Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies : Swingers Discussion 173888101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAwareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies
TOPIC: Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies
Created by: BacchusnLadywife
Original Starting post for this thread:
I thought of whether this should be posted in open forum as it does regard health or here because it's bound to bring up political views. It certainly has been featured heavily in two different threads and I've made several statements of how woefully misinformed we are about the many manifistation of mental illness and how each can have varying degrees of severity and success at control. I'll start with a little story. Part One: A perfect child was born in 1975. She was physically very beautiful and as her development progressed showed to be extremely advanced. As time went on she was also widely lauded as incredibly witty, sweet and charming. She didn’t have an ideal life; she faced one upset/hardship common to a significant portion of the population. When she was 4 her parents divorced. Ultimately both her parents remarried. Her mother to a man she adored and she and her two brothers joined a new brother and sister in a blended family. Her natural father, by his own choice made only sporadic contact with her. When she was 9, her biological brothers and she visited their father and his new family for the first time. When she returned that summer, she was different. Nothing extreme, an occasional belligerence she’d never had before. She was quicker to temper, less willing to talk about things and an almost cynical personality at times. Her concerned parents tried hard to talk to her and had her see both their family physician and the school psychologist. Both assured the parents it was just a normal “phase”. Life went on with ups and downs, especially when puberty reared its ugly head. When she was 13 her biological father requested his summer visitation rights again. When she returned she was a very different child. She would occasionally go into rages where she would trash her siblings rooms or belongings, could be quite physical and rough during normal play and sports. She became secretive, desired to usually dress somewhat Goth, could be extremely foul mouthed, her parents had concerns she was free with her body and there were a couple episodes of being with a crowd and drinking. At school she had a few incidences of behavior that was disruptive. Certainly none worse than the class clown, bully, diva, etc. She still had straight A’s and was active in extracurricular. Her parents were very active with the school and parent organization so they were more aware than most of her activities and behaviors as well as that of their other 4 children. They decided family counseling was in order just to be safe. Both a psychologist and a psychiatrist did feel the child had either developed or been born with a mild disorder but initially approached it as non-specific and maybe or maybe not also physiological in origin. They explained that mental illness, just like alcoholism, drug abuse, etc. usually does have physiological reasons as well. So batteries of tests were conducted. At the time all were non-conclusive. Again, this is not unusual.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 84   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Roc- wow that's a seriously good question and there sure aren't easy answers. Also, are you certain convicted drug offenders can't get welfare, since welfare is for the children? Although drug testing is being attempted and challenged in my state. I support it. I have a cousin who's a schizophrenic. He tried to kill his wife with an axe about 15 years ago. He was convicted and sentenced to the Napa State Hospital in California. Fancy that, a prison hospital in a high end place like Napa. Prison hospitals are even better than prisons. But even regular penitentiaries vary and let's not forget prisoner rights. They are considerable. It probably costs more to keep him there. I guess the good news is he's off the streets. Your friend's ex, the pedophile, I'd like him not to have SSI. I'd like certain criminals released to have to live in colonies too. I don't want and have fought against a sex offender in my neighborhood. Had said person moved in here and come near my grandchildren, yup would have shot him. But I don't want them to have the opportunity. I believe we cater to criminals more than victims. Mental illness is super tricky. Bi-polar doesn't make you insane but schizophrenia usually does warrant that designation. My daughter is a sociopath. Not insane at all. But she's gotten out of quite a few charges because she was shown mercy for being mentally ill. She's 38 now, college educated and additionally retrained numerous times with government money trying to find something more suited to her condition. Sociopaths love this kind of thing. It gives them a chemical high to know they got one over and manipulated anyone and any system. She's currently on SSDI and Medicaid. As a tax payer and honest worker, this seriously sticks in my craw. Even though we are talking about my own child. As a human being, it makes me a little relieved that innocents in the workplace won't suddenly become the victim of one of her violent rages.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12558 posts)
because of the steel in my body I get royally molested by the bastards every time I fly. There are three pending litigation that I'm a part of at the present time. I not only get upset, I do something about it.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Outdoors background checks usually take a few days not a few minutes.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
norcal, every time you give an example of why you need enough firepower to shoot down government agents en masse, you come across more and more clearly as someone who should not be allowed to have a gun. Any gun.

Now, if you could just be happy with owning the guns you have now, and not blow fuses about the mere possibility of limited armaments, you wouldn't have to talk so radically.

Are you planning to shoot the next cop who tells you you'll have to give him your gun for a few minutes? Do you feel naked and violated when you go on a commercial airplane? Or do you just avoid them?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Simm the natural range of mountain lions is a direct overlay of the deer habitat so if you have deer there will be lions around at times. The situation here is cali is SSS. Shoot Shovel and shut up..... The DFG has no legal ability to manage the big cats so the manage them by looking the other way. The ranchers and farmers kill more than a few every year and keep their numbers in check and DFG says nothing. As long as people don't push it in their face they are good with letting it happen and knowing nothing.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Wow It is time for people to quit using all these different fu--ing problems or disease to excuse a sick minded fuck and give them all this Gov. aid i.e. SSI Wellfare and on and on WTF!!!

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4832 posts)
Outdoors

China has figured out the solution to the criminal problem, one open ditch, one bullet, many new organs to sell, and no problems at all.

And it all starts with taking the guns away from the people and only the government having guns.

May seem twisted but every word is true.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Bacch I agree most of his ideas are OK. One he slipped in there is a total unconstitutional crock. If you carry legally and get stopped you get the automatic question, do you have any illegal drugs or weapons in your vehicle. I always tell them I have a legal firearm and give them my permit with my DL. Every time they will have me step out of the vehicle and ask me where my weapon is. I tell them and they take possession of it for their safety. No problem so far, BUT part of the obama weapons scam is that little part in there that says that once they are in possession of my legal firearm they can keep it until they run an additional background check on me. They run a background check on me every time I buy a firearm, they ran a background check on me when I got my permit and each time I have had to renew my permit and now they want to keep my firearm while they run another check. BULL CRAP He just couldn't help himself from trying to separate us from our legal weapons in some way. My answer is no no and hell no... They do not get to keep my weapon while the run another check that is already done on me three or four times a year. The rest of it sounds OK but I will withhold my support until I see how they try and implement it. They have had a habit of saying one thing and doing another. What I like best about all of this is that the House will not pass the assault weapons ban and the SCOTUS has and will continue to stand behind our second amendment rights.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Well, the guy is sick; and in a civilized country we take care of our sick, in theory. Castro once put a bunch of such people on boats and dumped them on Florida.

Society pays for such people one way or another. Prison is one of the costliest solutions; somehow execution is even more expensive. You could send a person to an Ivy League school for less money.

We hope a person living on a few hundred a month will not harm society any further, until they self-extinguish or someone else takes up the task.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Alrighty, I think I'll shock a few people who know me or my political posting history fairly well. I'm a Republican who's bent is largely conservative. I'm also a lawful and responsible owner of multiple guns. The LAST thing I am is a fan of President Obama. Therefore, I was all set and ready to go up in arms over his Executive Orders. Especially considering I feel that man has seriously abused that power repeated times. But, in large part, I was encouraged by the initial 23 point proposal yesterday. Mental illness is a HUGE factor in violent crimes. Especially of the massacre variety. At least 9 of the 29 points yesterday were directly or indirectly related to mental illness. I was extremely relieved by this. Both as a citizen and the mother of a sociopath.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12558 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 84   End
TOPIC: Awareness of Mental Illness OR WTF Do We DO With The Crazies