Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die : Swingers Discussion 21650310441
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAssault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
GoTo Page: Less ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... More 
Start   441 to 450 of 531   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The first few paragraphs of an AP report today:

"WASHINGTON — Bill Sherlach just said "no."

Washington officials fighting over gun control invited him to attend President Barack Obama's State of the Union address Tuesday night in the House chamber.

Sherlach, whose wife, Mary, was killed in the school shooting in Newtown, Conn., on Dec. 14, declined.

He said that rather than be the nationally televised face of tragedy, he prefers working within a group that wants the gun issue addressed as part of a comprehensive effort to reduce violence. He wants to work with Sandy Hook Promise, a group that deals with more than just gun control. Mary Sherlach was the Sandy Hook Elementary School psychologist.

Sherlach, who said he had other obligations the day of the speech, explained he also didn't want to be part of the heated rift over gun control that politics and dueling news conferences seem to inflame.

"I think the political aspect pulls people to one extreme or the other extreme," he said.

Rep. Jim Himes, Sherlach's congressman in Connecticut, had invited him to the president's address..... "

Well so much for the Democrats hoping to get someone with a close tie to the Sandy Hook shooting to support their agenda. That's gotta piss them right the hell off.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I'll look into the laws regarding 8 round revolvers in NY state and let you know, but to the best of my understanding the language of the law prohibits any weapon with more then a 7 round capacity/ As for Heller, I have already explained multiple times what Scalia's legalize references to "unusual" meant, and i know you don't WANT to believe he is referring to Military style weapons and high capacity magazines, but it doesn't change the fact that it did

here is a recent statement from Justice Scalia

Scalia acknowledged that there are limitations on those rights, but the court would have to decide what they are. He emphasized the “bear arms” point to say that while owning a gun is perfectly legal, owning a cannon is a different story. However, he noted that there are certainly handheld weapons which can do a fair amount of harm, and said when such a case comes before the court, he would have to make a legal call based on what were understood limitations at the time of the Founders.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Robert any part that will allow a weapon to be modified to fire automatic it will get you prison unless you have paid for your TAX STAMP.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
" "Many revolvers now hold 8 rounds"

Not in NY State they don't....LOL, not anymore anyway"

Assuming that revolvers that hold 8 rounds are illegal in NY, then your statement should be: "Law abiding citizens of New York do not own revolvers that hold 8 rounds."

A question to all those who are for an assault weapons ban or high capacity magazine ban: Do you believe that outlawing something will make it go away?

If so, then why not outlaw things like heroin or cocaine or marijuana? Outlawing those would mean they no longer exist in the US. Right?

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
PP DC vs Heller does not even mention Hi-cap mags. And as far as 8 round revolvers they are still legal in NY. A revolver cylinder does not match the definition of a magazine.Revolvers are classified as multiple chambers.The restrictions only apply to box type magazines and stripper clips.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
A drunk is half right some of the times.

While you are right that with all the laws we have on the books today, it is increasingly difficult not to break any of them... However some laws will land you into jail... Others a fine.

Having an unregistered part to a fire arm is likely to net you the same type of criminal punishments for modifying a simi-automatic into a fully automatic weapon.

I am pretty sure that in many parts of the US, that is prison time.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6872 posts)
Bobby you really need some education, almost everybody in this country is a criminal. There are millions of laws, everybody has stepped over one at some time or another. But the simple fact is people are resourceful, if the government is intent on making them criminals their behavior does not matter.

But as it is now, making your own gun is legal. That includes 80% firearm frames. People are already manufacturing their own firearms, and have been for some time.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
"Many revolvers now hold 8 rounds"

Not in NY State they don't....LOL, not anymore anyway

"And how does Dc vs. Heller back up your statement?"

We've been over this, the majority opinion in Heller clearly stated which weapons it protected....10 round magazines make the cut, high capacity magazines do not

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
This is very much why you, I and Party will not see eye to eye. You want total freedom in guns... Party no guns.

Robert...that is a totally FALSE representation of my views, and not even sure where you came up with that. I FULLY support the right to bear arms as stated by the second amendment and as prescribed by decisions of the SCOTUS.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Fjep:

You see the problem with the underground communities are that if you are ever caught with the parts... You instantly become a criminal.

To make a laws to limit 3d printers from mass producing such parts. One only need require all parts be registered with the government. So if you have a part not registered, you have an illegal part to a weapon... even if the part itself is legal.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6872 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... More 
Start   441 to 450 of 531   End
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die