Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die : Swingers Discussion 21650310511
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAssault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
GoTo Page: Less ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Start   511 to 520 of 531   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Robert: I would think my statement about to follow is not to far of a stretch. If a mental health screening process were to be put into place as you put forth and everyone had to be screened in order to be able to have firearms. I think your name would end up on page 1 of any list of: "Do not allow this person to have firearms." Just saying...

Tulare CA

Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Bobby so you are going to attack a shooter when it takes approx 1 sec to reload ?

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

The problem with high cap magazines is two fold.

1) Those on the left who still think that the mentally broken do not reload... and thus one isn't mentally broken if you have the mind to reload.

2) As with the case of the AZ congresswoman, the people can attack the shooter while he reloads.

Case one is quickly becoming irrelevant as we are finding these murderers are reloading and thus this mentality is pointless.

Case two doesn't happen often enough to be of value enough to deny someone their rights in the interest of public safety.

Again, banning things is a bad patch job that makes people feel like they are doing something... It is busy work while people come to grips with what must be done to try and fix our society...

A National mental health initiative, National weapons registries and mandatory universal background checks to include mental health screenings every 3-5 years.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6872 posts)
Nor, I have heard that burial vaults sales have picked up since all the hoopla.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
It's about protecting the innocent children, until it becomes about getting reelected.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
The hole thing about Hi-cap mags just blows my mind. I went out and ran the El -Presidente with 36 rounds instead of 12. That required 2 mag changes with Hi-caps and 3 mag changes with only 10 rounds per mag. Using a shot timer and not a stop watch. Ran through it twice both ways. 1st time .9 sec slower using 10 round mags vs Hi-caps. 2nd time through .7 secs slower. All 36 rounds in all runs hit steel plate targets. So even if a person does not shot a a lot I would think there would be no more than 1.5-2.0 sec. difference in total time for 36 rounds.So I just don't see were the mag restriction will help.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
The kicker is that no ban will ever make it past the house so why through away your political career on a bill that will never pass anyway.*

To make another example out of the Republicans, to gain votes at all cost. Including endangering the young. The Democrats have no shame.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16521 posts)
Forget a weapons ban on black rifles, it isn't going to happen. Old harry knows that the folks from nevada would vote him out on his butt if he ever voted for a weapons ban. He is in a hell of a spot but he will take care of his own political future before he worries about standing behind Obama. The Dem senators from the north east don't want anything to do with a ban either. They would also be looking for a job after the next election. They all remember what happened after the last AWB was passed. The kicker is that no ban will ever make it past the house so why through away your political career on a bill that will never pass anyway. You don't think for a minute that any of the politicians, on either side, in the house or senate has the balls to stand up for anything just because they actually believe in it do you????

Red Bluff CA

Username hidden
(438 posts)
A gun allows a citizen to take responsibility for his own security and the security of his family. To a Leftist, this is frightening because it means that a person is acting without ideological liberal supervision. Leftist demands for “training,” “education,” and “licensing,” in guns and most everything else is simply a way of asserting dominance over uncontrolled social interactions. In the modern liberal context, “freedom” does not mean freedom to act without restriction on your own property or interact with others provided you don’t violate their basic rights. Instead, “freedom” means the right to act only in accordance with government determined social norms.

Peoria AZ

Username hidden
(2322 posts)
Band of weapons and magazine caps are something I am against. However universal background checks? Good idea, I only wish it came with a national mental health inititive for anyone seeking to own or operate a deadly weapon.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6872 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Start   511 to 520 of 531   End
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die