Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies : Swingers Discussion 1738881011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAwareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies
TOPIC: Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   11 to 20 of 84   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sadly, many expect the blind to lead the blind. We don't even have a good foundation on what is mentally sound, to go around and fix the mentally unsound. Take war for example, who in their right mind would want war? Yet the US has been in one state of war or another sense WWII. Now with the all volunteer force we have, shouldn't we be testing the mental fitness of everyone signing up?

How about political views? I see some of you more stanch conservatives as suicidal conservatives. Most all of us will agree that those wanting suicide are either mad with pain (temporarly/driven insane) or simply insane.

Even if we had the tech to rewire the brain, to fix it... I could see the side in power deeming all the rest as insane and mandate reprogramming of the brain.

It is for this reason that we can not do a great deal for the insane... We simply don't know what sanity is, to "fix" someone. We as a society are locked in a left vs right battle right now that would have the insane dumped upon the families of the mentally ill or locked up in an environment that would wipe the insanes ass for them.

If left up to the families to care for the the insane, then like most elderly,.. the insane will be dumped onto the streets or left to fend for themselves as the rest of the family follows the jobs to other states.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
Feel the need to bump this very old thread. Avery old and dear friend is going through a hell that can be so hard to grasp for those who have never lived with it. This past weekend she took her 19 year old daughter on plane to California to place her in an inpatient program for mental illness and drug abuse/addiction. This facility is rated top notch and also my friend felt R would be less likely to run away from treatment in a state where she wouldn't know as many places to run to or friends to hide her. R is in detox and there is no way to make that a completely comfortable transition. She does have telephone access so her mother is receiving the tortuous calls of pain, accusations, anger, begging etc. After a number of years trying to help her, her mom knows this is the last resort and her head (and the doctors assure her she's doing the right thing). But her heart says "What have I done to my daughter? I must go fix her and make everything alright." Friends, this is much more common than most people realize. It's not talked about or shared much because of the stigma associated with it. If you know someone going through this, please do your best to be there for them. If you are personally going through this in any way, please know you are not alone. There's more of us out there than you may realize.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Simm, I have a feeling that if you examine any of the scat left behind by the Cougar, you may find some tan and white hair. That is where some of your deer may have gone. Welcome to nature. On a serious note, if you have cougars, make sure you realize your place in the food chain. You are NOT at the top. Use good sense and arm yourself. With the ban many years ago on Cougar hunting in your state, they have lost their fear of man. Of course, they rarely attack humans, and they should not be shot unless you feel you or another human is in danger. Defense of your property, and yes family pets are property, is not justification to kill a cougar in California. A 12ga pump shotgun with 00 buck is the perfect defensive weapon anywhere except Alaska. As for pepper spray, I think Cougars are like Grizzly bears. Due to the higher salt content in human meat, they like a little pepper with it!! Hope you are enjoying your new home.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2281 posts)
Hi Fj...doing great thanks. Haven't yet taken the leap on building that chicken coop. However, yesterday Mr. Sim heard the "roar" of a mountain lion coming from the direction of our guest cabin. We haven't seen any of our deer in 3 days....guess they already knew he was in area...

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Can't wait for this trip. Hey and if you ever get up to Sacramento and more specifically Roseville and want a killer dinner, let me know and I'll tell you where he works. He's ten times the chef his mother is and I think I'm pretty good. (yes I'm allowed to use this photo) (-----------

Understandably, our future daughter-in-law has been very careful about pacing the children in a sensitive manner as this relationship developed. So we have met her and speak on the phone regularly. This Christmas we included the girls on our grandchildren Christmas list and tried to give them gifts that related to shared interests with us. Since then they've been chatting on the phone with us and recently got very insistant it was time to meet R's parents. I am not explaining to Sara that her illness is one of the reasons. Because, it is also true that S feels the girls need to be introduced to our huge mob a bite at a time.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
It is tough on the families. The kids love their sister very much and all in their thirties, certainly now clearly understand she's ill and the wherefores and whys. But because her illness can sometimes include shocking or dangerous behavior, they also tend to be very protective of their own lives. For instance 3 1/2 years down the road, I still have to catch grief that she was not at the last family wedding. It was not for me to make that choice. It was her brother's choice based on her almost destroying her sister's wedding prior. Right now, we have a situation where we're traveling to CA soon. We're only staying about 2 hours from her near another of her brother's. We do plan to see her. But her brother does not want her to meet his future stepchildren. They are only 6 and 11 and he is concerned that if she acts out they are just not old enough to understand. Especially because the little one is prone to nightmares.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Proper seizure help.. make sure mouth and airway is clear, make sure nothing sharp or close to get hurt on, roll to side, soothing words and touching till over. keep room semi dark. Many times they will throw up.

If they dont stop within 5 - 10 mins call 911. Naturally check with your Drs as well*

Funny thing is the person having them, knows nothing and wakes up to everyone else looking horrified! My son only has them maybe once every 18 - 24 months but when he wakes up He looks at me and Says.. No I didnt have a seizure ohh ok.... followed by 12 - 24 hrs of sleep. The back to regular*

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7752 posts)
Hi Simba good to see you, how is my favorite liberal doing?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19241 posts)
This is hard on so many, looking at it from a kids eye, how could they understand her? Not to say either is bad, but they didnt understand why she did what she did and neither did she. As the siblings get older, maturer, I think they understand better.

I wish you all well. Not easy at all*

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7752 posts)
That is just horrible Shibby. When Jim's mother was totally vegetative from Alzheimers and didn't even know we were there, we still went to see her on Christmas, mother's day, etc., whenever we could. We lived a ways away, but we sere so glad. When the family had no choice but to place her in skilled nursing for the end of her life, it killed us. I can't imagine just dumping someone off so you didn't have to deal with them over a holiday. Although I will be honest that when the kids were all still home and Sarawould happen to be in the hospital on a holiday, we left it entirely up to each child whether they wanted to go visit with us or not. Often, they did not want to.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   11 to 20 of 84   End
TOPIC: Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies