Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die : Swingers Discussion 2165031011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAssault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 531   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Big:

Get over your inflated self ego. The police have access to stuff you aren't allowed to own, so to have overwhelming firepower Vrs criminals who would commit crimes. And yes, their lives mean more than an individual not protecting us.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
why do police get to use stuff that I can't even own.is their life more important then mine.do they have more rights then me.................BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Colt makes seven round magazines, but the Colt .45 carried cocked and locked skeers the liberals.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
Perf, you don't like knee-jerk, reactionary, issue of the moment legislation? How will you cope in this modern era we live in? Imagine if all the legislators got either horny or satiated at the same time;;; what strange laws would they write and vote for?

Why don't we have the US congress only in session for four days a month? We already have so many goddamned laws. With only four days a ,month, they would actually have to not waste their time on bullshit.

Greenville SC
Username hidden
(363 posts)
"The ban on magazines holding more than seven bullets was set to start April 15. Cuomo has said the law needs to be rolled back because manufacturers don’t make seven-round holders."

Ignorance. Typical of the left. It never stops them from legislating anything.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17103 posts)
Well at least 10 rounds are legal again. Now time to roll back the rest.

Governor Andrew Cuomo’s seven-round limit on magazines sold in New York will be suspended “indefinitely” by a measure in his $136.5 billion budget set to be passed this week, Dean Skelos, a Senate majority leader said.

The ban on magazines holding more than seven bullets was set to start April 15. Cuomo has said the law needs to be rolled back because manufacturers don’t make seven-round holders. The measure was a center piece to a gun law the 55-year-old Democratic governor pushed through the legislature in January, making New York the first state to respond with tougher gun regulations to the Newtown, Connecticut school massacre.

The budget “bill will have an indefinite postponement of the issue,” Skelos, the Long Island Republican who co-leads the Senate with a group of five breakaway Democrats, told reporters in Albany yesterday.

Josh Vlasto, a Cuomo spokesman, didn’t respond to an e-mail requesting comment.

The senate is scheduled to meet through March 27 to pass Cuomo’s budget. The Assembly will return to Albany March 28 to begin voting. The budget goes into effect April 1.

The suspension means magazines holding up to 10 rounds will continue to be sold. Other pieces of Cuomo’s gun law, including measures that close loopholes in a 2000 assault weapons ban that Cuomo said had more holes than Swiss cheese and tougher background checks for sales, won’t be touched by the changes. The governor began pressing for tighter firearm controls after 20 children and six adults were gunned down at Sandy Hook Elementary School Dec. 14.

Cuomo has been criticized by pro-gun groups, including the National Rifle Association, for waiving a requirement that bills sit for three days before they’re passed. His gun law was passed within 24 hours of being introduced, a move Cuomo has said was necessary to prevent a sales rush on assault weapons.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Robert like I have told you we all don't live in a city or sub-division. At times we can use a rifle for protection. Plus as I have said before,an assault rifle does not exist in many private hands. It is a term used by people who want to limit guns in peoples hands.Assault rifles are select fire Class III weapons.What make a rifle with a pistol grip so dangerous??

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

"Robert. Gun control is about CONTROL also. It is to control the people from being able to protect themselves from threats."

As stated from a paranoid mind.

Gun control isn't about preventing you from being able to defend yourself, it is about limiting the access to weapons not meant to defend, but to attack.

Defense is huddling in your bedroom waiting with the 12 gag pointed to the door.

Attack is taking the assault weapon and actively hunting down the intruder.

While I do not support gun bans, I will not stop you from doing either as it is your house and if you can prove that the person you shot invaded it against your desires... I don't care if you bind and gag them before shooting them. (you will of course have to prove to my satisfaction that they invaded your home and weren't let in. A feat which won't be easy as I know how easy it is to create false images on computers)

"If a person chooses not to or is unable to use a firearm to protect themselves so be it. But why does the will of a few override the many."

Because you live within a society, you are part of a greater whole. Don't like it? Find another greater whole or change public opinion. (My hope is that you can change it.)

"They shout polls say this and that about gun control. Polls can be slanted anyway at all to suit the purpose of the ones taking them no matter what the question is being asked."

Yes they can, that is why the most important polls are the ones held to elect our leaders. So far the trend is for greater gun control.

"The facts are that the laws they are trying to pass now will not reduce violent crime. Which by the way is at a 30 year low.Even the DOJ has said that the new laws they want to pass will do nothing to help."

Which I am not arguing. Remember, I have stated that I am against bans, but I am for regulating, knowing who has what lawfully bought weapon and I am all for allowing you to own a Gatling cannon with ammo. (you must simply own it legally and be registered.)

"This is all about doing something to make them feel good."

Yes it is, that is why we call our form of government a republic and not a dictatorship. The leaders are bound to the will of the voter and the voters have elected anti-gun people. Accept it, change the mind's of the people or move to another nation where you can own any weapon you want.

"Why not step back and look at the whole problem.Take time to work on it and come up with a solution that will work instead of just passing laws that will not make a difference."

Because the solutions are known. You need to reduce gang enlistments... You can only do this by increasing the wealth which people are paid for the work they do. This means that the business man must reduce their wealth and share more of it with their workers.

All other options are to require dictatorships to be installed, bring back execution for theft to scare a few people from committing a crime and reduce the surplus population of those who would commit a crime.

"Look at NY. They passed their SAFE act now they are wasting more time trying to figure it out and pass amendments to it to make it so Police can carry Hi-cap mags.This is what happens when you pass laws on emotions instead of thinking things out and getting something that will work."

Yes it is, but that is the price of the public having a say in politics.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
US hunters begin boycott over Colorado gun laws Associated Press COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Hunters across the United States are boycotting Colorado because of recent legislation meant to curtail gun violence.

Michael Bane, a producer for The Outdoor Channel, announced he will no longer film his four shows in Colorado, and hunters are joining the protests.

Hunting outfitters say people began cancelling trips after the legislation passed, the Colorado Springs Gazette reported. The numbers are few, but growing.

Colorado's governor signed bills this month that ban ammunition magazines that hold more than 15 rounds, and require background checks for private and online gun sales.

Those new gun laws and others were drawn up in response to mass killings at a suburban Denver movie theater and a Connecticut elementary school.

Northwest Colorado hunting guide Chris Jurney expects more state defections in a major tourism industry. Out-of-state hunters accounted for 15 percent of hunting licenses last year, 86,000, compared with 489,000 for residents.

"There's a united front of sportsmen that are tired of having their freedoms and liberties and fundamental rights taken away from them," said Jurney, vice president of the Colorado Outfitters Association. "That kind of unity among sportsmen is going to be big, and unfortunately for those of us who live here, we're going to suffer the consequences of this misguided legislation."

Legislative leaders declined to comment.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife spokesman Randy Hampton said his agency has asked the state attorney general's office for advice on impacts to hunters. While legal possession of high-capacity magazines is grandfathered in, officials want to make sure they are still legal to use.

Jurney said he expects the actual impact of gun regulations on Colorado hunters will be small. Varmint hunters tend to use high-capacity magazines, so they might be limited. He also is concerned about a provision that limits the loaning of a gun to 72 hours. Many youth hunts, in which most guns are loaned, last longer, he said.

Jeff Lepp, owner of Specialty Sports, a gun and hunting shop in Colorado Springs, predicts hunters are going to choose to visit other Rocky Mountain states.

"Small mountain towns and rural towns in this state are going to lose a lot of money because you're not going to see the number of out-of-state hunters coming here. Other states are going to see a growth," he said.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17103 posts)
Robert. Gun control is about CONTROL also. It is to control the people from being able to protect themselves from threats. If a person chooses not to or is unable to use a firearm to protect themselves so be it. But why does the will of a few override the many.They shout polls say this and that about gun control. Polls can be slanted anyway at all to suit the purpose of the ones taking them no matter what the question is being asked.The facts are that the laws they are trying to pass now will not reduce violent crime. Which by the way is at a 30 year low.Even the DOJ has said that the new laws they want to pass will do nothing to help.This is all about doing something to make them feel good.Why not step back and look at the whole problem.Take time to work on it and come up with a solution that will work instead of just passing laws that will not make a difference.Look at NY. They passed their SAFE act now they are wasting more time trying to figure it out and pass amendments to it to make it so Police can carry Hi-cap mags.This is what happens when you pass laws on emotions instead of thinking things out and getting something that will work.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 531   End
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die