Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die : Swingers Discussion 21650310361
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAssault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
GoTo Page: Less ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... More 
Start   361 to 370 of 531   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Goodenuff The answer you are dancing around, is that regulations and restrictions in the long run, generally work

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
"When was the last time you heard of a crime being committed with an M-16, and why do you suppose it almost never happens?"

Didn't you ask that question about an M-2? someone did, and I answered it.

Personally I don't recall hearing about a crime involving an M-16. I suppose that's because no one who owns an M-16 has felt a desire to commit a crime with it.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Each personal and home defense situation is different. One size does not fit all. I am often asked by folks what type of CCW or home defensive weapon is best. Regarding home defense, I usually ask them a bunch of questions about their experience and comfort, who lives in their home, about their home layout, etc. The AR-15 M-4 type carbine with collapsible stock and its clones are very legitimate home defense weapons in many circumstances. The Navy Seals carried selective fire M-4's into the house of Bin Laden. The weapon did the job with no collateral damage.

I agree with FJ, I don't want somebody telling me what I can own. The 2A has been successfully supported by the supreme court. The ability to legislate around the 2A's fringes is where the courts, the executive branch and the congress all have their own opinions. This is where the fight will be. But I don't see the AR-15 type rifle being banned or even magazine restrictions being put to law.

Greenville SC

Username hidden
(361 posts)
Perf. your right I use 52 grain hollow points groundhog hunting, it does a good job on the.Yes in an AR-15 before anybody ask.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"As for my comment about "low grain", I'm attempting to make an apples to apples comparison of bullets by weight (ie. grain) and not by powder charge. A .38 is going to fire a larger projectile than a .223. By making the .38 bullet smaller (by weight) you're now at an even comparison for a ballistic side-by-side test with the variable being powder charge. Does that make more sense?"

As far as I know you can only get 38 bullets (.357) down to 110 grains. I'm not sure how you plan to compare that with 223 rifle that's about half the weight.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
.223 hollow point isn't going to have too much penetration.

I guess he thinks they only come in FMJ.

I still have no clue what he's trying to talk about regarding bullet tumble.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
My apologies for the confusion of the name. Spire, not spear. I'll try to do better in the future. I didn't want to call it a full metal jacket round since those are designed SPECIFICALLY to wound.

As for my comment about "low grain", I'm attempting to make an apples to apples comparison of bullets by weight (ie. grain) and not by powder charge. A .38 is going to fire a larger projectile than a .223. By making the .38 bullet smaller (by weight) you're now at an even comparison for a ballistic side-by-side test with the variable being powder charge. Does that make more sense?

Hopefully that clears up the "nomenclature" issue and you can address the argument now.

Long Beach CA

Username hidden
(1755 posts)
I guess he is talking about a a standard FMJ NATO round at least I hope so. As far as hitting bone, a rib will work. It dose not have to be a heavy bone. And as far as self defense if you are on your property you can defend yourself. Were I am from there are a lots of farms. So you have a lot of reason for people to come on your property for the wrong reason. So here in Virginia I know it is legal. If you want good stopping power with out over penetration, one of the best out there is a .44spl.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"Maybe he is confusing shape with bullet brand? "

lol. Well, he could spell 'Speer' correctly, but even then he doesn't know that Speer makes several types of 223 bullets

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Maybe he is confusing shape with bullet brand?

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... More 
Start   361 to 370 of 531   End
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die