Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
GoTo Page: Less ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Start   502 to 511 of 531   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well I don't think that a free nation should be subjected to being controlled by a computer program. Not a good idea. Plus I think that would be against my rights I was born with.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

Actually the test would be a paper based test, fed into a machine. Kinda like how the mental fitness test are in the VA system that we have.

If you go for physiological treatment with the VA and answer the questions in a manner which you fail so totally and completely... They can detain you and place you into medical hold.

Two of the guys from my fathers unit were placed into such a hold while seeking help from the VA. They were not on any orders and the military weren't involved.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
How can that help?? You go to one doctor he says one thing go to another he says something else. There is no way to come up with a test that will rule out any one that may snap if pushed to far.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Fjep:

No, I wouldn't attack a mass shooter or anyone else for that matter while they are reloading... Unless I had no other means of escape and I thought my death was imminent. At which point in time, anyone of sound mind would attack, because death is assured upon the gun mans reloading... Doesn't mean I won't die... I likely wouldn't close the distance in 1 second... But the choice between assured death and a chance of life is still a better chance when you take the chance than the certainty of death.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
Do people snap for no reason? No they do not. There is always a reason, but because we aren't robots and every thought process recorded and open for review... The ability to find the fault isn't exactly possible in every situation.

That said, a test to become a lawful gun owner goes a long way to bridging the gap between the two sides, it also allows any researcher to have a better understanding of a cross section of the public.

Really I would love to just have a national mental health care system where by all 320 million of us are able to see professionals when we need to... We would likely have a better mental health picture of the nation as a whole. Sadly this isn't doable.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
"Bobby so you are going to attack a shooter when it takes approx 1 sec to reload ?"

He has probably done it many times~~playing "Call of Duty"...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Well I could have attacked you on your entire last statement. Do you even know how well weapons can be tracked now? Have you never seen a person just snap with no other sings of being a little bit crazy?Once again I was giving you a break. And no I did get out of High School just fine.I was out in this world learning and working while you were just a glimmer in your mom's eyes.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Mark:

I could not say if I would pass the test or not... I am not a mental health professional, nor would such a professional test themselves as they would be biased.

I would say however that we ought to have the test none the less as to better ensure that weapons are in the hands of mentally fit persons and not mentally unfit persons.

If my right to the second amendment is denied because of mental unfitness, then that is simply what happens as a result of me being mentally broken as deemed by the test.

If I want to regain my rights to the second amendment, I will have to find a means by which I may become mentally fit...

Nothing that I have said about a mental fitness test states that you lose the rights indefinitely... Only so long as you fail the test.

You might try to counter with statements that people can study the test... But such test would likely have many questions and variations of the questions as to prevent studying the test... You could potentially have 30 different test with 200 questions... Good luck studying all of those test.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
Vacp:

You must suffer from reading comprehensions issues which stem from your dropping out of high school.

I stated clearly that the two numbered issues were the far left's reasons for wanting the bans which reasonable minded people know won't happen.

I clearly stated that these bans were pointless and I clearly stated alternatives which better protect everyone, while allowing mentally fit persons to retain their rights to own any weapon, with any capacity that they wish.

So what is with attacking me, when I am trying to bridge the gap between the two sides? Oh it must be that you are a radical right individual who doesn't want to have any real level of safety in our nation and address real issues... you simply want to be anti ban which has only painted your side in a dimmer view and has aided the left in rekindling desires of the left to ban weapons.

The sooner we get to middle ground, the faster that kindling fire can be smothered and more rights protected.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
Robert: I would think my statement about to follow is not to far of a stretch. If a mental health screening process were to be put into place as you put forth and everyone had to be screened in order to be able to have firearms. I think your name would end up on page 1 of any list of: "Do not allow this person to have firearms." Just saying...

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Start   502 to 511 of 531   End
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die