Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies
TOPIC: Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   31 to 40 of 84   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Funny thing is... Charlie has always been this way, but now he's older & now it's not too cute anymore because his good looks are deteriorating. "

True, but mega bucks can still get you mega fucks. :).

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4121 posts)
I think he is having a physical and mental breakdown. His thoughts scattered. Hes talking his own language winning winning!! It he were my son, Id Baker Act him. Get him off the streets, 72 hrs observation, and see what the hell he is up. He is a danger to himself.

I do agree that many drug/drinker abusers are self medicating and it is a shame they dont have better tools to deal with their issues. Living thru it one part, healing from it another*

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
"He claims to currently be drug free. I hope he is lying. If not, he is manic to the point of being close to psychotic. "

If he actually does or did as much drugs as he claims, he HAS to be missing brain cells and makes me wonder if there is any hope for him at all. Is he too far gone or is this all an act? After all that is his profession. On the flip side, it reminds me of a guy I used to work with many many years ago and have no idea what ever happened to him. I was still in my twenty's and he probably late 30's/early 40's. We worked the second shift and almost every night he would have a "liquid" lunch and come back to work pretty sloshed. One day I asked him, how long he could keep this up without paying a heavy price and even death. As he took a long drag on his cigarette, he said "there are two ways to look at life You can live it sedately and die peacefully at ninety or do all kinds of debauchery and go out in a blaze of glory in your 40's. Personally I choose the latter." Of course, at the time I thought he was crazy, but every so often I think of him and wonder maybe he was right after all. It also made we wonder just how many men out there are totally jealous of the life Sheen is leading and would give anything to trade places with him, even though they know it will take years off their lives.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4121 posts)
Agree with the Bipolar statement. I have had them tell me that the Mania was like being on a "legal high". Usually it took doing something really self destructive, financially stupid, or career endangering to get them to take their meds. I think a bit of lithium in his "tiger blood" might be his only salvation.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2281 posts)
"TBR, this should be a good one for you, because I would assume you have seen a bit of drug abuse and mania in your professional career."

His pasty complexion and sweating point to ongoing drug use. The sweating may be because of the lights, I'll give you that, but...

The "stream of conciousness" ranting is indicative of manic behavior. Tiger blood and Adonis DNA? Really now...

When I was going through school in the mid 90's, the concept of dual diagnosis was in it's infancy. Since then, it is postulated that many people who are abusing drugs are self medicating for an underlying psychological issue.

One of the major issues with manic depressives (or bi-polar, if you prefer) is that they love the manic so much that it is hard to keep them on their medication. And when they are not in th manic phase, many will use cocaine or other stimulant to try to recapture the manic.

In my opinion, he is high and manic...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17439 posts)
I said to V last night, I thought Charlie manic. We are watching him spin out of control.

Sad to watch*

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
On another side of the Mental picture. I have never watched 2 1/2 men, so I know little about Charlie Sheen's "normal" behavior. But I have heard his rants and seen him on TV doing interviews. He claims to currently be drug free. I hope he is lying. If not, he is manic to the point of being close to psychotic. Curing drug abuse is far easier than treating a mental illness. Or, he is an actor that is the best of his generation ? It is pretty hard to fake the "crazy eyes" in my experience. The thoughts of anyone else on here with either professional experience or personal experienced with loved ones ? TBR, this should be a good one for you, because I would assume you have seen a bit of drug abuse and mania in your professional career.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2281 posts)
p.s. I adore heavy weight boxing and feel the same for those guys*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
I think what is does is enpower you with knowlegde. Maybe men going the football route would feel differently IF they knew the potential harm? I think folks should do as they see fit, but with full knowlegde of the potential medical issues.

Before we knew my son had E, we had him in martial arts, baseball and swimming. While I enjoy football, I didnt want to sacrafice his young body for it. Little did I know what was to come lol

Funny, Vincent ran for 25 years. He ran every day, if Im correct, 7 - 15 miles daily. He did this cause he wanted to stay on good shape and keep his heart healthy. He bought the best shoes, warmed up. DId it all right. Ok he does have a great heart but it killed his knees. At 50, he had one replaced. Thank God, it is BETTER than the old one. But.. see he was doing something he liked but had he known, Id bet hed been a swimmer.

Im sure many would ignore it and play anyway. Its their lifes dream, I can understand it. But I also think some will avoid it, because of the potential harm.

Years ago folks lived till 50 - 60. These days many living well into the 80s and 90s. These bodies have to last a helluva long time*

Thanks for joining in. *

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
A very sad story for sure. This reminds me of a good article I read on the physics of sports injuries. They looked at the physics involved in the "knockout" in boxing and those of various football injuries. They pointed out that when football was invented, a little quick guy was trying to outrun a sort of big slow guy. Now you have big fast guys hitting huge just slightly slower guys. The weak points are the brain and the knee. For the over 50 crowd here, think back at the size of pro football players when we were kids. The average All Pro lineman was about 250 pounds in the 1960s Today, a lineman that size would have a difficult time even getting a scholarship to a big name college program. Football is a very violent sport and for years we thought that the worst that was going to happen was that you got total joint replacements at a younger age and a lot more arthritis. But, we are learning there are now a whole new set of health issues. The NFL is making attempts to make the game safer, but at the same time they are looking at adding games with out adding to the roster size. So, the safety issue just looks like lip service to me. What the answer to this problem should be or will be is unknown. At what point does safely outweigh entertainment ? At what point can the government tell grown adult men what they can subject their bodies to? Are we going to decide that these men are the modern equivalent of the Ancient Gladiators and decide that a certain number will die for our entertainment ? There are billions of dollars at stake and a few hundred men's health. I think I can guess that the errors will not be to the side of brain health. BTW, I am a huge football fan.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2281 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   31 to 40 of 84   End
TOPIC: Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies