Baseball bat : Swingers Discussion 2169161011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBaseball bat
TOPIC: Baseball bat
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 110   End
User Details are only visible to members.
With the people on the right saying the things that they do here, being as dense to what real safety and proper training is... No one ought to be calling me dense, unreasonable, or otherwise uneducated on these subjects or society.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6872 posts)
I like cpl to tell me how one of my Smith & Wesson mod. 52, which ONLY fires FULL WADCUTTER bullets was designed to kill.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"... while black power may have been initially used to set off fireworks for entertainment..."

Angela Davis used to set me off.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"... Do mentally unstable people hang out with gun owners? "

Birds of a feather. I was including the potential instability of the gun owner himself, plus everyone who comes to his house while a gun is out. Based on the posters in this forum, 90% might be a conservative estimate.

Turn it around: 10% of gun owners don't have any visitors with mental issues. Hermits in great mental condition?

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Well, this is the band-aid approach. For $50 you get a certificate that says you didn't evidence any clear intent to kill anyone today."

It very well could be a band-aid. Like I said, I'm just trying to get a dialogue going to get other ideas, along with the pros and cons.

"This doesn't address the mentally unstable person that inhabits or frequents 90% of all gun owners' homes, does it?"

Is this an actual statistic? Do mentally unstable people hang out with gun owners?

"Nor does it really get to any depth regarding the gun owner himself."

The gun owner would presumably have been properly trained and educated on weapons handling, safety and security per the requirements that I laid out. If he leaves his gun accessible to the crazies, that's on him.

"We can throw a little or a lot of money at this, depending whether we want to reduce gun deaths by 1% or by a tenth of a percent."

It may or may not result in a significant reduction in preventable gun deaths. Even if the result is a reduction in .1%, that's a significant reduction in the eyes of that .1%.

If my ideas are no good, cool.....throw some other thoughts out there. I'm willing to listen. The only thing I don't want to hear is that the system is just fine the way it is. Because it isn't.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3162 posts)
You cannot have a "gun" without a propellent, and barrel, and projectile. The first barrels were paper used to propel a pyrotechnic projectile. Firearms came from that, firearms were invented because the technology was for ENTERTAINMENT.

Without the invention of black powder and the use of it to propel flashy boom boom things in the air firearms at the time would not have been developed. First used matchlocks were used for entertainment of the royalty. The primary weapon for centuries after the invention of primitive firearms was the blade, or the arrow.

What the hell were you doing in school during history classes?

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
"Black powder as the Chinese, and our ancestors used was a explosive used for entertainment. The first projectiles were fireworks NOT bullets, so you are as usual are WRONG. Guns resulted from the use of pyrotechnics from entertainment. Not the other way around, as you claimed. "

Again, black power is not a gun and fire works are not guns. So while black power may have been initially used to set off fireworks for entertainment, the gun itself was invented to kill. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3162 posts)
"Just to be clear, expenses for mental health screenings would be paid for by the individual, not the taxpayer. So the cost is kind of irrelevant. If I want a gun, I pay the $50 or whatever to get screened. "

Well, this is the band-aid approach. For $50 you get a certificate that says you didn't evidence any clear intent to kill anyone today.

This doesn't address the mentally unstable person that inhabits or frequents 90% of all gun owners' homes, does it? Nor does it really get to any depth regarding the gun owner himself.

We can throw a little or a lot of money at this, depending whether we want to reduce gun deaths by 1% or by a tenth of a percent.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"It's not that our Liberal friends are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so"

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
NOW archery was invented to kill/hunt. Are you proposing banning bows and arrows, PVC pipe, growing bamboo, trees, fiberglass, animal tissue for string?

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 110   End
TOPIC: Baseball bat