Babel : Swingers Discussion 74221101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsBabel
TOPIC: Babel
Created by: lntncpl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
"But the Japanese story doesn't directly involve guns in any shape or form."

Sure it did. The mother committed suicide by shooting herself. Although I'll agree that the gun theme can only be loosely tied in to the Mexican story. About all you had there were asshole border patrol agents with guns (if you remember when the border patrol asked the hispanic guy to get out of the car he made a big deal out of putting his hand on his holstered gun).

Overall though I'd say it was just another poor Hollywood script.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Actually I think the story was supposed to be primarily about the Japenese girl and the theme was guns. Remember her mother shot herself, probably because she was stuck at home raising a deaf-mute daughter while the father was always off hunting. This likely is what caused the girl to feel isolated and constantly seeking attention (love) from whomever. But I'm not sure how that can be tied into the act of the father giving the rifle away, which is what leads to all the other drama. I think that is the weak link in the film.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
FYI-Babel is an Indie film.

Flushing NY
Username hidden
(6 posts)
im with u on neve campell fo sure. just watched two moon junction last week cause the russian doesn't know old 80's movies so well. that chick was hot as well!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
lol at you guys

I've sat through soooooooo many bad B movies because I liked the chicks on the cover. -------------------------------------------------------------------- How true....How true....but as Bill Engvel says "I'm just a guy!".

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
We loved Cars....and it was more Oscar worthy then some of the crap that was nominated.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Domestic Gross (US/Canada) for the Animated movie Cars: Approximately $270 million.

The COMBINED Domestic Gross (US/Canada) for all 5 Oscar nominated movies: Approximately $284 million. (The Departed dominated most of that take with approximately $131 million in gross).

Yet, Hollyweird still does not get that the majority in America predominately goes to the movies to be entertained, NOT preached or lectured to through some director(s), actor(s) or writer(s) political, social or (non)religious based biased views.

...and yet Hollyweird complains about declining Box Office receipts. For those that own, operate and manage their own business, if you would run your business like much of Hollyweird you would no longer be in business.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
there is a lot of babble in the political forums...whoops wrong thread

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I didn't particularly care for the movie either. I kept waiting to see how it all tied into everything else...you know...like "Crash". Didn't happen completely. Too many loose ends and I didn't like the ending...like WTF?! I liked some of the sound tracks though.....hmmm...

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Babel