Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... More 
Start   191 to 200 of 531   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Before WWII, fewer families owned weapons in general. When they did own any, they were less accurate, slower rate of fire, and generally less combat reliable."

Again Robert you are full of shit, under the CMP program people have been obtaining military battle rifles for a long time. The civilian public in the US has always had access to the same small arms the military uses. And most civilian armament was derived from military contracts. In fact until the last 100 years many of the soldiers kept their guns upon leaving service, and many provided their own arms.

US soldiers were allowed to carry personal arms from the inception of the country up until the military decided against it. They also kept captured weapons, it not for that many of the weapons of the past would be much more rare. Unlike the US that destroys used guns the rest of the world sells them for more than scrap as the US does now.

If you knew a damn thing about the constitution, and would read many state as well as federal court rulings you would see that the RKBA the standard for the courts is military type weapons. Such as the case in Kerner V NC, where the court affirms the right to openly carry MILITARY type arms.

Either YOU failed education or education failed you, or a combination of both.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
VAC the .30 carbine was not the main battle rifle of WW2 though. The .45 Thompson was also a battle rifle of WW2, but it was not the primary weapon. The .308 and .50 BMG are still used today in combat. The .308 power wise is comparable to the 30-06 of that time. The .30 carbine was not very powerful, but it was a good short range cartridge. Ballistics of the 7.62X39 is close to the 30-30 round, and not really a high powered round as the .308 or the 7.62X54R. While the 5.56 NATO is a high velocity round, it does not have the weight to deliver like the larger high velocity rounds of WW2.

Though Robert claims to been in the middle east in the USAF he has completely no knowledge of the nomenclature of either the guns, or the ammo used. He has posted that the M-4 has high recoil and high noise, which is far from the truth. I doubt he has ever fired a older M-16 in basic training let alone a M-4, formally called a GAU.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
What part of me saying that I understand why the M-16/M4 isn't powerful enough and me choosing the AK over either do you not understand?

Now, let's compare pre and post WWII.

Before WWII, fewer families owned weapons in general. When they did own any, they were less accurate, slower rate of fire, and generally less combat reliable.

Along comes WWII, the gun manufacturers develop more accurate, cheaper and faster firing weapons. Thus more people have them.

Now that more people are killed by guns, the people demand that the government do something about it. The only option is gun control.

Now that I have spelled out how and why the government started gun control, do you know why the people placed this greater demand on big government and not small?

Because it was big government that stopped the meat packing plants from selling bad meat, big government that stopped the robber Barron's, big government that stopped the monopolies, big government that fed the people during the great depression, it was the big government the made life better.

Small government told the people to go and die. That there was nothing that could be done. When presented with such answers the people fired small government and the employer as the provider and turned to big government.

Your own inability to provide for the people got you fired and so long as you continue to refuse to accept that you must provide to win the people over... You will continue to lose power.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
Fj I am talking .30 carbine round not 30-06. Kinda funny Robert thinks we are one in the same lol. I have made a living on working on weapons so I think I am one up on him.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
VAC they can kill more because of one shot kills, and in some cases multiple kills with one shot.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
Robert from coroners reports the children were shot repeatedly to kill them. Your argument that post WW2 weapons are more deadly than WW2 weapon is stupid to say the least. Even at close range a 30-06 is a one shot stop/kill, the 5.56 not so much. One of the injuries from ND that has happened with police officers carrying the M-4. Because of the way they carry the gun they shoot themselves in the leg, none of the injuries has been fatal and indications they all recovered. A shot like that from a civil war Enfield would probably be fatal and definitely result in the loss of the leg.

You just do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
Robert, I myself would choose a FN-FAL or a HK-91. A 5.56 is fine but it does lack stopping power. Just ask the military about that. But my point is a person can kill as many people with a M-1 Carbine with a 30 round mag as they can with an AR-15.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Fjep:

Why do you think if given a choice between the soviet made AK-47 or the M-16/M4 I would pick the AK every time except for distance shooting? That isn't the issue at hand.

A round from an AR-15 does more than enough damage to kill, just ask sandyhook.

While it is true that the same effect is more than possible from two to three hand guns with 7-15 rounds each, the bottom line isn't the exact kill ratio but the numbers by which you can shoot.

Now how many times must I state the fact that I am against bans on weapons because they won't work? How many more times before you stop acting like an ape provoked into attacks without actually reading what is written?

The same goes for you vacp.... I am beginning to think the two of you are the same account, you just posted different photos on the one account.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
BTW the most efficient long and short range killer in service today outside of bombs, and rockets is the 50 BMG. Ya know that cartridge that was used back in WW2.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
Robert are you that dumb? The Garand rifle from WW2 fired a 30-06 cartridge. That cartridge has been used the world over to take down large and dangerous game, and still is today. The .223 round which is similar to the NATO 5.56 is a varmint round, it is minimal to hunt small deer, and in many states illegal to use for deer sized and larger game. Really except for smart weapons/large ordinance the weapons of WW2 were/are more efficient at killing man size targets.

IF you were a soldier you would know there is a certain amount of grumbling about the 5.56, and also the NATO 9mm. In fact the USMC just signed a large contract with Colt to go BACK to the .45 ACP in a Colt 1911.

Most rifle cartridges of past were designed to stop a horse in a calvary charge. The 5.56 NATO was not, it was designed to be easy to shoot in a smaller weapon that weighed much less than the 10 pound Garand.

The Garand is a far superior weapon, no is no such thing as a more deadly weapon. A person could have a space star trek super duper phazer and it still would not matter if they are dead from a measly .22 long rifle, or even short. More bullets and black colors does not make one bullet proof. But then if you were actually a soldier you would know that.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... More 
Start   191 to 200 of 531   End
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die