Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die : Swingers Discussion 21650310412
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAssault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
GoTo Page: Less ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... More 
Start   412 to 421 of 531   End
User Details are only visible to members.
PP your using old data they done changed there mind on the bayonet lug it can have one now lol. In 94 it needed two of the features now only one feature.So you see they kinda make it up as they go. SO there is no true definition of an assault rifle.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
An assault rifle is a selective fire (selective between automatic, semi-automatic, and burst fire) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It should be distinguished from the U.S. legal term assault weapons.

Assault rifle, military firearm that is chambered for ammunition of reduced size or propellant charge and that has the capacity to switch between semiautomatic and fully automatic fire. Because they are light and portable yet still able to deliver a high volume of fire with reasonable accuracy at modern combat ranges of 300–500 m (1,000–1,600 feet), assault rifles have replaced the high-powered bolt-action and semiautomatic rifles of the World War II era as the standard infantry weapon of modern armies. Their ease of handling makes them ideal for mobile assault troops crowded into personnel carriers or helicopters, as well as for guerrilla fighters engaged in jungle or urban warfare. Widely used assault rifles are the United States’ M16, the Soviet Kalashnikov (the AK-47 and modernized versions), the Belgian FAL and FNC, and the German G3. (See also AK-47; M16 rifle.)

Assault rifles operate by using either propellant gases or blowback forces generated by a fired round to force back the bolt, eject the spent cartridge case, and cock the firing mechanism. A spring then pushes the bolt forward as a fresh cartridge is fed into the chamber, and the gun is fired again. Cartridges are fed into the guns from magazines holding as many as 30 rounds. Many assault rifles have attachments for grenade launchers, sniperscopes, and bayonets.

britannica dot com/EBchecked/topic/39165/assault-rifle

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
For rifles, those characteristics include:

Telescoping stock Pistol grip Bayonet mount Grenade launcher Flash suppressor

For shotguns:

Telescoping stock Pistol grip A capacity to hold more than five rounds

For handguns:

Threaded barrels made to attach a barrel extender, handgrip or flash suppressor A barrel shroud that can be used as a handhold Weight of at least 50 oz. when unloaded

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
assault weapon noun Definition of ASSAULT WEAPON : any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms; especially : assault rifle First Known Use of ASSAULT WEAPON 1973 Learn More About ASSAULT WEAPON Britannica dot com: Encyclopedia article about "assault weapon"

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
I'm not avoiding anything, yiour question is moot and I have already answered it several times...don't tell me the number of murders committed with an assault weapon (oh sorry, tactical adaptive combat weapon) Tell me the number of mass killings with a firearm committed WITHOUT one....this you see, is the point.

Yeah, I know why they call it that, it is code speak for "assault weapon" without having to use that them...kind of like calling a vibrator a massage wand

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
That is a new term. Do you know why they call it that??? Why are you still avoiding my questions about the rifle murders vs the number of just AR-15's not including the other ones on the list.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
You don't like the term assault rifle? Ok How about "tactical adaptive combat weapon" which is what Remington calls one of their models.....you think that sounds better?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
PP I forgot to remind you an assault rifle is a term made up by a lefty from California I even gave you the bill number and the link the other day to it.There is no such thing. For one thing they have included BATTLE RIFLES in the ban. And yes battle rifle has been used for the military for years.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
PP I did not dance around. The point is a little over 300 rifles of all kinda were used in murders. There are about 2,446,000 AR-15 rifles already in the USA. That does not include other rifles that the government made up the assault rifle name for. SO your point again is what?????

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"in a home invasion, a M-16 isn't a useful weapon."

1) It is too long for narrow hallways. 2) Too heavy to bring on target. 3) Has too great of a kick to be accurate after two or three rounds. 4) It is fairly loud. "

Complete bullshit, a shotgun is the most recomended weapon for home security. Shotguns are more heavy and have much more recoil than a AR.

ARs are far from heavy, are easy to learn to shoot and bring on target, have virtually NO recoil, and have a noise level lower than handguns. Most shooters of ARs or M-16s are aware of the distinctive "ping" report from a AR. They have a very mild report compared to most center-fire firearms.

Seems somebody has been caught in yet another lie about military service. Unless you are claiming you never shot a m-16 or m-4 while in the service. Everybody who has been in the military except for maybe doctors are well aware of the characteristics of AR/M-16.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19320 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... More 
Start   412 to 421 of 531   End
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die