Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die : Swingers Discussion 21650310461
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAssault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
GoTo Page: Less ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Start   461 to 470 of 531   End
User Details are only visible to members.
PP once again you show your ignorance on weapons. Many revolvers now hold 8 rounds. And how does Dc vs. Heller back up your statement?

Robert if you have multiple intruder in your house which happens often would it not be better to have 15 rounds?And have you ever been involved in an armed encounter? Have you ever taken any combat handgun training?At times you use return fire to be able to move and gain distance and better cover.So until you go and have formal training on the subject on how to survive a armed encounter keep your opinions to yourself. I have attended several and if you need the names of some training schools I can send you some.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
The reason for the number 10 number should be obvious, it bans high capacity magazines without banning all semi automatic handguns. NY was less considerate with the number 7...(a revolver plus 1) It still allows semi automatic handguns with magazines so it's Heller compliant, but JUST barely It's like they say, if you NEED more than 10 rounds, you shouldn't have a gun, if you WANT more than 10 rounds, you belong on a government watch list

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Vacp:

"Ghost, please tell me how the government came up with the magic number of 10 rounds. There is a lot of people asking that question. "

This is simple. If you are in a protracted shoot out where you need to shoot more than 3 times, you are not aiming. Even the worst break ins didn't have a fantasy movie situations where the bad guys enter peoples homes and begin shooting clips of 30 rounds.

Basically, responsible use of a fire arm has been determined by the society you live in, to mean well aimed shots; not 30 haphazard shots.

"And as a NRA member myself I support better mental health reporting to the data base but that is it."

As do I. Really this and mandatory background checks for all buyers for weapons are what I would be pushing for. Clips, strips and guns aren't a problem if we have accurate records of who owns what and when it was sold to whom.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
Ghost,

I don't see in here were the NRA supports your statement.

NRA: Why 'universal' checks won't work Wayne LaPierre5:56p.m. EST February 10, 2013 Criminals will not participate in them, and the mentally ill will not be included.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS In 2010, there were 76,000 denied purchasers. Of those, only 44 were prosecuted nationwide for illegally attempting to purchase a gun. There's nothing reasonable about legislation that doesn't include criminals and the mentally disturbed in its 'universe.' It seems so reasonable. In the minds of many, "universal background checks" for firearms transactions sounds like a good idea.

But is it really? No.

No idea is good if it doesn't work. No legislation is reasonable if it fails to accomplish its purported goal — to prevent violent criminals and the mentally ill from acquiring firearms.

OUR VIEW: Enact universal background checks

Criminals won't participate in a "universal" system. They'll always steal or get their guns, and everything else they want, on the black market. Reasonable people know that criminals will never be part of the "universe."

Even when felons do try to buy a gun and are flagged by the system, they're almost never stopped. In 2010, out of 76,000 denied purchasers, only 44 were prosecuted nationwide for illegally attempting to purchase a gun. That universal failure endangers us all.

The mentally ill won't be included in the system. For the past 20 years, government has failed to include records even for those who have been judged mentally ill by a court.

It's unreasonable to assume that the federal government will require medical professionals — who treat those suffering from autism, schizophrenia, anger management issues and more — to add records of their patients to a massive federal database.

Imagine the outcry over privacy rights! Those records will never be part of the "universe."

The only "universe" will be law-abiding, sane, decent, non-threatening Americans who have already participated in the check system for two decades now. It will be the names of good people — and only their names — that will go into a database, subjected to potential federal registration and abuse of privacy.

No, there is nothing at all "universal" about the proposed background check — and nothing reasonable about legislation that doesn't include criminals and the mentally disturbed in its "universe."

The nearly 5 million members of the NRA support what would make us all safer: the immediate protection of all of our schoolchildren, fixing our broken mental health system, and certain prosecution of every criminal with a gun.

Those are good ideas that thoughtful Americans, responsible members of Congress and law-abiding gun owners can support.

Wayne LaPierre is executive vice president and chief executive officer of the National Rifle Association of America

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Ghost, please tell me how the government came up with the magic number of 10 rounds. There is a lot of people asking that question. And as a NRA member myself I support better mental health reporting to the data base but that is it.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
In the administrations view the assault weapons ban is a stretch, it's really a point to give away to the righties in negotiations.

The more important points of 100% background check and limiting magazine capacity look acceptable and poll overwhelmingly that way, even from many NRA members like myself.

Just having a national discussion on gun safety in the day of radical right wing angst is quite an accomplishment for ANY president, let alone this president who has faced the least productive and most blindly partisan Congress in the history of our country.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Eventually they knew.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
pp: I guess different people of our generation heard different stories from the generation before us. I remember one older man's story: The people of occupied Germany were asking for soap. It was pointed out to them that there was huge quantities of soap stored under City Halls and other various government buildings. It was soap as they discovered had been delivered by the Nazi's. The people knew the soap was tallowed from Jews and would not touch it. They knew. You know.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
The Germans made excuses for killing innocent people, just like some people still do today.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
Yep the Night of the Broken Glass is kinda hard not to understand

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Start   461 to 470 of 531   End
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die