Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die : Swingers Discussion 21650310131
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAssault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 531   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I enjoy fishing what can I say

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
vacpl4fun1962,

Have you not noticed that no one but you responds to trolling posts? :)

You enable them.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16829 posts)
I think PP and Z Z are related

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Are you the egg plant? Are you the walrus? Koo, koo ka chew.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
Timothy McVeigh did not use a gun. He killed 168 people, 19 of which were under 6 years old. Another 680+ were injured. I can still go buy fertilizer and I am sure you can too. Same with racing or aviation grade gasoline. I can go down the street and rent a box truck, no problem. Why are some of you so focused on taking away my firearms with so called "responsible" gun laws? Guns are not the problem. People will kill other people. Always have. Sadly always will. People kill other people in very large numbers when they have taken the others ability to defend themselves with like weapons that the Government has. Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot to name just a few. I do not want a US President's name added to this list.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
I am me .Who are you??

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"Who are we? Who, Who? Who Who?"

[We of the Krewe approve his message.]

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
Who is talking about automatic weapons??

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Sometime soon, an American company in defense of American citizens will create a defense system of sprinklers that will detect and defend American citizens against the senseless acts of domestic violence that are created by the possessors of automatic-fire weapons.

It will be some kind of 'defense sprinkler' that will combine video and real-time response action for public places, theaters, and any other venue in which unsuspecting American citizens gather for affiliation, association, or entertainment, in compliance with local ordinances.

Since the Corps of the Holy Angles cannot provide this service, true American patriots will need to rise to the occasion of community survival.

Your life, and the lives of your family, will depend upon this community-preservation commitment.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
3. Most Americans don't feel gun legislation needs to be passed this year

This doesn't come as a shocker given my last point, yet gun rights advocates have to like this number: only 46% of Americans in the latest Pew Research poll believe it is essential to pass gun legislation this year. That number includes only 42% of independents, and in fact, only 71% of Democrats who think that gun safety legislation is essential this year.

This is a key point because Republicans might fear being seen, once again, as "too rigid" and the "party of no", as many Americans feel they are. But they can rest a little easier when it comes to guns. The American public seems to be saying that there's nothing wrong with a delay.

4. Public opinion on gun control will eventually run out

If new gun laws aren't passed this year, then they likely won't be passed at all. Past history indicates that the current tide of opinion in favor of gun control will ebb over the course of the year. After Columbine, the only event in recent history with a comparable increase in favor of gun control, the high-water mark dropped after a year.

The reasons are twofold. First, the movement in favor of gun control has been driven mostly by media coverage. The media has yet to abandon stories about gun control, but time and a business imperative will eventually take their toll. Newer and more compelling news stories will fill the headlines, and most people will follow where the news coverage leads.

Second, the general movement over the past two decades has been against greater gun control. Take a look at the image above and take away the Sandy Hook spike. Prior to the Newtown shooting, the percentage of Americans in favor of stricter gun control had dropped below 50% – the first time that had ever happened.

Thus, from a game theory standpoint, I'm not exactly sure congressional members who want minimal gun control should rush into any deal. They have the numbers to stop any gun control measures in the Senate by filibuster, and they have a majority in the House. As importantly, if they look at the polling, they'll know that they won't face much of a penalty from the public: America isn't exactly clamoring for tighter gun control and believes that other steps would do more to curb gun violence.

This is not to say a bill on background checks won't pass through Congress. It's just that the current hold-up should surprise no one; and despite the weight of current opinion, the pressure to make a law on guns probably won't increase.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 531   End
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die