Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die : Swingers Discussion 21650310101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAssault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 531   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Vacp:

He = her husband? If so he does have a right to be traumatized by the events. He nearly lost his wife and a number of others did lose loved ones.

Now what we both can agree on is that they are attacking the wrong weapons with the attack on the AR-15. It is however the symbol of what they want banned, because it does look imposing... and to be honest, it is.

That said, if I want to be able to shoot at ranges longer than 50 -75 meters, I will get myself a springfield bolt action or a real sniper rifle.

As I am depth perception challenged, I am more partial to AOE weapons. Explosives, rockets, and grenade launchers. Flame based is good too. I don't think many people would want to risk fighting a man with a flame thrower and they are fairly easy to make... sadly. (they are thankfully by nature of using a force of nature, never a safe weapon to use.)

This all said. Hand guns and other small weapons are the thing that kill more people, armed or not.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7434 posts)
Oh and I am not talking about what she said. I am talking about what HE has said. The bad part is she is still in recovery and she can be told to say anything at this time and may not even know really what she is saying. I am glad that she is getting better but I hate to see her being used as a pawn in this. It is no different than Sara Brady using Jim as a show piece.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Not angry asked you to PLEASE get your facts right. Link is at bottom of post A Glock 19 was used w/33 rd mag.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Fine, only a hand gun was used... How about providing links instead of becoming angry.

Either way, her perspective of weapons and what you need as a civilian to defend yourself has changed because of her personal tragedy.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7434 posts)
Robert plese get your facts straight,no rifle was used The weapon authorities accuse Jared Loughner of using in Saturday's deadly shooting spree near Tucson is one of the world's most popular and reliable handguns.

The Glock 19 is a relatively compact 9mm weapon and one of several pistols made by Glock Ges.m.b.H., an Austrian manufacturer. Glock pistols are used by military forces and police worldwide and reportedly are used by more than 60 percent of U.S. law-enforcement agencies.

When law officers began to forsake the revolvers that they had used for decades, and which typically held only six cartridges, the Glock became one of the most popular police pistols. That was because of its proven reliability, its ability to put out bullets at a rate of more than one per second, its lightweight polymer frame and the number of cartridges it could carry: 15 in the standard Glock 19 magazine and up to 33 in an extended magazine.

Sgt. Steve Martos, a Phoenix Police Department spokesman, said Glocks are the standard firearm for all 3,140 Phoenix officers.

"When we switched from revolvers, we did research," Martos said. "We found that Glock was the most reliable pistol available." w w w . azcentral . com/news/articles/2011/01/10/20110110gabrielle-giffords-arizona-shooting-glock.html

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

A rifle was used in the attack on her. A hand gun might have been used to finish her.

What you need to understand is that different people handle grief differently. In this case you make a sympathetic face, tell her that you are amazed at the level of her recovery and then tell her that you won't let grief dictate what other peoples freedoms of ownership of things. (as defined by non-sapient or living things)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7434 posts)
Well if you have been following what he has been saying for the last couple of months. He has said there is no need for them and he has had no use for one. And if you think about it, she was not shot by a modern sporting rifle she was shot by a handgun. So I would think he would be against them instead of adding a Sig .45 to his collection.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Being shot tends to change your perspective on a great many things. I defy you to take a round to the head, become partially disabled and within a year walk again, much less be able to talk in any capacity.

While I do not agree with the ban, this photo is dated to before she was shot. After traumatic events, you tend to become a different person.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7434 posts)
Thought they said there was no need for an AR-15 w w w . breitbart . com/Big-Government/2013/03/14/Mark-Kelly-s-AR-15-Stunt-Provokes-Giffords-Photo-Leak

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
ht tp://monachuslex.c om/?p=2501 By John Pierce

Democrat’s ‘Universal Background Check’ bill discriminates against same-sex couples

Under this bill, same-sex couples could no longer jointly own a firearm. And if the partner who has ‘legal’ ownership of the firearm were to leave town on a business trip that ultimately lasts more than 7 days then both partners would be felons!

Even if the business trip lasted fewer than 7 days, if the partner remaining in town decided to go to the shooting range, they would both be felons!

Unmarried heterosexual couples are similarly affected as are step-children.

And it gets even worse. Other felonies created by the bill include:

A soldier deploying overseas who leaves his guns with a friend = felony! Loaning a firearm to a friend to go to the range = felony! Loaning a firearm to a friend for hunting the day before the season opens = felony! Allowing a friend to shoot your gun on your own land = felony!

The real intent of this bill is not to close some imaginary loophole. Rather, it is to make it so legally dangerous to own a firearm that people will give up their rights rather than attempt to comply.

About John Pierce Monachus Lex is written by Virginia attorney John Pierce. John is a life-long gun rights advocate, an NRA certified instructor and co-founder of the nationwide gun rights group OpenCarry.o rg

He has an undergraduate degree in Computer Information Systems, an MBA from George Mason University and is a 2012 Honors Graduate of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, MN.

Professionally, John is a member of the American Bar Association Second Amendment Civil Rights Litigation Subcommittee and his writings have been published by the ABA Civil Rights Litigation Committee and the ABA Minority Trial Lawyer Committee.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19318 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 531   End
TOPIC: Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die