Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies : Swingers Discussion 1738881071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAwareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies
TOPIC: Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   71 to 80 of 84   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We really appreciate everyone's thoughts and kindness to us. Bacchus has read this several times and wants to join me in expressing that we are both truly surprised that there have been so many people willing to be forthcoming with their own family story. Additionally, I would never disrespect any of our children. Sara knew yesterday and gave her absolute consent to me posting this. She is currently without ready internet access but said if current discourse was still happening when she has it again, she would even post. (If I bought her a one month membership) My purpose in posting this was not to seek sympathy. I can assure you any sympathy given, while appreciated, is not worth what it took out of me to write it. But as it turns out, so many good people were brave enough to come forward and help me explain how much more prevalent it is than people want to acknowledge. Our family is good. This is a thread in the fabric of our whole of life. All of us. Pull out that thread, the family and lives are not the same. What my deepest desire is, is that if just a few people think harder about this, the understanding increases. My desire is that, thank you my cyber friends who felt comfortable enough to do this (while at the same time truly understanding the stigma that would stop others) people think I little harder. It must be nice to live in the rarefied air of a perfect world. But it's not most people's reality. Almost everyone knows some one with a degree of mental illness. If we want to combat it, hopefully it will be more acknowledged. To answer Perfect's question :what do we do with them?" I don't know. What I do know is we don't take away other's civil liberties. Many mentally ill people, in fact most, are harmless. The ones who can and will cause harm, will do so no matter what and with whatever weapon they can muster.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
LW, there is not much to say. I watched my step-father, a brilliant man, psychiatrist, go down the rabbit hole of paranoid schizophrenia.

I'm sure you both did the best you could, and I hope (not a praying kind of guy) that you have found some peace.

Be Well.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
oh stop heat.

You want to talk about the dipshit in AZ? Hey maybe he's a paranoid schiophric or a sociopath or his mommy didn't hug him enough. I'm not a doctor.

I do know when someone attemts to kill people for no reason other than it seems like a good idea or they got orders from their neighbors golden retriever i ssay they are LOONs!!!!

I'm sure ladywife (being that's i've met her and her husband more than once) understans the context of your remarks. stop being such a girl.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Firstly, she is very lucky to have you as a Mom and secondly, Im sorry. For some reason, unlike other illnesses, mental illness seems to be a joke. Maybe it is that way as no one knows what to do. I do know mental illness usually no fault of the person but more a wiring issue. I do not know what more you can do other than to love her when she lets you. Again, I am sorry*

I understand the healthy child one day and the onset of issues of puberty. Both my kids had issues with epilepsy going through puberty. Yet no one in the families have it. There is no rhyme or reason. Just doing what is best for our kids and being their advocate* She is very lucky to have you and for you to have her**

Thank you for sharing*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
Also, this is not a mental disorder, but I had a seizure about four years ago, and broke my upper back. I take medication for that, even though no cause for it was found. I do not want to have another one again. My reason for posting about that is, people make fun of epilepsy alot. I have a few friends that got mad because someone in front of them at an amusement park ride had a seizure, and they got mad, because the ride was closed for awhile. Sure, I could have read them the riot act about them making fun of a kid who had a seizure, but I am reminded of that kind of thing alot. People make fun of it on tv. The same with mental ilness, and alot of other things. I am not heartless, but I am not going to let myself fall to pieces because someone with a condition I share gets made fun of. Plenty of people here, and other places make fun of others for conditions they have, some of which are controllable, and some which are not controllable.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1843 posts)
I have had a depression disorder since I was a child. My Mother and my sister also suffer from depression. I did something for myself- I got help. My sister would rather sleep than go to counseling or take medication for it, and my Mother likes to blame everyone ese for her own feelings, rather than get counseling or take any antidepressant, because she says they make her feel funny. I also had a long friendship with someone with Manic Depressive disorder, abandonment issues, and personality disorder. I care about her, but sometimes her issues need to be handled by someone else, such as her psychiatrist, but she would skip appointments, therefore missing out on refills for her meds, and she would have a manic episode, and then spiral to depression all the time. I tried to help her as much as I could. She also would go to the bar, which was not good because of her meds, go on buying sprees, making her unable to pay her bills. I myself suffer from depression from time to time, and the friendship was not good for me. We are friends again, but not like we used to be.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1843 posts)
B&LW...thank you for posting what must have been a brave and heartbreaking post for you to share with some of us whom you don't even know. Yes. It will help people more than incite them.

My adoptive family has mental illness all around (I like to say that I'm glad I'm adopted) and when I can remember that, it helps me not to take things so personally with them, esp. my mother. Yes, she has intentionally hurt me, but if I can put it into perspective, I can realize that I didn't "cause" her to hurt me. That's another view.

I don't have answers for this society. I just am an observer of it. All any of us can do is share our own stories and experiences in the hopes of being a help to someone somewhere. You did that, and it will not go unrewarded in some sort of way. Although you may never know how or why.

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7530 posts)
I can say that I think you two acted responsibly. You did your best for her, and your best to see that she didn't hurt anyone else.

The parents of the Arizona shooter........not so much.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17355 posts)
First, I'm truly sorry this happened to your family and child.

I guess we should be asking you what you think we should do with the 'crazies'.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17355 posts)
LW I wish I could send a huge hug through the computer...You and your daughter do have our prayers and thoughts.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   71 to 80 of 84   End
TOPIC: Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies