and treatment, right?

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3162 posts)
Gunpowder is not a gun. Also, shortly after the Chinese made this discovery, they figured out a way to use it as a weapon. First as a flame-thrower of sorts and eventually adding shrapnel in the tube so that it would fire out towards their enemy.

So while the discovery may have revolved around entertainment, it quickly evolved into a means of killing.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3162 posts)
CPL,well you cannot have it both ways. Either it gets reported or it does not. If it can only be used to check on a firearm purchase why would it matter if it was in the data base??

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"I am firmly convinced that this "mental health" angle is a complete red herring, and that it could not possibly reduce gun deaths by more than one percent.

One percent of 30,000 gun deaths per year is 300 people saved per year. We might spend $1000 per citizen determining their mental health. As cplo just stated, the success rate would be marginal at best.

A thousand bucks times 300 million people is 300 billion dollars. Suppose once every 10 years suffices, for a mental exam. That's 30 billion to save some 300 people, per year.

A mere $10,000,000 per life saved? It could be less; or it could be more, if people put up a fight over whether to get tested, or dispute the findings, or ..."

Just to be clear, expenses for mental health screenings would be paid for by the individual, not the taxpayer. So the cost is kind of irrelevant. If I want a gun, I pay the $50 or whatever to get screened.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3162 posts)
The gunpowder was a result of fireworks by the Chinese. First objects propelled from tubes by the use of gunpowder were for entertainment. Today guns are mostly used for recreation in sport shooting. More rounds are fired for target practice of some type than any other use.

So guns resulted of the use of gunpowder for entertainment, and today their primary use is still entertainment.

How did that Ronald Reagan quote go of liberals not knowing so much?

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
I know this is old but worth the read

MSNBC Shocker: Firearms Deaths Fall As Gun Restrictions Ease By Noel Sheppard | March 29, 2010 | 10:02

What's the likelihood of an EXTREMELY liberal media outlet publishing an article about firearm related homicides declining while permits to carry concealed weapons increase?

About as likely as Keith Olbermann saying something nice about Sarah Palin, right?

Well, on Wednesday, MSNBC dot com actually published a piece with the following shocking headline:

Shhh. Wait. It got better (h/t CNSNews via Weasel Zippers): Americans overall are far less likely to be killed with a firearm than they were when it was much more difficult to obtain a concealed-weapons permit, according to statistics collected by the federal Centers for Disease Control. But researchers have not been able to establish a cause-and-effect relationship. In the 1980s and ’90s, as the concealed-carry movement gained steam, Americans were killed by others with guns at the rate of about 5.66 per 100,000 population. In this decade, the rate has fallen to just over 4.07 per 100,000, a 28 percent drop. The decline follows a fivefold increase in the number of “shall-issue” and unrestricted concealed-carry states from 1986 to 2006. The highest gun homicide rate is in Washington, D.C., which has had the nation’s strictest gun-control laws for years and bans concealed carry: 20.50 deaths per 100,000 population, five times the general rate. The lowest rate, 1.12, is in Utah, which has such a liberal concealed weapons policy that most American adults can get a permit to carry a gun in Utah without even visiting the state. The decline in gun homicides also comes as U.S. firearm sales are skyrocketing, according to federal background checks that are required for most gun sales. After holding stable at 8.5 to 9 million checks from 1999 to 2005, the FBI reported a surge to 10 million in 2006, 11 million in 2007, nearly 13 million in 2008 and more than 14 million last year, a 55 percent increase in just four years.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"The fact that competitive events have been developed around either of them doesn't change the primary intent. That's like saying that paper is intended to be used as a target rather than something to write on. "

I'm not buying any of it. It makes no difference what the primary or original intent is, or was.

Bubble wrap was designed to be wallpaper for Pete's sake. All guns, and all ammo ARE NOT DESIGNED TO KILL.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 110   End
TOPIC: Baseball bat